Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 3rd January 2008, 18:58   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawan View Post
well sure you can get a drive.
how about even better you get your v8 back and we can swap cars.what say.
You want me to give you my cadillac.. Hmmm.. Interesting.. Lemme think about it.
I wish i could have got it with me but unfortunately its LHD

Goddy
Godfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2008, 20:31   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawan View Post
thanks a lot man.

@ raghuram which carb are you running.i was going carb earlier mikuni racing carbs but because of the mileage part of it i didnt i was told milleage would go down to some 9 with this carb but power would be some where around 90-100 with a little more tuning work.so stayed fi.
-running esteem carb as of now gives decent FE and power, you can always switch to racing carb/carbs when you wanna race, but for a street run this would do.

-also webbers/racing mikuni's bigger jets- oh boy you are in a league of your own..........

Last edited by raghuram.cg : 3rd January 2008 at 20:33.
raghuram.cg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2008, 21:07   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghuram.cg View Post
@John- did you know about this car already? if not, you must be opening some detective agency man...
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
PS: Im the only guy who knows how John has the dope on any TN car.ANY!
Don't complicate mahendra. I have a KHonda bought on Dec31st 1996 which has the same prefix 7181. So this car should be Nov/Dec 1996. Not only that i can pretty much tell you the year if you can give me a regn number of any city RTO without using what you know.

BTW, i might even know this car, which is why i was surprised that our bangy boys did not even bother to enquire about this except maybe they knew the owner too well.
esteem_lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2008, 21:19   #34
BHPian

guru's any idea for the suspension .. ? can we use swift,esteem springs ??
yasw_anth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2008, 19:25   #35
BANNED

can i put a diesel engine in my maruti 800 .if yes what would be the cost and which engine is best suited for it. what other changes must be made to car body to make it a stable car
harry2223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2008, 19:29   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry2223 View Post
can i put a diesel engine in my maruti 800 .if yes what would be the cost and which engine is best suited for it. what other changes must be made to car body to make it a stable car
If you are ploking in a diesel engine to bring down running costs, you would be better off with an LPG kit.

Comming to think of it, may be not. Auto Gas sells for 35 odd rupees in bangalore.
Spinnerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2008, 20:16   #37
BANNED

no i dont want to put a diesel engine for running cost but i want a better engine with high power and a louder and heavier sound. which m800 dont have
harry2223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2008, 23:18   #38
BHPian

put the 1nt toyota engine gives a whole lot of mileage some 20+mileage.
pawan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2008, 23:24   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry2223 View Post
i want a better engine with high power and a louder and heavier sound. which m800 dont have
No point in plonking a diesel engine. The vibrations will make your bones rattle like no end. Maintanence will be heavy too.

Instead try putting an alto 1.1 engine (if you can find one) or a wagonR engine (heard its possible) and then get a FFE/porting/polishing/the works. Will sound loud enough and will be fast enough too.

But then remember, you would need good brakes to stop the car too, so that means you would need to upgrade to a booster or something like that.

Do keep us posted.
n_aditya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2008, 23:26   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
Instead try putting an alto 1.1 engine (if you can find one) or a wagonR engine (heard its possible)
They're the same.
v1p3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2008, 12:03   #41
Senior - BHPian

Plonking a bigger engine in the zen is pointless..the car cant handle it..and if you are gonna make all the changes to make it handle better..you'll end up spending more than what you could get a bigger more powerful car for..

Its good fun to show off from traffic lights..that s all an E-ZEN can do..surprise cars with bigger engines with its great acceleration!!
headers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2008, 14:46   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
Plonking a bigger engine in the zen is pointless..the car cant handle it..
Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
Its good fun to show off from traffic lights..that s all an E-ZEN can do..surprise cars with bigger engines with its great acceleration!!
I beg to disagree. IMO, nothing suits the word(s) 'Pocket Rocket' better than a well-executed E-Zen. It can accelerate well, handle well, is easy on the pocket and the FTD factor is great. Not to mention the exhaust note of a modded Zen is absolutely divine.

FYI, I owned a modded modded 99 Zen which I sold to buy a 2004 MPFi Esteem (also modded after purchase). Sometimes I regret not having gone ahead with my E-Zen project 2 years ago. At that time, I felt the total cost would get me an MPFI Esteem which I thought was almost the same thing but realised otherwise. In some ways I am happy with my decision as I now have a bigger car with power-steering and most importantly no legal issues.
S@~+#0$# is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2008, 13:26   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S@~+#0$# View Post
I beg to disagree. IMO, nothing suits the word(s) 'Pocket Rocket' better than a well-executed E-Zen. It can accelerate well, handle well, is easy on the pocket and the FTD factor is great. Not to mention the exhaust note of a modded Zen is absolutely divine.

FYI, I owned a modded modded 99 Zen which I sold to buy a 2004 MPFi Esteem (also modded after purchase). Sometimes I regret not having gone ahead with my E-Zen project 2 years ago.

Try taking the E-zen through a slalom and you'll agree with my previous post..

I have had an E-zen for 2 years and done more than 30000 kms on it before selling it..ofcourse without the engine!!
Old 9th January 2008, 13:34   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S@~+#0$# View Post
I regret not having gone ahead with my E-Zen project 2 years ago.
Yeah,..its always fun to think about modding cars..ofcourse having done that..we move on..

An E-zen is ok..if you wanna be differrent..and its ok for a drag..but cant hold a candle to the esteems in other departments..I too was thinking that an E-zen is awesome etc..but that is until you come across better cars!
Old 9th January 2008, 13:49   #45
Senior - BHPian

Vikram saar, bangy boys do major suspension work to get the handling right.
Amitoj's goldie was one of them. It had a psych'd suspension and 195/45/R14 tyres.
Handled pretty well.
nitrous is offline   Reply With Quote