Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 12th February 2008, 04:43   #1
Default Different rear differentials for Maruti Gypsy

I have been looking all over the internet for Gypsy rear differentials and I cannot find anything, are they compatible with suzuki samurai? Can you increase the amount the wheels turn by changing the rear end? Get the truck moving with a higher top end without changing the transmission gears?
mrgizzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2008, 17:56   #2

Gypsy is derived from the samurai, so theoratically, parts from samurai should fit in gypsy. By wheel turn, do you mean wheel revolution? Smaller diameter tyres will obviously give faster wheel revolution, improving pick-up somewhat, at the cost of top-end speed and decreased ground-clearance and vice-versa. Different diameter for rear and front tyres for four wheel drive car is bad idea. Though I'm not sure what you want to achieve.
kaynmantis is offline   Reply With Quote