Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 24th June 2016, 23:35   #346
BHPian
 
josejoseph's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Cochin
Posts: 634
Thanked: 316 Times
Default Re: Cell Phone Holder

Not sure if I can ask this question here -

Doesn't the cell phone holder on the dash/wind screen cause distracted driving?

It happens to me especially when my phone beeps so I put my phone away when I drive.
josejoseph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2016, 01:17   #347
Senior - BHPian
 
Tanveer_2558's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,295
Thanked: 1,218 Times
Default Re: Cell Phone Holder

Quote:
Originally Posted by josejoseph View Post
Not sure if I can ask this question here -

Doesn't the cell phone holder on the dash/wind screen cause distracted driving?

It happens to me especially when my phone beeps so I put my phone away when I drive.
It surely does, And hence i never used a cell phone holder after i tried it once, Every notification your eyes would go towards the phone which can be very very distracting and can easily lead to an unfortunate incident.
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2016, 12:27   #348
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 147
Thanked: 140 Times
Default Re: Cell Phone Holder

The Bergmann AutoGrip looks good. Have any of you tried mounting it on the dashboard? The reviews on amazon suggest that it doesn't stick well but I don't know if they are using it right.
JonSnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2016, 09:51   #349
BHPian
 
tacho9000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 147
Thanked: 147 Times
Default Re: Cell Phone Holder

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonSnow View Post
The Bergmann AutoGrip looks good. Have any of you tried mounting it on the dashboard? The reviews on amazon suggest that it doesn't stick well but I don't know if they are using it right.
Dear JonSnow I have the Bergmann phone holder and have got the 3M disc too and have tried the disc on slightly textured surface like dash top which is flat and it has held in quite well on the surface. You can go for it. Must say the product quality is excellent.

Regards,
Subhra
tacho9000 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2016, 12:59   #350
BHPian
 
Visaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 571
Thanked: 196 Times
Default Re: Cell Phone Holder

Had bought this for Rs180/- online. It does the job very well, holds the phone firmly and fixing it on the center AC vent makes it the right position for viewing. The access to the phone also is at hands reach unlike the Screen or the dash mount where in you would require to bend forward.
CD mount also is a good option if you consider centered position and reach considering people hardly use CDs, but I found them very expensive.
Mine is a NOTE 2 and rests very well even on bumpy roads. Finally a good buy for a low cost after checking all those unreliable suction mounts. It can be worked horizontally or vertically.
Attached Images
 

Last edited by Visaster : 9th July 2016 at 13:07.
Visaster is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2016, 13:09   #351
Distinguished - BHPian
 
CrAzY dRiVeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Bangalore / TVM
Posts: 7,417
Thanked: 9,315 Times
Default Re: Cell Phone Holder

After seeing this (link below) mobile holder in member Nkrishnap's car, went ahead and ordered it and fixed it earlier this week. By far, the most unobtrusive mobile holder I've come across and first impressions are very positive.

It holds my 5.5 inch Oppo F1 plus smartphone without a shake. And the positioning allows me to operate it almost like a head unit, compared to glass mounted holders that are more commonly used.

http://www.amazon.in/QBZ-Accessories...3-c8097579f219

Cell Phone Holder-img20160705173017.jpg
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2016, 21:01   #352
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 234
Thanked: 84 Times
Default Re: Cell Phone Holder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visaster View Post
Finally a good buy for a low cost after checking all those unreliable suction mounts. It can be worked horizontally or vertically.
Can you Pls post the link for the same? I'm tired of suction mounts too.
@Chaand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2016, 00:06   #353
BHPian
 
prkiran's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Chennai
Posts: 92
Thanked: 31 Times
Default Re: Cell Phone Holder

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
After seeing this (link below) mobile holder in member Nkrishnap's car, went ahead and ordered it and fixed it earlier this week. By far, the most unobtrusive mobile holder I've come across and first impressions are very positive.

http://www.amazon.in/QBZ-Accessories...3-c8097579f219

Attachment 1526077
CrAzY dRiVeR, could you post a picture with the mobile attached to the holder? And the link you posted seems to be broken.
prkiran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2016, 10:37   #354
Distinguished - BHPian
 
CrAzY dRiVeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Bangalore / TVM
Posts: 7,417
Thanked: 9,315 Times
Default Re: Cell Phone Holder

Quote:
Originally Posted by prkiran View Post
CrAzY dRiVeR, could you post a picture with the mobile attached to the holder? And the link you posted seems to be broken.
Oops! My bad. Here is the correct link once again -
http://www.amazon.in/QBZ-Accessories...a-9139ab7aed5f

If its appearing broken once again, you can google for QBZ magnetic mobile holder and select the Amazon link. After using this product for a few days, I am loving the way it is absolutely discreet when not in use, and helps me position the mobile almost like a stock touchscreen HU and holds it firmly when in use.

BHP'ian nkrishnap has mounted it higher above the a/c vents as per his preference and its been holding up well in his car too.

Here are some better quality pictures -


Holder looks discreet and unobtrusive when not in use. Center part is the magnet and the four hands are just for holding the mobile in position. Device is held by 3M tapes which need to be applied with the 3M primer they provide.
Name:  IMG_3904_800.jpg
Views: 1450
Size:  393.6 KB

Dashboard various angles during daytime -
Name:  IMG_3899_800.jpg
Views: 1445
Size:  187.6 KB

Name:  IMG_3900_800.jpg
Views: 1437
Size:  213.0 KB

And night time -
Name:  IMG_3896_800.jpg
Views: 1442
Size:  218.1 KB

Doesn't stick out of the dashboard too much!
Name:  IMG_3903_800.jpg
Views: 1477
Size:  216.7 KB

CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2016, 10:53   #355
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Chandigarh
Posts: 97
Thanked: 86 Times
Default

Any idea if these magnetic holders will work through a PU leather case. Most of the listings mention hard case only, but has anyone got it working successfully with a soft case.
rdst_1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2016, 11:17   #356
Distinguished - BHPian
 
CrAzY dRiVeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Bangalore / TVM
Posts: 7,417
Thanked: 9,315 Times
Default Re: Cell Phone Holder

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdst_1 View Post
Any idea if these magnetic holders will work through a PU leather case. Most of the listings mention hard case only, but has anyone got it working successfully with a soft case.
I'm using transparent silicon cover for the mobile and have stuck the magnet on this cover only. I guess leather should also work as long as the finish of the material is smooth enough for the magnet to stick using the 3m tape provided.

If it's a rough finish or has patterns on it, better stick to other conventional holders.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2016, 17:12   #357
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Chandigarh
Posts: 97
Thanked: 86 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
I'm using transparent silicon cover for the mobile and have stuck the magnet on this cover only. I guess leather should also work as long as the finish of the material is smooth enough for the magnet to stick using the 3m tape provided.

If it's a rough finish or has patterns on it, better stick to other conventional holders.
You are getting me wrong. I intend to paste the metal disk on the phone and then cover it up with a case whose back is made up of leather. Listings mention that it should be a hard case for the magnet to be able to grip on to the case.
rdst_1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2016, 10:16   #358
BHPian
 
Visaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 571
Thanked: 196 Times
Default Re: Cell Phone Holder

Quote:
Originally Posted by @Chaand View Post
Can you Pls post the link for the same? I'm tired of suction mounts too.
Just google for AC vent mobile holder.

http://www.amazon.in/Casotec-Holder-...+mobile+holder

It is the best holder in my opinion. Enjoy using it.
Visaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2016, 11:47   #359
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 268
Thanked: 55 Times
Default Re: Cell Phone Holder

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Oops! My bad. Here is the correct link once again -
http://www.amazon.in/QBZ-Accessories...a-9139ab7aed5f

If its appearing broken once again, you can google for QBZ magnetic mobile holder and select the Amazon link. After using this product for a few days, I am loving the way it is absolutely discreet when not in use, and helps me position the mobile almost like a stock touchscreen HU and holds it firmly when in use.

BHP'ian nkrishnap has mounted it higher above the a/c vents as per his preference and its been holding up well in his car too.

Here are some better quality pictures -


Holder looks discreet and unobtrusive when not in use. Center part is the magnet and the four hands are just for holding the mobile in position. Device is held by 3M tapes which need to be applied with the 3M primer they provide.

I sit on the back seat of my innova and watch a lot of movies, etc on my tab. I am wondering if you have an idea if I can place this on the headrest of the front seat so that I can then watch movies, etc more easily?
an_and is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2016, 11:52   #360
Distinguished - BHPian
 
CrAzY dRiVeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Bangalore / TVM
Posts: 7,417
Thanked: 9,315 Times
Default Re: Cell Phone Holder

Quote:
Originally Posted by an_and View Post
I sit on the back seat of my innova and watch a lot of movies, etc on my tab. I am wondering if you have an idea if I can place this on the headrest of the front seat so that I can then watch movies, etc more easily?
Since it is based on 3M tape (and magnets to hold phone), all depends on the material of your seat. I doubt if it would stick on fabric. Leather with a smooth finish should do fine.

You can ask questions on the Amazon site with details of your seat material. The dealer seems quite prompt in answering customer queries.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
DIY: Mobile Phone Holder for the BMW X1 dinu2506 DIY - Do it yourself 17 22nd July 2013 12:54
Which is best way to connect 2 net through cell phone hari_rama Gadgets, Computers & Software 14 24th March 2006 16:16
What on earth is Nokia doing with cell phone softwares? GTO Gadgets, Computers & Software 8 19th March 2006 00:27
'Never, ever answer a cell phone while it is being CHARGED!! a4_attitude Shifting gears 11 13th February 2006 20:31
how to trace your stolen gsm cell phone speedsatya Shifting gears 8 31st January 2006 20:48


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 13:35.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks