Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 16th March 2008, 10:47   #16
Senior - BHPian

So what is the problem here dude! U are getting great mileage, and with good power!!
JayD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2008, 11:07   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
So what is the problem here dude! U are getting great mileage, and with good power!!
Just wanted to be more faster mate.
Will it effect my Fuel Efficiency?
Gangsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2008, 11:17   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binz View Post
Why?You are getting really great mileage.You seem to be happy with the performance too.There isn't any off-the shel remap for an acent as such.YOu would need to get an ems from racednamics or an emanage ..
Yup, i'm still getting very good mileage. It is just i want to be more faster and especially torquish when it is required. I have few ques.
1. EMS is a plug and play device like pete's? and all the features like off, stage 1, 2 etc.
2. It will always control the original management system or only when i want it to be with the help of switch?
Old 16th March 2008, 21:11   #19
BHPian

You said it did 195 !!! i did not know that the Accents were that fast AND it gives 14 kmpl in the city and 19kmpl !!!!

This must be the most effiecient Accent in the world.
AND ALL this with just a "Green" Filter and a FFE

Moderator's Note: Use of smilies is restricted to 2 per post. Please go through our Announcements section for board etiquette.

Last edited by theMAG : 16th March 2008 at 23:07.
mura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2008, 22:04   #20
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mura View Post
You said it did 195 !!! i did not know that the Accents were that fast AND it gives 14 kmpl in the city and 19kmpl !!!!

You, my friend are probably gonna get an infraction for so many smilies. And he might have got some speedo error but a free flow and am bhp filter does improve top speed a bit.
Akshay1234 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2008, 22:23   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gangsta View Post
1. EMS is a plug and play device like pete's? and all the features like off, stage 1, 2 etc.
2. It will always control the original management system or only when i want it to be with the help of switch?
An ems is not a plug and play device.It has to be connected to the cars ecu and then various parameters have to be set according to your needs.You do not have a stage 1 or stage 2.Tough there are hundreds of different possibilities while tuning it.

Racedynamics controls the main functions of the ecu,while it lets the ecu look after the smaller things.Get what i mean?

You cannot turn it on or off with the help of a switch.

You should be looking at a product such as the tri-phase,which i believe is being sold at half price in the t-bhp marketplace.
binz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2008, 22:26   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

@ nura, pls go through Announcements - Team-BHP
before you start laughing your head off again!
JayD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2008, 00:11   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
You, my friend are probably gonna get an infraction for so many smilies. And he might have got some speedo error but a free flow and am bhp filter does improve top speed a bit.
Speedo Error Checked.
Result No Speedo Issues Confirmed.
Old 17th March 2008, 00:17   #24
BHPian

Quote:

Moderator's Note: Use of smilies is restricted to 2 per post. Please go through our Announcements section for board etiquette.
Then what do you think Accent is restricted to? 140-150-160 kmph?

Quote:
Originally Posted by binz View Post
An ems is not a plug and play device.It has to be connected to the cars ecu and then various parameters have to be set according to your needs.You do not have a stage 1 or stage 2.Tough there are hundreds of different possibilities while tuning it.

Racedynamics controls the main functions of the ecu,while it lets the ecu look after the smaller things.Get what i mean?

You cannot turn it on or off with the help of a switch.

You should be looking at a product such as the tri-phase,which i believe is being sold at half price in the t-bhp marketplace.
thanx for the advice mate. I had read about Tri-Phase. But I'm not sure about the results. I had read the reviews. But it is marginal difference. Not a big difference like the pete's for diesel.

So, EMS = Big money isnt it? and it will surely disturb my fuel efficiency i guess.
Old 17th March 2008, 09:43   #25

Default accent speed

Dear Mura the real official speed of a 1.6 dohc accent is 185km/hr ..so its possible that gangsta due to performance mods may have touched 190
i know its scary to go beyond 160 in an accent but the fuel efficiency figures are almost the same for my car

12 to 13 km/litre in the city and 17 km/litre on the highway after a free flow exhaust.. earlier it was 9 in city and 12 highway on original exhaust

Last edited by GTO : 17th March 2008 at 15:10. Reason: Please do NOT post the entire message in BOLD.
COOLAMOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2008, 16:49   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by COOLAMOL View Post
Dear Mura the real official speed of a 1.6 dohc accent is 185km/hr ..so its possible that gangsta due to performance mods may have touched 190
i know its scary to go beyond 160 in an accent but the fuel efficiency figures are almost the same for my car

12 to 13 km/litre in the city and 17 km/litre on the highway after a free flow exhaust.. earlier it was 9 in city and 12 highway on original exhaust
Try to drive your car on high gears mate. You will get more of it. Hit your 5th gear at 40+ kmph anytime on flat roads (i.e not on a flyover). Hit your 3rd gear at 20+ kmph. It will definately increase your mileage. Avoid running at 2nd gear for long. Hit 3rd and at 40+ kmph hit directly to 5th . Try it and see. Mumbai's road's are very much congested compared to delhi. If you were in delhi you could had got 14 kmpl easily.
Happy Driving
Old 24th June 2008, 14:43   #27
BHPian

Exclamation

ok ..have just got myself a Sep 04 Accent 1.5 . Got all the fluids changed , air filter changed , the mileage i am getting in Mumbai ( colaba ) is 8.5 -8.75. This is with ac on through out. have been reading up on the forum about the KN filters . The dealer ( Viper) in colaba says that he's going to charge me about 6.5K all inclusive. My question is , with an avg of about 5000 km in an year is it worth investing in that AND what are the alternativs to improve the fuel efficiency of the car. I dont rev it , just drive normal , shifting up as soon as the engine can handle ( 5th at 40/45 when traffic permits). So some good advice here would be helpful. Also , does anyone know about arm rests for an accent?.. tried that website but 85 Euros is i think on the higher side plus i dont knw if they will ship to India.
darthvader5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2009, 20:52   #28
BHPian

Sorry for bumping into an year old thread, I was going through this thread and wanted to know is this for real ????? Accent owners, please let me know who gets more than 10 in city or highway. I never got more than 10 in city or highway.
As per this thread, a green and a FFE will result in increase in milage. Any experts to back this up??? If yes, then i really wanna get the same done to my Accent GVS.
reply!
livyodream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2009, 19:22   #29
JLS
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by livyodream View Post
Sorry for bumping into an year old thread, I was going through this thread and wanted to know is this for real ????? Accent owners, please let me know who gets more than 10 in city or highway. I never got more than 10 in city or highway.
As per this thread, a green and a FFE will result in increase in milage. Any experts to back this up??? If yes, then i really wanna get the same done to my Accent GVS.
reply!
I am driving Accent Executive since last 1 year and consistantly get 15 + average from mixed city and highway driving. ( 30% city, 70% highway)
My driving style is sedate, but I have observed one thing, with AC, average drops by around 2 kmpl. So I get 16-17 with no or moderate use of AC, get 15 if I use AC 50% of time.

Hope this helps.

JLS
JLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2009, 11:50   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLS View Post
I am driving Accent Executive since last 1 year and consistantly get 15 + average from mixed city and highway driving. ( 30% city, 70% highway)
My driving style is sedate, but I have observed one thing, with AC, average drops by around 2 kmpl. So I get 16-17 with no or moderate use of AC, get 15 if I use AC 50% of time.

Hope this helps.

JLS
I get around 13 km per litre of petrol on the highway with a heavy right foot without AC. In fact, on the highway with speeds well above 100 kmph, AC will not dip the FE because with the windows down, the drag will reduce FE. So AC or no AC should be the same - gurus please confirm.
In bangalore traffic, there is no point measuring FE because a 2 km crawl in first gear on old madras road for 30 mins at peak hour should drink as much fuel as a 10 km drive for 10 mins at 60kmph at 1 AM! right?
harsha.cs1 is offline   Reply With Quote