Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 4th March 2008, 12:45   #31
Senior - BHPian
 
ram_hyundai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Calicut ,trisur
Posts: 2,019
Thanked: 48 Times
Default

Vichu,i am not sure about body kits for the old zen.The old zen looks good even without a body kit.I have seen after market and the original ones for the estilo.the original ones look far better than the other.
One thing which should be kept in mind is that the fixing should be done by a person who knows his job else it would look terrible.
There is a set of pre paint procedures which have to be strictly adhered to elase the look will be not that good.
ram
ram_hyundai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2008, 17:51   #32
Senior - BHPian
 
iTNerd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Imphal/Noida
Posts: 1,069
Thanked: 500 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram_hyundai View Post
Vichu,i am not sure about body kits for the old zen.The old zen looks good even without a body kit.I have seen after market and the original ones for the estilo.the original ones look far better than the other.
One thing which should be kept in mind is that the fixing should be done by a person who knows his job else it would look terrible.
There is a set of pre paint procedures which have to be strictly adhered to elase the look will be not that good.
ram
You are absolutely right on that point! I noticed one accessories shop in Delhi, fitting the after market kit to a SX4 and the way they did it, was plain pathetic.. they fitted the raw kit to the car and then painted over it..and the finish, especially on the edges was so bad..can't describe.. I am sure the owner must have regretted putting them at the first place..

BTW, I fitted the MGA kit to my SX4 today. The dealer had already painted the kit 4-5 days prior and the finish is very professional, IMO.
iTNerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2008, 21:52   #33
Senior - BHPian
 
ram_hyundai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Calicut ,trisur
Posts: 2,019
Thanked: 48 Times
Default

I saw the thread buddie.The pics are doing the pain took from the dealer point.Good job done.Let this be an example in our forum so that people refrain from the after market ones.
ram
ram_hyundai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2008, 08:18   #34
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Chennai
Posts: 80
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTNerd View Post
BTW, I fitted the MGA kit to my SX4 today. The dealer had already painted the kit 4-5 days prior and the finish is very professional, IMO.
Can you please post some photos ? TIA.
sudhirlp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2008, 09:27   #35
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Technocrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Mid West
Posts: 14,900
Thanked: 2,492 Times
Default

Sudhir you can view the pics in iTNerd's gallery
Technocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2008, 18:44   #36
BHPian
 
gopinathann's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 765
Thanked: 20 Times
Default

The skirting definitely improves the look, how much did you spend on skirting ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTNerd View Post
You are absolutely right on that point! I noticed one accessories shop in Delhi, fitting the after market kit to a SX4 and the way they did it, was plain pathetic.. they fitted the raw kit to the car and then painted over it..and the finish, especially on the edges was so bad..can't describe.. I am sure the owner must have regretted putting them at the first place..

BTW, I fitted the MGA kit to my SX4 today. The dealer had already painted the kit 4-5 days prior and the finish is very professional, IMO.
gopinathann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2008, 19:12   #37
Senior - BHPian
 
ram_hyundai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Calicut ,trisur
Posts: 2,019
Thanked: 48 Times
Default

There is a seperate thread on this gopinathanm.I think it was close to 21000 for the entire kit including painting.
ram
ram_hyundai is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
BMW India stops sale of M Peformance Power Kits *EDIT* Power kits are back! Akshay1234 The Indian Car Scene 52 11th September 2017 00:57
MSIL discontinues old swift. EDIT : New Swift LAUNCHED! sidindica The Indian Car Scene 1448 25th September 2011 11:51
Maruti Swift and DZire Have no MSIL Discounts - A Tribute to These Cars anjan_c2007 The Indian Car Scene 29 9th August 2011 16:15
Body kits for Palio air870 Modifications & Accessories 15 21st May 2007 11:32
Skoda RS 1.8 Body Kits and Mods civic93_gen2 Modifications & Accessories 5 22nd December 2004 09:33


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 11:45.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks