Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 4th March 2008, 12:45   #31
Senior - BHPian

Vichu,i am not sure about body kits for the old zen.The old zen looks good even without a body kit.I have seen after market and the original ones for the estilo.the original ones look far better than the other.
One thing which should be kept in mind is that the fixing should be done by a person who knows his job else it would look terrible.
There is a set of pre paint procedures which have to be strictly adhered to elase the look will be not that good.
ram
ram_hyundai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2008, 17:51   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram_hyundai View Post
Vichu,i am not sure about body kits for the old zen.The old zen looks good even without a body kit.I have seen after market and the original ones for the estilo.the original ones look far better than the other.
One thing which should be kept in mind is that the fixing should be done by a person who knows his job else it would look terrible.
There is a set of pre paint procedures which have to be strictly adhered to elase the look will be not that good.
ram
You are absolutely right on that point! I noticed one accessories shop in Delhi, fitting the after market kit to a SX4 and the way they did it, was plain pathetic.. they fitted the raw kit to the car and then painted over it..and the finish, especially on the edges was so bad..can't describe.. I am sure the owner must have regretted putting them at the first place..

BTW, I fitted the MGA kit to my SX4 today. The dealer had already painted the kit 4-5 days prior and the finish is very professional, IMO.
iTNerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2008, 21:52   #33
Senior - BHPian

I saw the thread buddie.The pics are doing the pain took from the dealer point.Good job done.Let this be an example in our forum so that people refrain from the after market ones.
ram
Old 5th March 2008, 08:18   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTNerd View Post
BTW, I fitted the MGA kit to my SX4 today. The dealer had already painted the kit 4-5 days prior and the finish is very professional, IMO.
Can you please post some photos ? TIA.
sudhirlp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2008, 09:27   #35
Distinguished - BHPian

Sudhir you can view the pics in iTNerd's gallery
Technocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2008, 18:44   #36
BHPian

The skirting definitely improves the look, how much did you spend on skirting ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTNerd View Post
You are absolutely right on that point! I noticed one accessories shop in Delhi, fitting the after market kit to a SX4 and the way they did it, was plain pathetic.. they fitted the raw kit to the car and then painted over it..and the finish, especially on the edges was so bad..can't describe.. I am sure the owner must have regretted putting them at the first place..

gopinathann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2008, 19:12   #37
Senior - BHPian

There is a seperate thread on this gopinathanm.I think it was close to 21000 for the entire kit including painting.
ram