Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10th September 2011, 20:17   #376
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 72
Thanked: 0 Times
Default Re: Price for 3M sunfilm?

Got the 3M CS-50 for my friends Manza.

Went to the 3M outlet at HSR layout, Bangalore.Price was 4990 for the rear and sides.Disappointing workman ship, think it is always better to go to a JC road outlet than these showrooms.

Incidentally TATA Concorde guys quoted 4000 for the CS-50/RE-50 .

A couple of known showrooms at JC road quoted 3800 - 4200 (without bargain) for the CS and RE series. (50/30).
kingpin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2011, 09:06   #377
BHPian
 
bharatbs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 371
Thanked: 105 Times
Default Re: Price for 3M sunfilm?

Guys, what is the cost of RE35 and RE50 for a Honda City? Is it withink 4K?
bharatbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2011, 12:12   #378
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 48
Thanked: 34 Times
Default Re: Price for 3M sunfilm?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rr_zen View Post
I have known Balaji Agencies ever since they were at G N Chetty road (before moving to the current location). I get it done from an installer who works at 3M himself who has been doing this job for me for the last 8 years or so.

Also, I get my detailing done at my doorstep from a veteran who works for Balaji Agencies.
Hello re_zen,
Am looking to install sun films and also do detailing.,can you please share the number?
Gocool2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2011, 08:55   #379
Senior - BHPian
 
spadix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 1,018
Thanked: 183 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharatbs
Guys, what is the cost of RE35 and RE50 for a Honda City? Is it withink 4K?
Yes, if you bargain well and really hard.

Indian deCars (in Hyderabad) for instance quotes 4k for a Civic/Cruze and this is an un-negotiated quote. Most other shops quote 5 to 5.2k and there's scope for bargaining.

Regards,
spadix
spadix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2011, 15:32   #380
BHPian
 
petroguzzler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Chennai
Posts: 302
Thanked: 62 Times
Default Re: Price for 3M sunfilm?

Which 3M sunfilm would have the reflective type of film as in GTO's Merc?

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...da-motors.html (Exterior Detailing Review : Mazda Motors)

Plz reply bhpians???
petroguzzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2011, 15:39   #381
Team-BHP Support
 
mobike008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 10,005
Thanked: 6,041 Times
Default Re: Price for 3M sunfilm?

Quote:
Originally Posted by petroguzzler View Post
Which 3M sunfilm would have the reflective type of film as in GTO's Merc?

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...da-motors.html (Exterior Detailing Review : Mazda Motors)

Plz reply bhpians???
I have a reflective 3M sunfilm on my Cruze and its called RE-35
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2011, 15:42   #382
BHPian
 
petroguzzler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Chennai
Posts: 302
Thanked: 62 Times
Default Re: Price for 3M sunfilm?

Thanks mobike008. I want a film that has reflective properties but visibility from inside should be of no problem as my dad finds night driving with the sunfilm difficult.
petroguzzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2011, 15:09   #383
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Pune
Posts: 358
Thanked: 112 Times
Default Re: Price for 3M sunfilm?

Quote:
Originally Posted by petroguzzler View Post
Which 3M sunfilm would have the reflective type of film as in GTO's Merc?

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...da-motors.html (Exterior Detailing Review : Mazda Motors)

Plz reply bhpians???
Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
I have a reflective 3M sunfilm on my Cruze and its called RE-35
Are the Reflective sunfilms are permissible from RTO point of view?
iSpoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2011, 12:01   #384
Senior - BHPian
 
spadix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 1,018
Thanked: 183 Times
Default Re: Price for 3M sunfilm?

Quote:
Originally Posted by iSpoke View Post
Are the Reflective sunfilms are permissible from RTO point of view?
RTO usually specifies only VLT limits/cut-offs and to that extent, reflective sun films are no different from others.

However, I wouldn't put it past the cops to cook up regulations on the spot to harass you if they are in the mood to do so.

I would suggest you carry a printed copy of the relevant RTO regulation with you at all times.

@petroguzzler: Reflective sunfilm will not pose any problem with external visibility from inside at night. Focus on the VLT more than on the reflectiveness. RE35 for instance allows only 35% light through, so visibility will be equivalent to that with other 35 VLT films.

Regards,
spadix
spadix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2011, 14:33   #385
Distinguished - BHPian
 
drmohitg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Delhi
Posts: 4,166
Thanked: 2,934 Times
Default Re: Price for 3M sunfilm?

I got quotes from Vkool dealer in Delhi for my Altis. I finally narrowed down to A series which comes under Vkool signature range. The rates quoted ( best price from them) were 13288 for 71% heat rejection on the front windscreen and 60% on the sides and rear. 71% for the front and 41% for the sides and rear will cost me 11419. Are these prices worth paying? This will be the first time I will be paying this much money for sunfilms. Will 3M work out to be cheaper then this? Which one will you guys recommend?
drmohitg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2011, 15:43   #386
Senior - BHPian
 
spadix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 1,018
Thanked: 183 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg
Will 3M work out to be cheaper then this?
Definitely!

Un-negotiated prices for CR70 (front) + RE35/50 (sides and rear) will start south of the V-Kool 71 + 41 quote you got.

In 3M RE there's no difference in price between 35 and 50 VLT film, unlike the difference you've seen between 41 and 60 VLT with V-Kool.

V-Kool is definitely the better product, but the premium over 3M isn't warranted. As it is, as you've noted, ~10k for sun film is a *lot*. Why pay more for a marginal improvement?

Regards,
spadix
spadix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2011, 15:49   #387
Distinguished - BHPian
 
drmohitg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Delhi
Posts: 4,166
Thanked: 2,934 Times
Default Re: Price for 3M sunfilm?

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadix View Post
Un-negotiated prices for CR70 (front) + RE35/50 (sides and rear) will start south of the V-Kool 71 + 41 quote you got.

In 3M RE there's no difference in price between 35 and 50 VLT film, unlike the difference you've seen between 41 and 60 VLT with V-Kool.

V-Kool is definitely the better product, but the premium over 3M isn't warranted. As it is, as you've noted, ~10k for sun film is a *lot*. Why pay more for a marginal improvement?

Regards,
spadix
Even I am not very comfortable shelling out so much money on just sun films. Can you give me a 3m dealer contact detail in Delhi or even gurgaon will do. And which ones will you recommend in 3m range? They also have so many products.

Lastly there will be a considerable difference after putting these expensive films right? Till date we have got those cheap after market tints which I am guessing work only as tints and don't necessarily keep the heat out.
drmohitg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2011, 12:56   #388
Team-BHP Support
 
Akshay1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 9,384
Thanked: 5,229 Times
Default Re: Price for 3M sunfilm?

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Even I am not very comfortable shelling out so much money on just sun films. Can you give me a 3m dealer contact detail in Delhi or even gurgaon will do. And which ones will you recommend in 3m range? They also have so many products.

Lastly there will be a considerable difference after putting these expensive films right? Till date we have got those cheap after market tints which I am guessing work only as tints and don't necessarily keep the heat out.
Just saw this. Get the Vkool films for the side and rear, and for the front get 3M CR70. Thats what I've done on my Accord and what I will do on my 320d.

Total cost should be around 11k then. Getting 3M also on the sides and back will hardly be 500-1k less.
Akshay1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2011, 16:41   #389
Distinguished - BHPian
 
drmohitg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Delhi
Posts: 4,166
Thanked: 2,934 Times
Default Re: Price for 3M sunfilm?

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
Just saw this. Get the Vkool films for the side and rear, and for the front get 3M CR70. Thats what I've done on my Accord and what I will do on my 320d.

Total cost should be around 11k then. Getting 3M also on the sides and back will hardly be 500-1k less.
Vkool front included is costing me 13.2k. The dealer has a nice outlet with professional workers. Isn't it less risky then to get vkool only on all glasses? I didnt come across any 3M dealer in delhi. The local shops are a strict no no. Although I am guessing 3M CR70 will be a top of the line product compared to Vkool basic film.
drmohitg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2011, 16:45   #390
Team-BHP Support
 
Akshay1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 9,384
Thanked: 5,229 Times
Default Re: Price for 3M sunfilm?

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Vkool front included is costing me 13.2k. The dealer has a nice outlet with professional workers. Isn't it less risky then to get vkool only on all glasses? I didnt come across any 3M dealer in delhi. The local shops are a strict no no. Although I am guessing 3M CR70 will be a top of the line product compared to Vkool basic film.
The front film he is giving you is most probably top of the line - Vk70. Since the difference is not that much it makes sense to get Vkool itself. But for me I was quoted 10k itself for the front windscreen and 7k for the sides. Now I think the Altis has more glass area than a 3. Will probably drop by my Vkool dealers office and have a word, seems unfair. When I asked him on the phone why its so expensive for the 3 inspite of it being smaller than my Accord for which I paid 5.5k, he just said the price list says this
Akshay1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Front windscreen sunfilm? Samurai Modifications & Accessories 2116 10th June 2016 17:53
Sunfilm - Which is your favourite Colour ? mithun Modifications & Accessories 131 29th June 2013 23:47
Does Cars with stock Tinted Glass need Sunfilm ? mithun Technical Stuff 18 2nd February 2009 14:42
Need Info: Sunfilm/SeatCover/Power Window/Fog Lamp souravbasu Modifications & Accessories 3 3rd April 2006 10:53
Free Sunfilm check at Bangalore till Jan 8th S Pathak Modifications & Accessories 45 15th January 2006 20:05


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 07:33.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks