Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 3rd December 2009, 12:15   #31
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 455
Thanked: 101 Times
Default

I'm always getting FE of 11-12 in Mumbai City with My Accent. The Accent has run 42,000 kms. It has Tri-Phase, Pipercross Airfilter and Iridium Plugs. On highways it's giving me 15-17 kmpl. All these figures are with 100% AC on.
I've heard that installing a FFE will further increase the FE so just waiting for that to be done. May be in next 2-3 months.
Regarding driving style I try to maintain RPM of 1500-3000 to achieve the best result in terms of Power and FE.
saurabhkum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2009, 13:04   #32
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 224
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabhkum View Post
I'm always getting FE of 11-12 in Mumbai City with My Accent. The Accent has run 42,000 kms. It has Tri-Phase, Pipercross Airfilter and Iridium Plugs. On highways it's giving me 15-17 kmpl. All these figures are with 100% AC on.
I've heard that installing a FFE will further increase the FE so just waiting for that to be done. May be in next 2-3 months.
Regarding driving style I try to maintain RPM of 1500-3000 to achieve the best result in terms of Power and FE.
That's great for you. I find the Accent rather quick and racy (I know many bhpians would differ). In addition, it's easy handling kinda lures me to keep revving the machine. Basically, I find it very hard to keep the revs low, hence the mileage on the lower side.
harsha.cs1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2009, 13:55   #33
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Noida
Posts: 612
Thanked: 10 Times
Default

i get an average (without AC) of 13-14 in city and 17-18 on long drives. RPM in city is anything between 2-2.5K. With AC it goes down by about 1.5kmpl

The FFE and Iridium plugs have an effect on the mileage definately! will try a CAI next
saintsinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2009, 14:55   #34
BHPian
 
s3va's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Dubai
Posts: 646
Thanked: 3 Times
Default

well Gangsta, I dont understand if you are concerned or happy about the mileage !!!

If something is working fine leave it as it is. Start a savings account and deposit the money you are now saving on fuel due to the exemplary FE and buy a Mitsu EVO !!!
s3va is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2009, 17:27   #35
BHPian
 
longford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Navi Mumbai
Posts: 159
Thanked: 12 Times
Default

Concur with Saurabh's numbers.
My 11 km Palm beach ride to and fro yields me around 13kmph

Just got back from my Rajasthan road trip this morning, fairly certain that I am getting at least 15 with full AC with speeds hovering between 80-130 constant. Will post the exact numbers once I get time to write my trip blog, logs and posts.

Harsha, Can't agree less. Quick and racy is what I experience with my Accent GLX 2001 :-)
My trip experience seem to indicate that the Accent likes to driven fast AND not really affect the mileage. My theory at present.
longford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2009, 18:34   #36
BHPian
 
Abeer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: UP-16
Posts: 199
Thanked: 12 Times
Default

I own a Hyundai Accent 2008 GLE and it gives me 11 in city and around 14 on highways. No Mods done till now. I plan to switch over to Iridium plugs when the times comes to change the current set.
Abeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2009, 18:48   #37
Senior - BHPian
 
arjunrudra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: chennai
Posts: 1,515
Thanked: 13 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abeer View Post
I own a Hyundai Accent 2008 GLE and it gives me 11 in city and around 14 on highways. No Mods done till now. I plan to switch over to Iridium plugs when the times comes to change the current set.
I really dont think the iridium plugs are going to make a noticeable change in the performance of the vehicle , unless you do play with the ecu or with the engine components.
And if you do plan to change , also go for the ngk race wires which will hold up well with the new power.
arjunrudra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2009, 20:21   #38
BHPian
 
Gangsta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 622
Thanked: Once
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by s3va View Post
well Gangsta, I dont understand if you are concerned or happy about the mileage !!!

If something is working fine leave it as it is. Start a savings account and deposit the money you are now saving on fuel due to the exemplary FE and buy a Mitsu EVO !!!
My Accent had done more than 1.6 lakh KM. Still running hard, fast and still giving mileage of 13-14 kmpl in city. m enjoying the ride.

You save your money to buy Mitsu Evo ?
Gangsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2009, 21:34   #39
Senior - BHPian
 
pranavt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,628
Thanked: 272 Times
Default

Spark plugs or wires add 0 hp. Please don't recommend crap like expensive plug wires or plugs for a stock engine with intake/exhaust mods.
pranavt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2009, 15:14   #40
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 507
Thanked: 57 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintsinner View Post
i get an average (without AC) of 13-14 in city and 17-18 on long drives. RPM in city is anything between 2-2.5K. With AC it goes down by about 1.5kmpl

The FFE and Iridium plugs have an effect on the mileage definately! will try a CAI next
How do you get these numbers man>?????
My Accent 2003 GVS never managed to get more than 10, be it on AC not not.

What do you do to attain these numbers?

somebody explain the maintianence schedules if any.

Last edited by livyodream : 8th December 2009 at 15:18.
livyodream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2009, 15:24   #41
BHPian
 
wildchild4lyfe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: mumbai
Posts: 405
Thanked: 4 Times
Default

the way to go is...filter,a complete FFE and a port polish.
if you arent still satisfied then cams,ecm, race clutch.
the next step would be forced induction.
if you still arent satisfied..get a new car!! hahah! just kidding!

and yes plugs and cables dont do jack to performance..
wildchild4lyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2009, 12:18   #42
BHPian
 
longford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Navi Mumbai
Posts: 159
Thanked: 12 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gangsta View Post
Try to drive your car on high gears mate. You will get more of it. Hit your 5th gear at 40+ kmph anytime on flat roads (i.e not on a flyover). Hit your 3rd gear at 20+ kmph. It will definately increase your mileage. Avoid running at 2nd gear for long. Hit 3rd and at 40+ kmph hit directly to 5th . Try it and see. Mumbai's road's are very much congested compared to delhi. If you were in delhi you could had got 14 kmpl easily.
Happy Driving
Gangsta, good for you that you are able to push the car to get this great mileage. As for me I am quite far from it on my stock car.

I am kinda curious; tried 3rd at 20 and 5th at 40 and its is quite a drag to come to speed. This under revving - how does it increase fuel efficiency? Plus the ride till the speed picks up to 55-60 is quite a burden on the engine. My ride is a straight trouble free 11 km Palm Beach ride each way. Also, all documentation viewed on the Accent points to a 180 Max. In one post quite some time back , there was a mention of a push to 210, which looked very stretched for a 1.5 engine. The view then given was 80 on 3rd. Look forward to your views.

Quote:
Originally Posted by livyodream View Post
Sorry for bumping into an year old thread, I was going through this thread and wanted to know is this for real ????? Accent owners, please let me know who gets more than 10 in city or highway. I never got more than 10 in city or highway.
As per this thread, a green and a FFE will result in increase in milage. Any experts to back this up??? If yes, then i really wanna get the same done to my Accent GVS.
reply!
livyodream, I used to get about 13.5-14 on my semi-highway commute ride. Now I get 12-13 for the same with occassional AC. Am pretty sure you could get that numbers easily as your car is 2 years younger than mine. But average FFE is around 9 and 11-12 on highway.

btw, what fuel do you put in ? I mostly put HP Power from a fixed outlet. Now planning to switch to IOCL Extra Premium.

Strange observation in my car. I always fill full tank. After the HP fill in, when I start to ride the car, there is a petrol smell, everytime. But in my recent trip, I filled IOCL, Shell, BP, I got no petrol smell. But even at HP pumps in other places the smell came!
longford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2009, 12:31   #43
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 507
Thanked: 57 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by longford View Post

livyodream, I used to get about 13.5-14 on my semi-highway commute ride. Now I get 12-13 for the same with occassional AC. Am pretty sure you could get that numbers easily as your car is 2 years younger than mine. But average FFE is around 9 and 11-12 on highway.

btw, what fuel do you put in ? I mostly put HP Power from a fixed outlet. Now planning to switch to IOCL Extra Premium.
13-14 is like heights. i would be crorepathi if I had got these numbers .

Theres no specific outlet for the fuel. I just fill when ever it is required from any pump. Does that really matter? Ya and no extra permium or anything. just unleaded fuel.

And i dont fill the tank full as I use the car only on weekends. Does this also matter?

Ya 1 more thing. After reading the ECU reset in a thread in TBHP, i went ahead and reset the ECU. after that its come down to 8-9 in highway .

Theres a wierd issue with the engine since 2-3 months. When ever i floor the accelerator suddenly, theres a sudden lack of power and it feels as if theres not fuel in the car. It starts choking. After few seconds it comes back to normal.
I gave the car for general service (not Hyundai A.S.S) and he told that there is some issue with alternator/starter (dont remember now) and also mentioned that due to strike in hyundai factory the parts were not available, so he repaierd it. Changed 600 Rs for the same.
It worked fine for a month and now back to ground zero. I guess I have to change the alternator/starter. Anyone has any idea about this issue?

Last edited by livyodream : 9th December 2009 at 12:34.
livyodream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2009, 12:59   #44
BHPian
 
longford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Navi Mumbai
Posts: 159
Thanked: 12 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by livyodream View Post
13-14 is like heights. i would be crorepathi if I had got these numbers .

Theres no specific outlet for the fuel. I just fill when ever it is required from any pump. Does that really matter? Ya and no extra permium or anything. just unleaded fuel.

And i dont fill the tank full as I use the car only on weekends. Does this also matter?

Ya 1 more thing. After reading the ECU reset in a thread in TBHP, i went ahead and reset the ECU. after that its come down to 8-9 in highway .

Theres a weird issue with the engine since 2-3 months. When ever i floor the accelerator suddenly, theres a sudden lack of power and it feels as if theres not fuel in the car. It starts choking. After few seconds it comes back to normal.
I gave the car for general service (not Hyundai A.S.S) and he told that there is some issue with alternator/starter (dont remember now) and also mentioned that due to strike in hyundai factory the parts were not available, so he repaierd it. Changed 600 Rs for the same.
It worked fine for a month and now back to ground zero. I guess I have to change the alternator/starter. Anyone has any idea about this issue?
About the fuel, I just stuck to these premium fuels for the additives which are hopefully added and keep my engine in a better shape.

Cars are meant for running. So even on weekends, try taking it for a spin on the outer ring roads and let it roar for a while. That can help clear things inside. With non use, all kinds of crap accumulates inside.

The choking may be something in your fuel lines. Get the path checked. May not be related to the starter, which I understand has a role only to fire up during ignition. The strike and shortage, sounds like being taken on the magic bean plant ride :-) There are hundreds of Hyundai cars on road, surely company knows that it has to get supplies across for sure.temporary glitches cannot be permanent, plus Dealers always have the spares well stocked.

Dunno about the ECU stuff. Have not yet mustered enough courage to mess with that. Suggest get the car in a dealer service center. They have the scanner and all the codes are very well documented. They can pinpoint where all the errors are including accident affected areas through the scanner.Yes. Thats correct. I have read them in the shop manual documentation, last night. They can get the car fixed alright. Maybe a lil expensive with the taxes etc but charges are comparable.
longford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2009, 10:50   #45
BHPian
 
Gangsta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 622
Thanked: Once
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by longford View Post
Gangsta, good for you that you are able to push the car to get this great mileage. As for me I am quite far from it on my stock car.

I am kinda curious; tried 3rd at 20 and 5th at 40 and its is quite a drag to come to speed. This under revving - how does it increase fuel efficiency? Plus the ride till the speed picks up to 55-60 is quite a burden on the engine. My ride is a straight trouble free 11 km Palm Beach ride each way. Also, all documentation viewed on the Accent points to a 180 Max. In one post quite some time back , there was a mention of a push to 210, which looked very stretched for a 1.5 engine. The view then given was 80 on 3rd. Look forward to your views.

Mine is not 1.5L but it is 1.6L and 1.6L engine unit is completely different from 1.5L with more power. I'm able to achieve those speeds with the gears i had mentioned with my car. But yes there wont be a good speed pick.

Last edited by Gangsta : 12th December 2009 at 10:51.
Gangsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Suggest Some Performance Mods for Santro rareone Modifications & Accessories 58 21st September 2013 14:47
performance mods for hyundai accent 1.6 dohc team44_gautham Modifications & Accessories 4 1st February 2009 01:29
76mm Honda performance pistons, baleno performance cam & NOS kit for sale. mclaren1885 Shifting gears 6 16th September 2007 14:02
performance mods chandan Modifications & Accessories 10 17th December 2005 15:48
performance mods for a desiel mahindra jeep revtech Modifications & Accessories 4 10th May 2005 01:36


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 15:51.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks