Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories


View Poll Results: Whats your experience with the Swift Aftermarket projectors ?
Im running projectors & satisfied as they offer better performance than 100/90 halogen bulbs 15 17.44%
Im running projectors and not satisfied :( 7 8.14%
My friends friends friend has them and they are super cool cos his car looks like a UFO 48 55.81%
I am running HID's in the stock Swift HL assembly as the projectors suck !! 16 18.60%
Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 16th February 2009, 10:46   #196
Senior - BHPian
 
vikram_d's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,380
Thanked: 936 Times
Default

Anil, can you park in front of a wall and take a pic like what LBM has done? That will help you know how much the throw of the lights needs to be adjusted.
vikram_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2009, 17:06   #197
BHPian
 
Zahir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 371
Thanked: 27 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountainheader View Post
noidaboy meant if you are having issues setting up the Angel eyes kit.. or the ballasts for the HIDs.

This is the best setup for Angels. I'll be having 4300K Low and Osram Nightbreakers on High very very soon!
Issues setting up the angel eyes kit with the HIDs. Need more elaboration on how to get this done without cutting wires. Please help
Zahir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2009, 20:17   #198
Senior - BHPian
 
Fountainheader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Silicon Valley
Posts: 1,502
Thanked: 8 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram_d View Post
Anil, can you park in front of a wall and take a pic like what LBM has done? That will help you know how much the throw of the lights needs to be adjusted.
Hi Vikram,
Here's the pic that I took now. Guess its perfect with \_\_

Any idea if I can adjust the reach of the throw ? I mean, I want it throw longer than it is.. then I can do it myself ?
Attached Thumbnails
Swift Aftermarket Projector Headlamps : Reviews needed-angels-7.jpg  

Fountainheader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2009, 20:21   #199
BHPian
 
white_vdi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: new delhi
Posts: 842
Thanked: 17 Times
Default

FH there seems to be just a little difference in the throw. m sure it can be corrected with the adjusting screw in the back of the headlamp.
white_vdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2009, 21:08   #200
Senior - BHPian
 
ImmortalZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 2,133
Thanked: 139 Times
Default

Looking at those output pics, I'm not surprised when people claim aftermarket projectors blind them.
ImmortalZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2009, 23:08   #201
Senior - BHPian
 
Fountainheader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Silicon Valley
Posts: 1,502
Thanked: 8 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalZ View Post
Looking at those output pics, I'm not surprised when people claim aftermarket projectors blind them.
Hmmm. Its on a low beam. And the wall is almost touching the bumper. So I dont think it will actually "blind" someone. It might blind the stray dogs and all

Not that I am trying to defend using the HIDs, but yes I dint go overboard and install HIDs on the high beam. I've 55w Halogens in them.
Fountainheader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2009, 23:14   #202
BHPian
 
white_vdi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: new delhi
Posts: 842
Thanked: 17 Times
Default

anil bhai tried playing with the level on the right beam?
white_vdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2009, 08:34   #203
Senior - BHPian
 
vikram_d's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,380
Thanked: 936 Times
Default

Anil, From this photo there is hardly any difference between the two lights. Also park the 4 - 5 feet away from the wall. You can get the throw adjusted. For the low beam it is a little difficult as the levelling screws are not easily accessible. Find out if anybody has a headlight levelling device in Chennai and get it done by them.
vikram_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2009, 12:44   #204
BHPian
 
white_vdi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: new delhi
Posts: 842
Thanked: 17 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram_d View Post
Anil, From this photo there is hardly any difference between the two lights. Also park the 4 - 5 feet away from the wall. You can get the throw adjusted. For the low beam it is a little difficult as the levelling screws are not easily accessible. Find out if anybody has a headlight levelling device in Chennai and get it done by them.
vikram_d does he have to take out the headlamp to access the low beam adjustment screw? i mean is it a DIY job?
white_vdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2009, 13:44   #205
Senior - BHPian
 
vikram_d's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,380
Thanked: 936 Times
Default

Well it can be a DIY provided you can reach the screws. No you don't have to remove the headlamps from the car.
vikram_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2009, 04:13   #206
BHPian
 
Zahir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 371
Thanked: 27 Times
Default

Hey guys I don't mean to bug you'll with this but I'm just not getting a definitive answer. In order to install the angel eyes kit with hids, do I need to get any wiring cut or is it plain socket plugin work. My installer tells me that a wire will need to be skinned for power. Is there an alternative? Also, does the internal headlight leveling device work with angel eyes as it does with the stock lights? Please let me know cuz I want to get them installed this weekend.
Zahir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2009, 14:45   #207
BHPian
 
noidaboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Noida
Posts: 994
Thanked: 260 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zahir View Post
Hey guys I don't mean to bug you'll with this but I'm just not getting a definitive answer. In order to install the angel eyes kit with hids, do I need to get any wiring cut or is it plain socket plugin work. My installer tells me that a wire will need to be skinned for power. Is there an alternative? Also, does the internal headlight leveling device work with angel eyes as it does with the stock lights? Please let me know cuz I want to get them installed this weekend.

The angel eyes are retro fit and work with your stock holders.No cutting required.

H.I.D's can be powered from the stock holders with out cutting them.
noidaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2009, 16:10   #208
BHPian
 
noidaboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Noida
Posts: 994
Thanked: 260 Times
Default

Here are some PIC'S

The holder that you see fit in with the stock holder from the company harness

Remove the parking bulb and fit in the white jack.

And the screw's (silver colored) you see,Are for the focusing.
Attached Images
    
noidaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2009, 23:23   #209
BHPian
 
joe angelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: trivandrum
Posts: 73
Thanked: Once
Default

i am planning to visit chennai this weekend!! planning to buy these headlamps and HIDs. my friend told that it is cheaper in banglore!! he told it is 8-9k priced there!!
can anybody tell me from where to buy!! cos vitamin M is quite less!!
thanks in advance!
joe angelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2009, 11:36   #210
BHPian
 
Zahir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 371
Thanked: 27 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by noidaboy View Post
Here are some PIC'S

The holder that you see fit in with the stock holder from the company harness

Remove the parking bulb and fit in the white jack.

And the screw's (silver colored) you see,Are for the focusing.
Thanks a lot man. You were of a lotta help
Zahir is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Integrated Head Units - Is this the death of the aftermarket for aftermarket HU's ajmat In-Car Entertainment 44 27th July 2011 16:48
projector headlamps awesome0163 Modifications & Accessories 12 15th June 2009 13:29
Projector Headlamps/ Angel Eyes for Logan ashutoshb Modifications & Accessories 43 18th January 2009 09:20


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 23:29.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks