Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 9th November 2009, 14:16   #61
mkh
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,071
Thanked: 107 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkh View Post
Hi Megs lovers
I have finally come to the conclusion that megs prods are THE best amongst all choices so going to give them a try. Since they are cheapest only from the US, i have tried all my sources to get some of them from the US.
A friend who runs own business has told me he can try and get stuff from there along with his consignments that come( not sure as of now)
I wanted to offer this ONLY for TBHP friends- if i can arrange to get some of megs stuff from US, who all would need and what all products.
Please PM me with your request, i cannot assure but can try and get some
Please note the price will be little more than what we can get online from there, about 30% more cause of charges incurred etc. However it will still be waaay cheaper than what we get in india.Ex: Nxt Tech Wax may come for about Rs 1000..
Kindly note- i am not into selling etc and this is only to help out a few who want megs products so msg me only 1-2 things that you want not more.. and also cannot assure if anything would come.
Sorry for the multiple post
I forgot to mention that this can happen only in bangalore, as i will not be able to do shipping etc outstation
Secondly, the easiest items to get and most likely to come are
1. NXT gen tech wax paste
2. Ultimate Quick Detailer
3. Ultimate Quick Wax
4. Micro fiber towels
5. Swirlx or Scratch X
6. Clay Bars/ Clay Kit
Reason: These are hard to substitute with anything else in india, the rest have equal or better substitutes so no use of me asking for those..
mkh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2009, 12:43   #62
Team-BHP Support
 
Jaggu's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 17,752
Thanked: 7,478 Times
Default

Guys and leads to procure Meguire head light rejuvenation stuff in India, need it for a camry badly. 3M also seems to have the same, any leads?
Jaggu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2009, 14:33   #63
knp
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: bangalore
Posts: 219
Thanked: 18 Times
Default

I had tried local stores in Bangalore and could not find one. So, bought from 20north.com, and they shipped in 6 days. I had bought 3M one and it's really good...and works like a charm.

Shop in the US from India @ 20North - 3M 39008 - Headlight Lens Restoration System - 3M Automotive Products - 39008 : Misc.
knp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2009, 14:40   #64
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: in a Toyota!
Posts: 2,686
Thanked: 595 Times
Default

since 3M has bought over Meguair's, they now together make the world's best polishing and detailing car care products.

look no further!
Parm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2009, 17:11   #65
Team-BHP Support
 
Rudra Sen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 10,404
Thanked: 4,093 Times
Default

Ordered through Swetadri Associates few weeks ago and today I got my package. Out of these, one item I don't need. It's Hot Rims & Aluminium Polish. Anybody has chrome wheel and interested can take it from me. I'm putting the price I paid below:

Meguiar's NXT TECH WAX PASTE (G-12711), 311GMS - 1937.41

Meguiar's SUPREME SHINE MICROFIBER TOWEL (X-2010) - 573.35

Meguiar's SOFT TOUCH MICROFIBER CHAMOIS (X2070) - 1250.90

Meguiar's WASH MITT (E102E) - 926.22

Meguiar's HOT RIMS & ALUMINIUM POLISH - 999.63 (This is the one I don't need)

I got a 10% discount on all items and paid 12.5% VAT on total bill.

For Bangalore:
Contact person: Srikant
Swetadri Associates, No, 10, S.V.K Layout III Stage.
Basaveshwaranagar, Bangalore - 560 079
91-80-232208206.
email srikant@swetadri.com

Bombay importer:
HIGH PERFORMANCE COMPOSITES & COATINGS PVT. LTD
Solaris Complex, Unit No 1, E-61 65-67
Saki Vihar Road, Powai, Andheri(E) 400 072
022 2857 0180/2857 0772/2857 8801
email hpcc@bom3.vsnl.net.in

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 20th December 2009 at 07:08.
Rudra Sen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2009, 23:33   #66
BHPian
 
akshay_b's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 363
Thanked: 10 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen View Post
Ordered through Swetadri Associates few weeks ago and today I got my package. Out of these, one item I don't need. It's Hot Rims & Aluminium Polish. Anybody has chrome wheel and interested can take it from me. I'm putting the price I paid below:

Meguiar's NXT TECH WAX PASTE (G-12711), 311GMS - 1937.41

Meguiar's SUPREME SHINE MICROFIBER TOWEL (X-2010) - 573.35

Meguiar's SOFT TOUCH MICROFIBER CHAMOIS (X2070) - 1250.90

Meguiar's WASH MITT (E102E) - 926.22

Meguiar's HOT RIMS & ALUMINIUM POLISH - 999.63 (This is the one I don't need)

I got a 10% discount on all items and paid 12.5% VAT on total bill.
These were the prices that i was quoted a few months back by shweatdri:

NXT wax- 1700Rs.

Meguiar's sheep skin wash mitt - 600Rs.

NXT quick detailer: 840Rs

Ultimate Quick Detailer: 1300Rs.

How many Meguiar's Microfiber cloths do you get in one pack?
akshay_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2009, 00:05   #67
mkh
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,071
Thanked: 107 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen View Post
Ordered through Swetadri Associates few weeks ago and today I got my package. Out of these, one item I don't need. It's Hot Rims & Aluminium Polish. Anybody has chrome wheel and interested can take it from me. I'm putting the price I paid below:

Meguiar's NXT TECH WAX PASTE (G-12711), 311GMS - 1937.41

Meguiar's SUPREME SHINE MICROFIBER TOWEL (X-2010) - 573.35

Meguiar's SOFT TOUCH MICROFIBER CHAMOIS (X2070) - 1250.90

Meguiar's WASH MITT (E102E) - 926.22

Meguiar's HOT RIMS & ALUMINIUM POLISH - 999.63 (This is the one I don't need)

I got a 10% discount on all items and paid 12.5% VAT on total bill.

For Bangalore:
Contact person: Srikant
Swetadri Associates, No, 10, S.V.K Layout III Stage.
Basaveshwaranagar, Bangalore - 560 079
91-80-232208206.
email srikant@swetadri.com

Bombay importer:
HIGH PERFORMANCE COMPOSITES & COATINGS PVT. LTD
Solaris Complex, Unit No 1, E-61 65-67
Saki Vihar Road, Powai, Andheri(E) 400 072
022 2857 0180/2857 0772/2857 8801
email hpcc@bom3.vsnl.net.in
wow...the wax is almost 3 times the cost than what we get in the US. Rudra- not sure if you saw my post, i had posted that i can possibly get a few things from the US only for fellow BHP megz lovers
I am expecting a set of things soon....

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 20th December 2009 at 07:08.
mkh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2009, 00:19   #68
Senior - BHPian
 
sohail99's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 1,258
Thanked: 163 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen View Post
For Bangalore:
Contact person: Srikant
Swetadri Associates, No, 10, S.V.K Layout III Stage.
Basaveshwaranagar, Bangalore - 560 079
91-80-232208206.
email srikant@swetadri.com

Bombay importer:
HIGH PERFORMANCE COMPOSITES & COATINGS PVT. LTD
Solaris Complex, Unit No 1, E-61 65-67
Saki Vihar Road, Powai, Andheri(E) 400 072
022 2857 0180/2857 0772/2857 8801
email hpcc@bom3.vsnl.net.in
None for Delhi??

btw Meguiars stuff is top notch! I've used em on my M800 and i20 and they indeed work like a charm!

I just hope I find a dealer here in Delhi!(importing directly is real costly! :( )

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 20th December 2009 at 07:07.
sohail99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2009, 18:26   #69
mkh
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,071
Thanked: 107 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sohail99 View Post
None for Delhi??

btw Meguiars stuff is top notch! I've used em on my M800 and i20 and they indeed work like a charm!

I just hope I find a dealer here in Delhi!(importing directly is real costly! :( )
The website 20north is getting the stuff to you in india for the same cost infact...check it out...
What did you use from Megs? I got started on the UQdetailer that i got just today and will also use the UQ wax this weekend...hope to see the sam fab results as many have...
mkh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2009, 21:51   #70
Senior - BHPian
 
sohail99's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 1,258
Thanked: 163 Times
Default

I had imported their full car care kit a few months back!

It consisted of :-

-Quick interior detailer
-Quick detailer(exterior) (1st bottle to finish! :( )
-Gold Class liquid wax
-Gold Class car shampoo
-Gold class Endurance Tire Gel
-ScratchX 2.0(totally awesome!)
-Plastx(for use on headlight and tail lamp plastics)

Also got a microfiber wash mitt and two mf foam applicators + mf towel with the kit!

Have used them quite a few times and the immediate results after detailing are awesome!!

After detailing, my i20 really turns heads!
and seeing it shine like that brings a great deal of satisfaction to me!

I was also checking out 20north, but their shipping times are insane! ~25 days! and 14 day express shipping is insanely expensive! :(

Last edited by sohail99 : 23rd December 2009 at 21:58.
sohail99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th December 2009, 23:03   #71
mkh
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,071
Thanked: 107 Times
Default meguiar'ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by sohail99 View Post
I had imported their full car care kit a few months back!

It consisted of :-

-Quick interior detailer
-Quick detailer(exterior) (1st bottle to finish! :( )
-Gold Class liquid wax
-Gold Class car shampoo
-Gold class Endurance Tire Gel
-ScratchX 2.0(totally awesome!)
-Plastx(for use on headlight and tail lamp plastics)

Also got a microfiber wash mitt and two mf foam applicators + mf towel with the kit!

Have used them quite a few times and the immediate results after detailing are awesome!!

After detailing, my i20 really turns heads!
and seeing it shine like that brings a great deal of satisfaction to me!

I was also checking out 20north, but their shipping times are insane! ~25 days! and 14 day express shipping is insanely expensive! :(
I got my stuff from the US after a long wait!!!!! So excited to try them out...can you share how did you use ScratchX and for what? I have some minor scratches that i need to remove...
mkh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th December 2009, 23:38   #72
mkh
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,071
Thanked: 107 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkh View Post
Sorry for the multiple post
I forgot to mention that this can happen only in bangalore, as i will not be able to do shipping etc outstation
Secondly, the easiest items to get and most likely to come are
1. NXT gen tech wax paste
2. Ultimate Quick Detailer
3. Ultimate Quick Wax
4. Micro fiber towels
5. Swirlx or Scratch X
6. Clay Bars/ Clay Kit
Reason: These are hard to substitute with anything else in india, the rest have equal or better substitutes so no use of me asking for those..
Hi folks,
I got few things from the US through my friend. I have EXTRA SUPREME SHINE TOWELS X2020 ( set of 3). I have THREE EXTRA packs as i had told two of my friends and both got them.
PM me if you want them- you will have to pick them up from me, i am located in bangalore( indiranagar area). The cost was about 1/3rd the cost what we have to pay in india - almost tempted to put them on a bid

Last edited by mkh : 24th December 2009 at 23:41. Reason: information updated
mkh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2009, 14:42   #73
mkh
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,071
Thanked: 107 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkh View Post
Hi folks,
I got few things from the US through my friend. I have EXTRA SUPREME SHINE TOWELS X2020 ( set of 3). I have THREE EXTRA packs as i had told two of my friends and both got them.
PM me if you want them- you will have to pick them up from me, i am located in bangalore( indiranagar area). The cost was about 1/3rd the cost what we have to pay in india - almost tempted to put them on a bid
Folks i got some extra stuff more with me- MEGUIARS G1001 SMOOTH SURFACE CLAY BAR ( the rest of the extra stuff has been taken by fellow BHP members in a flash)
I have ONE of the above( has 3 clay bars) and the cost is $23.7 which translates into Rs 1150 approx. If anyone needs this please PM me.
mkh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2009, 12:41   #74
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Bengal...ooroo
Posts: 589
Thanked: 140 Times
Default

sorry maybe off topic. On going through lot of posts, i also saw mention of Mother's products. They are available in amazon.com and i can source them from US.

Can gurus tell me whether to get Meg or Mom :-)

I plan to get 3 step product as they call itin their website: Pre-Wax, Sealant and Wax.

Last edited by hyper-VTEC : 31st December 2009 at 12:44. Reason: typos
hyper-VTEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2009, 17:40   #75
BHPian
 
siddvi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 53
Thanked: 41 Times
Default

I have visited Swetadri Associates couple of times to pick up GE glazing sealant they deal with. They did mention the Meguiar's and Turtle wax products but I have been putting off buying those(lack of time to polish). Will probably pick up the microfibre cloth and the mitt when I am there next time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen View Post
For Bangalore:
Contact person: Srikant
Swetadri Associates, No, 10, S.V.K Layout III Stage.
Basaveshwaranagar, Bangalore - 560 079
91-80-232208206.
email srikant@swetadri.com
siddvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Range Rover turns turtle, catches Fire em17 Street Experiences 7 18th July 2012 16:11
My Car Wax Polished with 3M Premium Wax Polish. snaronikar Modifications & Accessories 35 3rd September 2011 18:05
Turtle Wax Platinum Series question johy Technical Stuff 8 9th October 2009 23:24
Meguiars and Turtle Wax availability caliper Modifications & Accessories 5 14th June 2007 17:36
OHC EXI turned turtle next to TBHP Delhi BBQ meet venue suman Street Experiences 0 30th August 2006 10:47


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 01:43.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks