Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 17th April 2011, 13:16   #286
Senior - BHPian
 
DRIV3R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: India
Posts: 1,654
Thanked: 1,109 Times
Default Re: Price for 3M sunfilm?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rr_zen View Post
6.5k INR for CR 70 for an Alto is atrocious. I paid the same price for my Civic. I get my films installed at home by the technicians that work for the distributor and have never had an issue even once in the last 10 years.
Gansan says he paid 3.7k. Or did you mean Polo instead of Alto?
DRIV3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2011, 13:26   #287
BHPian
 
Sridhar K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Chennai
Posts: 591
Thanked: 192 Times
Default Re: Price for 3M sunfilm?

From speaking to many people, the rate for the windshield is the same irrespective of the car.

Gansan got Garware Icecool shield on his alto and I got the same installed on my manza at my home today. However, the install was not good (bubbles have appeared) and the installer has promised to replace the film tommorrow.
Sridhar K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2011, 13:40   #288
Senior - BHPian
 
rr_zen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Chennai, India
Posts: 1,711
Thanked: 262 Times
Default Re: Price for 3M sunfilm?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIV3R View Post
Gansan says he paid 3.7k. Or did you mean Polo instead of Alto?
I certainly meant an Alto. What Gansan has paid is for Garware and not 3M CR 70 which is what I have referred to in my post.
rr_zen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2011, 14:26   #289
Senior - BHPian
 
Gansan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 3,426
Thanked: 875 Times
Default Re: Price for 3M sunfilm?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rr_zen View Post
6.5k INR for CR 70 for an Alto is atrocious. I paid the same price for my Civic. I get my films installed at home by the technicians that work for the distributor and have never had an issue even once in the last 10 years.
I checked with Balaji and they also quoted 6.5K for Alto. I think the cost will be same for any car as one full roll is taken and cut to the size of the wind shield.
Gansan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2011, 16:24   #290
BHPian
 
bnzjon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Dubai
Posts: 836
Thanked: 124 Times
Default Re: Price for 3M sunfilm?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
I checked with Balaji and they also quoted 6.5K for Alto. I think the cost will be same for any car as one full roll is taken and cut to the size of the wind shield.
Gansan, 6.5 for Alto is definetely on the higher side

I installed CR70 for my Linea TJet during 1st week of March fom Shri Balaji Agencies and i paid Rs. 6000 (after discount). The initial quote over phone was Rs. 6500

At 3M, prices are classified in to 4 - small, medium, large & Extra Large. Alto is under Small category. Manza/ANHC is classified under large & Linea is under extra large along with Laura, Superb, Accord etc which puts it in the highest price bracket.

CR70 price for Honda City/Manza was rs. 500 lesser than Linea's. So, Alto's should be alteast rs. 750 lesser.
bnzjon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2011, 19:29   #291
Senior - BHPian
 
theragingbull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 2,602
Thanked: 611 Times
Default Re: Price for 3M sunfilm?

Here's a pic of the RE50 on my Polo
Attached Thumbnails
Price for 3M sunfilm?-p1010421.jpg  

theragingbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2011, 18:29   #292
BHPian
 
ryan_wheelz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: mumbai
Posts: 139
Thanked: 38 Times
Default Re: Price for 3M sunfilm?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan_wheelz View Post
Got Tint on the Front windshield for My OHC yesterday -
I already had tints for the sides & rear (reflectors , Brand - autographix ) sorry dont have the price , got it free.

Costing
Front windshield - Rs1800
Brand - Garware
It Services the purpose

1)Cooling better ,
2)Since i wear glasses cannot wear Ray Bans 0r goggles so the tint helps -
3)Blocks Glare to some extent from cars which have HID kits - projectors
4)Makes the car look nice too
After Using Front Windshield Tint for a few days (garware)
I would suggest not to install this one , i will post pictures of it,

night visibility is not good at all, even with 100/90 bulbs installed in my car the visibility is not good, very risky to drive with these.

Speed breakers with no paint on them are not visible. i just hit one yesterday
ryan_wheelz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2011, 13:17   #293
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 36
Thanked: 14 Times
Default Re: Price for 3M sunfilm?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan_wheelz View Post
Got Tint on the Front windshield for My OHC yesterday -
I already had tints for the sides & rear (reflectors , Brand - autographix ) sorry dont have the price , got it free.

Costing
Front windshield - Rs1800
Brand - Garware
It Services the purpose

1)Cooling better ,
2)Since i wear glasses cannot wear Ray Bans 0r goggles so the tint helps -
3)Blocks Glare to some extent from cars which have HID kits - projectors
4)Makes the car look nice too
Hi, with regards to wearing glasses with power, There are sun glasses (not the photochromes) that can be customized to include vision correction (poer)

I use one from Lawrence and Mayo and believe its awesome and have done river rafting, gokarting and jetskiing with them on, just wanted to let you know that these options exist. Here is a pic..
Attached Images
 
pranxter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2011, 23:33   #294
BHPian
 
e-katz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 134
Thanked: 19 Times
Default Re: Price for 3M sunfilm?

Quote:
Originally Posted by theragingbull View Post
Here's a pic of the RE50 on my Polo
ragingbull, how much did you pay for your RE50's? They look really cool.
e-katz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2011, 00:05   #295
Senior - BHPian
 
theragingbull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 2,602
Thanked: 611 Times
Default Re: Price for 3M sunfilm?

Quote:
Originally Posted by e-katz View Post
ragingbull, how much did you pay for your RE50's? They look really cool.
Thanks Got it for Rs.3500 with warranty from 3M authorized dealer in Bombay.
theragingbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2011, 11:09   #296
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 23
Thanked: 7 Times
Default Re: Price for 3M sunfilm?

Got a quote of 5.6K for Scorpio (sides and rear RE50) for a dealer in Gurgaon. Is this quote ok or higher?
ukoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2011, 11:47   #297
Senior - BHPian
 
spadix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 1,018
Thanked: 185 Times
Default Re: Price for 3M sunfilm?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukoul View Post
Got a quote of 5.6K for Scorpio (sides and rear RE50) for a dealer in Gurgaon. Is this quote ok or higher?
Seems OK to me, considering that the Scorpio has the sizeable third row of windows as well on the sides.

For most large sedans the RE series costs around 4k to 5.5k (depending on the dealer) for sides and back.

Of course, nothing like it if you can get a few hundred bucks shaved off the quote . Demand for 5 to 5.2k and see what you get.

Regards,
spadix
spadix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2011, 13:28   #298
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 23
Thanked: 7 Times
Default Re: Price for 3M sunfilm?

Thanks spadix, yes I'm gonna bargain hard))
ukoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2011, 18:02   #299
BHPian
 
sheelz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: India
Posts: 114
Thanked: 28 Times
Default Re: Price for 3M sunfilm?

HI Guys

I am planning to install 3M sunfilm in my Tata Safari Gx. The price quoted to me for cr 70(front) + RE 35(rest) is rs 12500/- by the regional distributor of 3M. is the price right. Also the color of my vehicle is black + real earth(side cladding). Will the RE35 be reflective? will it gel with the color? or should I look for a black one? I am more interested in heat rejection and my budget is 6-8 k.


Thanks
sheelz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2011, 18:07   #300
Team-BHP Support
 
Akshay1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 9,759
Thanked: 6,665 Times
Default Re: Price for 3M sunfilm?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheelz View Post
HI Guys

I am planning to install 3M sunfilm in my Tata Safari Gx. The price quoted to me for cr 70(front) + RE 35(rest) is rs 12500/- by the regional distributor of 3M. is the price right. Also the color of my vehicle is black + real earth(side cladding). Will the RE35 be reflective? will it gel with the color? or should I look for a black one? I am more interested in heat rejection and my budget is 6-8 k.


Thanks
Hi the price seems about right. Try and bring him down by 500-1000. The heat rejection compared to the untinted glasses will be ALOT, believe me. Yes the RE35 is slightly reflective and has a greenish tinge. I think it will match well with black. The heat rejection in this is better than anything in its price range.
Akshay1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Front windscreen sunfilm? Samurai Modifications & Accessories 2195 30th October 2017 16:39
Sunfilm - Which is your favourite Colour ? mithun Modifications & Accessories 131 29th June 2013 23:47
Does Cars with stock Tinted Glass need Sunfilm ? mithun Technical Stuff 18 2nd February 2009 14:42
Need Info: Sunfilm/SeatCover/Power Window/Fog Lamp souravbasu Modifications & Accessories 3 3rd April 2006 10:53
Free Sunfilm check at Bangalore till Jan 8th S Pathak Modifications & Accessories 45 15th January 2006 20:05


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 14:47.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks