Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 27th April 2012, 22:33   #451
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Delhi
Posts: 30
Thanked: 9 Times
Default Re: Price for 3M sunfilm?

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
That is bad. Do push for a replacement if the bubble persists. BTW which film did you opt for finally?
i opted for 3M RE50 for both side and back. None for front.
When he was putting i argued a lot, but there was no use. right now these bubble are quite small.
But sound (like how hard plastic wrapper/sheet rubs with object) is very irritating which comes while making window down or up.

i am planning to write down to 3M to claim for a replacement.
msinghal80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th April 2012, 16:13   #452
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 98
Thanked: 28 Times
Default Re: Price for 3M sunfilm?

Hi Folks,
I was quoted price of 3M Sunfilm- RE50 for Xylo (Side & Rear) at 6000 by Shri Balaji Agencies and 3yrs warranty given. Sounds okay right?

Thanks,
Varun
misguidedmisile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th April 2012, 17:35   #453
BHPian
 
AvinashKeezh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 232
Thanked: 10 Times
Default Re: Price for 3M sunfilm?

I got my Ford Ikon 1.6 Nxt's Front windshield done @ EVO Ulsoor for Rs.6250, including all charges and warranty for the 3M CR70s.

Feeling pretty comfortable with them. No hindrance whatsoever with them on...

Last edited by AvinashKeezh : 30th April 2012 at 17:35. Reason: typo
AvinashKeezh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30th April 2012, 18:19   #454
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Chennai
Posts: 61
Thanked: 6 Times
Default Re: Price for 3M sunfilm?

Quote:
Originally Posted by misguidedmisile View Post
Hi Folks,
I was quoted price of 3M Sunfilm- RE50 for Xylo (Side & Rear) at 6000 by Shri Balaji Agencies and 3yrs warranty given. Sounds okay right?

Thanks,
Varun
Why not go to the 3M store in Nungambakkam? They are well trained and do a very professional job with no chances of any duplicate product or poor workmanship.
Relativity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2012, 15:04   #455
BHPian
 
Sridhar K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Chennai
Posts: 591
Thanked: 192 Times
Default Re: Price for 3M sunfilm?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relativity View Post
Why not go to the 3M store in Nungambakkam? They are well trained and do a very professional job with no chances of any duplicate product or poor workmanship.
Balaji has been one of the authorized dealer for 3M in Chennai until 3M opened its store. Agree with you that 3M store is a better option than Balaji, whose quality is not as good as before.

@misguidedmisile
The rates seems ok for a Xylo but you may stick to 3M store instead.
Sridhar K is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2012, 23:13   #456
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Chennai
Posts: 99
Thanked: 2 Times
Default Re: Price for 3M sunfilm?

I have inquired the price of CR70 for front wind shield (Swift Dzire) and RE50 for sides+rear. The quotes I got are,

At Balaji Agencies: 7750 + 5700 Rs (CR70&RE50)
At 3M Store, Nungambakkam: 7750+ 5750 Rs.
At Maruti Service Masters, Chennai: 7000 +4800 Rs.

At 3M they offer a gift voucher worth of 250 Rs with every CR70 job. The 3M store guys are claiming that they will do the procedure in a special dust proof room. At MSM they claim that they do it in an exclusive room to avoid dust. Not sure whether these two are of same in process and quality. Please advice.

Thanks,

Last edited by ForeRunner : 12th May 2012 at 23:21. Reason: Spelling
ForeRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2012, 23:31   #457
BHPian
 
ms001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: bangalore
Posts: 919
Thanked: 63 Times
Default Re: Price for 3M sunfilm?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeRunner View Post
I have inquired the price of CR70 for front wind shield (Swift Dzire) and RE50 for sides+rear. The quotes I got are,

At Balaji Agencies: 7750 + 5700 Rs (CR70&RE50)
At 3M Store, Nungambakkam: 7750+ 5750 Rs.
At Maruti Service Masters, Chennai: 7000 +4800 Rs.

At 3M they offer a gift voucher worth of 250 Rs with every CR70 job. The 3M store guys are claiming that they will do the procedure in a special dust proof room. At MSM they claim that they do it in an exclusive room to avoid dust. Not sure whether these two are of same in process and quality. Please advice.

Thanks,
i hope you are aware of the recent ban on any kind sun-films by the sc
sun film of any vlt is now allowed .
so please dont waste your money, wait for few more days to get clarity on the issue.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ilms-cars.html (Car tints banned by HC! EDIT: Supreme Court bans all kinds of sunfilms in cars)
ms001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2014, 01:47   #458
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: India
Posts: 610
Thanked: 590 Times
Default Re: Price for 3M sunfilm?

Let's just say that it has been a little longer than a few days that we've been waiting for a change to the ban on sun films.


I drove 165 KMs in Chennai today around 2 PM and just could not bear the heat. I have decided to get the CR 70 film on the windshield and see if that helps. Can it be detected by the cops?
Pedaltothefloor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2014, 21:50   #459
BHPian
 
ishotmydog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Pune
Posts: 594
Thanked: 16 Times
Default Re: Price for 3M sunfilm?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedaltothefloor View Post
Let's just say that it has been a little longer than a few days that we've been waiting for a change to the ban on sun films.


I drove 165 KMs in Chennai today around 2 PM and just could not bear the heat. I have decided to get the CR 70 film on the windshield and see if that helps. Can it be detected by the cops?
I am in the exact same boat. Have waited long enough for clarity on the ban but I too am going to go ahead and get the sunfilm on atleast the front windscreen. Anything better than the CR70 in the market currently?
ishotmydog is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2014, 12:13   #460
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 213
Thanked: 160 Times
Default Re: Price for 3M sunfilm?

With some travels lined up in peak summer, I have decided to get Sun films with maximum transparency.

I got this quote from 3M in Sanjay Nagar for my Fluidic Verna. Is there any other shop in Bangalore where I can get the same films installed cheaper?

CR70 for Front: Rs.7090 + Rs.1028 (VAT @14.5%) = Rs.8118.
RE70 for Sides and Rear: Rs.5390 + Rs.782 (VAT) = Rs.6172.
Total quote is Rs.14,290 with no discounts or offers.
Voyager-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2014, 19:43   #461
BHPian
 
Rollingwheels26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Chennai
Posts: 68
Thanked: 84 Times
Default Re: Price for 3M sunfilm?

I went to 3M to get quotes for Brio. I was given the following-

Sunfilm-

CR70 Front windshield: Rs. 7660/-
CR70 4 windows (excluding rear windshield) Rs. 10832/-
RE 70 4 Windows (excluding rear windshield) Rs 3885/-


PPF (paint protection film)-

Cost for Front and Rear Bumper , Mirrors, Door handles (approximate 35sq ft according to salesperson) is 18620


3M Nomad mats-

Area is 20 sqft (according to salesperson): Rs. 5550/-


Anybody else can provide hints if the pricing is fine ?
Rollingwheels26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2014, 15:30   #462
Distinguished - BHPian
 
mpksuhas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: KA03/KL11
Posts: 2,708
Thanked: 3,283 Times
Default Re: Price for 3M sunfilm?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollingwheels26 View Post
Anybody else can provide hints if the pricing is fine ?
Though I am not sure about the exact rates, the rate quoted by you looks on higher side.
Here in Bangalore my friend got 3 M mats for his swift done at 4.6 K last month.
mpksuhas is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2014, 15:47   #463
BHPian
 
Rollingwheels26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Chennai
Posts: 68
Thanked: 84 Times
Default Re: Price for 3M sunfilm?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Though I am not sure about the exact rates, the rate quoted by you looks on higher side.
Here in Bangalore my friend got 3 M mats for his swift done at 4.6 K last month.
Thanks for the info. But was it including Tax ? And also they said that i will get 10% off if i get 3 products so the final price would be 5k roughly.
Rollingwheels26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2014, 17:08   #464
Distinguished - BHPian
 
mpksuhas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: KA03/KL11
Posts: 2,708
Thanked: 3,283 Times
Default Re: Price for 3M sunfilm?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollingwheels26 View Post
But was it including Tax ?
Yes, this was the final amount paid. It was the only item purchased, so no additional discounts were given.
mpksuhas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2014, 12:25   #465
BHPian
 
Rollingwheels26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Chennai
Posts: 68
Thanked: 84 Times
Default Re: Price for 3M sunfilm?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Yes, this was the final amount paid. It was the only item purchased, so no additional discounts were given.
Ok thanks. I will be getting everything done by day after and will post the final prices here for everyone to compare !
Rollingwheels26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Front windscreen sunfilm? Samurai Modifications & Accessories 2195 30th October 2017 16:39
Sunfilm - Which is your favourite Colour ? mithun Modifications & Accessories 131 29th June 2013 23:47
Does Cars with stock Tinted Glass need Sunfilm ? mithun Technical Stuff 18 2nd February 2009 14:42
Need Info: Sunfilm/SeatCover/Power Window/Fog Lamp souravbasu Modifications & Accessories 3 3rd April 2006 10:53
Free Sunfilm check at Bangalore till Jan 8th S Pathak Modifications & Accessories 45 15th January 2006 20:05


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 18:14.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks