Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 6th May 2014, 19:19   #136
Senior - BHPian
 
naveenroy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Now in Bangalore
Posts: 1,295
Thanked: 636 Times
Default Re: Cell Phone holder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safety is Param View Post

However, of late, I feel the need to have something closer to the driver seat, near the trademark position of the diety-idol. Hence, planning to buy either of these. I am against putting anything on the windshield. Any pointers / feedback please?
I was using the same one but attached to the windshield. The suction was so good that the phone never fell. But the problem was that the section attached to the suction cup just broke and came off in my hands once when I was trying to fix it on. Perhaps it was because it was the "cheap" variety. Maybe the costlier one you saw in Staples may be better.
naveenroy is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2014, 19:46   #137
Senior - BHPian
 
joybhowmik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 1,304
Thanked: 1,841 Times
Default Re: Cell Phone holder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safety is Param View Post
Hi,

Hence, planning to buy either of these. Any pointers / feedback please?
If this is stuck by double tape onto the dashboard, it might not really be stable. The overhang with the weight of the phone itself, might cause it to topple.
joybhowmik is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2014, 20:31   #138
Distinguished - BHPian
 
a4anurag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 8,385
Thanked: 9,862 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Can that extension be shortened to make it shorter? What is the overall length (shortest and longest) in cms/inches?
Apologies as I haven't checked the length (Minimum and maximum) of the holder but one thing I can tell you is that at the longest position of the holder (where the phone sits) the maximum it can hold is mobiles within screen size is 4.5-4.7. In the maximum extension if the holder my mobile (Samsung S III) fits correct. I goes anything above this is not possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Is this a universal thing (have an Xperia Z)? How is the build quality? Any rattles?
AFAIK, the Xperia Z is 5 inch screen, right?

For and finish is very good with no sharp/right edges with no rattles or vibrations. Charging is quick and comes in-built with the holder. The in-sales package comes with the chargers for the compatible mobiles though I'm using the OEM Samsung USB cord for charging.

Attaching images of the package:

Name:  ForumRunner_20140506_202832.png
Views: 1905
Size:  422.1 KB


Name:  ForumRunner_20140506_202930.png
Views: 1888
Size:  613.3 KB

Sending you a PM now too. Check it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safety is Param View Post
However, of late, I feel the need to have something closer to the driver seat, near the trademark position of the diety-idol.
Check for the mobile holder that I am using currently. I have attached two images of the package and the compatible mobiles it holds. I have posted the link to purchase 2 posts above.

Anurag.

Last edited by a4anurag : 6th May 2014 at 20:58.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2014, 20:53   #139
BHPian
 
Safety is Param's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Cosmopolitan
Posts: 286
Thanked: 179 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Check for the mobile holder that I am using currently. I gave attached two images of the package and the compatible mobiles it holds. I have posted the link to purchase 2 posts above.Anurag.
Thanks! I use a Galaxy Grand (5 inches) and its not listed in the compatible-mobiles list in your pic posted above. Model wise, I guess its known as I-9082.
Safety is Param is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2014, 20:57   #140
Distinguished - BHPian
 
a4anurag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 8,385
Thanked: 9,862 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safety is Param View Post

Thanks! I use a Galaxy Grand (5 inches) and its not listed in the compatible-mobiles list in your pic posted above. Model wise, I guess its known as I-9082.
Lol. I use a Galaxy SIII (I-9300), not listed in the compatible mobiles but it fits in the holder. I guess the package printing information is not updated.

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2014, 22:23   #141
Distinguished - BHPian
 
phamilyman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 5,496
Thanked: 2,964 Times
Default Re: Cell Phone holder

Curious - is it high enough? My concern with such a stand would be that you'd need to "look away" from the road to see the phone. I have the phone on charging everytime I'm navigating with the GPS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Apologies as I haven't checked the length (Minimum and maximum) of the holder but one thing I can tell you is that at the longest position of the holder (where the phone sits) the maximum it can hold is mobiles within screen size is 4.5-4.7. In the maximum extension if the holder my mobile (Samsung S III) fits correct. I goes anything above this is not possible.
phamilyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2014, 22:27   #142
Distinguished - BHPian
 
a4anurag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 8,385
Thanked: 9,862 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Curious - is it high enough? My concern with such a stand would be that you'd need to "look away" from the road to see the phone. I have the phone on charging everytime I'm navigating with the GPS.
Yes, you do need to look away. My usage is only charging it on the go. I don't use the mobile on the go at all so I don't look at it.

The reason I bought it was to charge the mobile and also keep it near as I log data from ECU for which I need charging though I don't need to stare at it.

Anurag.

Last edited by a4anurag : 6th May 2014 at 22:28.
a4anurag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2014, 12:16   #143
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Delhi-NCR
Posts: 115
Thanked: 27 Times
Default Re: Cell Phone holder

I am looking at buying a windshield mount for my samsung galaxy note 2 for the purpose of navigation. I had shortlisted a Capdase mount. Has anyone got any experience with this? I am interested in knowing how good is the suction with a note 2 as the weight of the phone is slightly on the higher side.

The mount in question
http://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B00C...A21E8QE6KUVJB9
TorquePeedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2014, 12:50   #144
BHPian
 
KING DYSP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: KA 17/Mysore
Posts: 115
Thanked: 194 Times
Arrow Re: Cell Phone holder

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorquePeedo View Post
I am looking at buying a windshield mount for my samsung galaxy note 2 for the purpose of navigation.
Hello TorqePeedo,

Even I have a Note 2 & have been using Capdase Mount holder from past one year for Navigation and I am satisfied with the product. The suction is very good which holds Note 2 flawlessly.

I have tested it on my way from Mysore to Davangere (In which from Srirangapattna to Hiriyur is a 2 lane road and that too from Huliyar to Hiriyur have some pretty big pot holes) and quite a few times on the Mysore Bangalore road( famous Speed breakers paradise). I suggest you to have a look at it.

Regards.
KING DYSP is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2014, 13:01   #145
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Delhi-NCR
Posts: 115
Thanked: 27 Times
Default Re: Cell Phone holder

Quote:
Originally Posted by KING DYSP View Post
Hello TorqePeedo,

Even I have a Note 2 & have been using Capdase Mount holder from past one year for Navigation and I am satisfied with the product. The suction is very good which holds Note 2 flawlessly.

I have tested it on my way from Mysore to Davangere (In which from Srirangapattna to Hiriyur is a 2 lane road and that too from Huliyar to Hiriyur have some pretty big pot holes) and quite a few times on the Mysore Bangalore road( famous Speed breakers paradise). I suggest you to have a look at it.

Regards.
Thanks. I did shortlist a cadpase mount. Please check the link on my previous post and confirm if it is the same mount you are talking about. Do you use it on the fortuner in your profile pic? I need it too for my fortuner
TorquePeedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2014, 13:12   #146
BHPian
 
KING DYSP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: KA 17/Mysore
Posts: 115
Thanked: 194 Times
Arrow Re: Cell Phone holder

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorquePeedo View Post
Thanks. I did shortlist a cadpase mount. Please check the link on my previous post and confirm if it is the same mount you are talking about.
Yeah Buddy checked the link, but I am using a different one Link-Capdase

Edit:: I have been using the mount in my Swift D'zire.

Quote:
Do you use it on the fortuner in your profile pic? I need it too for my fortuner
Sorry mate it's not my Fortuner which is my profile pic. But Love to own the Beast in the near future.

Regards.

Last edited by KING DYSP : 25th June 2014 at 13:14.
KING DYSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2014, 13:13   #147
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Delhi-NCR
Posts: 115
Thanked: 27 Times
Default Re: Cell Phone holder

Quote:
Originally Posted by KING DYSP View Post
Yeah Buddy checked the link, but I am using a different one Link-Capdase

So you mounted this on the dashboard?
TorquePeedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2014, 13:16   #148
BHPian
 
KING DYSP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: KA 17/Mysore
Posts: 115
Thanked: 194 Times
Arrow Re: Cell Phone holder

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorquePeedo View Post
So you mounted this on the dashboard?
No my friend it's a Windshield Mount.
KING DYSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2014, 14:06   #149
Distinguished - BHPian
 
n_aditya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Namma Bengaluru
Posts: 5,139
Thanked: 2,605 Times
Default Re: Cell Phone holder

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorquePeedo View Post
I am looking at buying a windshield mount for my samsung galaxy note 2 for the purpose of navigation. I had shortlisted a Capdase mount. Has anyone got any experience with this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by KING DYSP View Post
Even I have a Note 2 & have been using Capdase Mount holder from past one year for Navigation and I am satisfied with the product. The suction is very good which holds Note 2 flawlessly.
I am also using the same holder which KING DYSP is talking about. A short review from me is posted here (Cell Phone Holder). Go ahead and pick this up. It's worth every penny.
n_aditya is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2014, 02:21   #150
BHPian
 
nerd1200's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Namma Bengaluru
Posts: 93
Thanked: 111 Times
Thumbs up Re: Cell Phone holder

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorquePeedo View Post
I had shortlisted a Capdase mount. Has anyone got any experience with this? I am interested in knowing how good is the suction with a note 2 as the weight of the phone is slightly on the higher side.
Hey TorquePeedo,

with Aditya.

This is a great mount. Very sturdy and reliable. I am using it for my Blackberry Bold and Lumia 925 and am very happy with it. Even I use it mainly for navigation purposes.

The only reason I was upset after buying this product (from flipkart) was because the price was reduced by 200 bucks within 2 days of me buying the same.
So, I would suggest to buy from a local dealer and you'll get the best deal.

Posting a few pics of the one here, hope this helps..
Attached Thumbnails
Cell Phone Holder-wp_20140626_01_11_45_pro.jpg  

Cell Phone Holder-wp_20140626_01_35_06_pro.jpg  

Attached Images
 
nerd1200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
DIY: Mobile Phone Holder for the BMW X1 dinu2506 DIY - Do it yourself 17 22nd July 2013 12:54
Which is best way to connect 2 net through cell phone hari_rama Gadgets, Computers & Software 14 24th March 2006 16:16
What on earth is Nokia doing with cell phone softwares? GTO Gadgets, Computers & Software 8 19th March 2006 00:27
'Never, ever answer a cell phone while it is being CHARGED!! a4_attitude Shifting gears 11 13th February 2006 20:31
how to trace your stolen gsm cell phone speedsatya Shifting gears 8 31st January 2006 20:48


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 02:56.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks