Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories


View Poll Results: Whats your experience with the Swift Aftermarket projectors ?
Im running projectors & satisfied as they offer better performance than 100/90 halogen bulbs 15 17.44%
Im running projectors and not satisfied :( 7 8.14%
My friends friends friend has them and they are super cool cos his car looks like a UFO 48 55.81%
I am running HID's in the stock Swift HL assembly as the projectors suck !! 16 18.60%
Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 4th October 2010, 11:02   #331
BHPian
 
Mr. Nobody's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: NCR
Posts: 150
Thanked: 7 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by buntydey View Post
@Sagar - Philips does not manufacture 8000K temperature HIDs. They are for sure fake ones. Philips creates only 6000K and 4300K, of which it seems they have discontinued they 4300K one.
outside india philips still sells the 4300k in many varieties . dunno why we are not getting the 4300k ones .
Mr. Nobody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2010, 17:25   #332
Distinguished - BHPian
 
naveen.raju's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Cochin
Posts: 3,740
Thanked: 3,137 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Nobody View Post
outside india philips still sells the 4300k in many varieties . dunno why we are not getting the 4300k ones .
Here's the reason why Philips stopped manufacturing 4300k HID's in India.

Philips HID's cost a lot higher when compared to the other brands. As people here are conscious when it comes to spending money, they wanted something that will stand out. Since 4300k looks like any ordinary bulbs, people naturally started going for 6000k HID's since it's white in color and make people's heads turn. So the demand for 4300k dropped drastically and eventually, people stopped asking for 4300k HID's. So Philips decided to discontinue 4300k HID's. Whereas, people abroad are looking for functionality and not for the "bling" factor. So the demand for 4300k HID's are pretty good outside India. You can still get Philips 4300k HID's in India, but it's very hard. These may be old stock or the ones that they get it from the international dealers.

Cheers.!!
naveen.raju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2010, 18:14   #333
BHPian
 
Mr. Nobody's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: NCR
Posts: 150
Thanked: 7 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Here's the reason why Philips stopped manufacturing 4300k HID's in India.

Philips HID's cost a lot higher when compared to the other brands. As people here are conscious when it comes to spending money, they wanted something that will stand out. Since 4300k looks like any ordinary bulbs, people naturally started going for 6000k HID's since it's white in color and make people's heads turn. So the demand for 4300k dropped drastically and eventually, people stopped asking for 4300k HID's. So Philips decided to discontinue 4300k HID's. Whereas, people abroad are looking for functionality and not for the "bling" factor. So the demand for 4300k HID's are pretty good outside India. You can still get Philips 4300k HID's in India, but it's very hard. These may be old stock or the ones that they get it from the international dealers.
Cheers.!!
are you sure on this ? does the box say made in india or does it have a "imported by .... " sticker . didnt know philips hid available here were manufactured in india only .
Mr. Nobody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2010, 09:30   #334
BHPian
 
sagar iswalkar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: mumbai
Posts: 72
Thanked: 22 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
10K including the HID's?? Is it the same projector headlights that I have ? Wow. Then it's a real bargain.
Thats the thing guys even i am surprised on this so will be checking out personally today. The 10,000 one was told to me by a fb friend from Gwalior. He has got it installed in his swift vdi and is quite happy with the results.

Thanks a lot Mr NOBODY, BUNTYDEY and Mr NAVEEN.RAJU for this precious information. I'll make sure to check the specs and will stay away if they are fake as you mentioned.

Last edited by Jaggu : 27th December 2010 at 18:25. Reason: Back to back post, please EDIT the original post instead. Thanks
sagar iswalkar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2010, 09:54   #335
Distinguished - BHPian
 
naveen.raju's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Cochin
Posts: 3,740
Thanked: 3,137 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Nobody View Post
are you sure on this ? does the box say made in india or does it have a "imported by .... " sticker . didnt know philips hid available here were manufactured in india only .
I havent seen the box personally. This is the info I got from many dealers. They do not manufacture them in India as of now. The box u get from authorized dealers will be genuine, but it's very very hard to find 4300k HID's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagar iswalkar View Post
Thats the thing guys even i am surprised on this so will be checking out personally today. The 10,000 one was told to me by a fb friend from Gwalior. He has got it installed in his swift vdi and is quite happy with the results.
I really doubt on this. Check whether they provide original Philips HID's. Please make sure you check them personally before making the bet. Also, since this projector got a motorized light adjustment, make sure that they work fine. Also, check the change in interval when switching from low to high. They should change in a fraction of a sec and both should have equal intervals.

Last edited by Jaggu : 27th December 2010 at 18:26. Reason: Back to back post, please EDIT the original post instead. Thanks
naveen.raju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2010, 18:08   #336
BHPian
 
Zahir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 371
Thanked: 27 Times
Default Re: Swift Aftermarket Projector Headlamps : Reviews needed

I've blown two of my LED bulbs. I want to know where in mumbai can I get replacement LED bulbs.

Thanks
Zahir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2010, 15:44   #337
BHPian
 
goldsun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 223
Thanked: 3 Times
Default Re: Swift Aftermarket Projector Headlamps : Reviews needed

Can any one tell me who in Chennai sells the projector kit & HIDs for SWIFT? I am looking for upgrading the headlamps for my SWIFT VXi.
goldsun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2013, 13:32   #338
BHPian
 
HimuraKenshin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Mumbai/London
Posts: 246
Thanked: 183 Times
Default Re: Swift Aftermarket Projector Headlamps : Reviews needed

heya!
where can i purchase projector headlight for the swift in mumbai. I have the 2007 model swift, and i am looking for the projector headlights where the low beam is projector and high beam is halogen.
Id be glad if you could tell me where i can purchase them in mumbai and approximate prices.
cheers
HimuraKenshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2013, 13:45   #339
Distinguished - BHPian
 
naveen.raju's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Cochin
Posts: 3,740
Thanked: 3,137 Times
Default Re: Swift Aftermarket Projector Headlamps : Reviews needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by HimuraKenshin View Post
heya!
where can i purchase projector headlight for the swift in mumbai. I have the 2007 model swift, and i am looking for the projector headlights where the low beam is projector and high beam is halogen.
Id be glad if you could tell me where i can purchase them in mumbai and approximate prices.
cheers
This is the outdated model where low beam is projector and the high is halogen. When I bought the newer model 3 years back, they quoted around 9k for the outdated one. I guess you will be able to get one for 7k now. This should be available in all major accessories shops. If not, just let me know. My friend in Mumbai does custom projectors fitments on all cars. He will help you out.
naveen.raju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2016, 12:06   #340
Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Delhi
Posts: 18
Thanked: 4 Times
Default Re: Swift Aftermarket Projector Headlamps : Reviews needed

I saw Sonar Angel Eyes Projector headlight for swift but the dealer is asking for 22k for it with halo bulbs. HID will be extra. I see some where on comments people bought it was around 9k etc. Also, few posted about it but didn't clearly mentioned about the place of procurement and any contact details.

Please suggest
sumantab20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2016, 22:44   #341
Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Delhi
Posts: 18
Thanked: 4 Times
Default Re: Swift Aftermarket Projector Headlamps : Reviews needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zahir View Post
I paid 9500 for the projector setup and 7500 for the bulbs plus 1500 for the high beams. Install was 1000. I did fish around and this seemed to be the best price. It doesn't matter where you get it from, there's only one importer for angel eyes in mumbai.
Does this importer still exists ?
sumantab20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Integrated Head Units - Is this the death of the aftermarket for aftermarket HU's ajmat In-Car Entertainment 44 27th July 2011 16:48
projector headlamps awesome0163 Modifications & Accessories 12 15th June 2009 13:29
Projector Headlamps/ Angel Eyes for Logan ashutoshb Modifications & Accessories 43 18th January 2009 09:20


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 09:47.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks