Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 4th March 2008, 19:05   #1
Senior - BHPian
 
iTNerd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Imphal/Noida
Posts: 1,069
Thanked: 500 Times
Default SX4 with MGA body kit (skirts & spoiler)

It has been quite some time, that I had been looking around for a decent body kit for my car. My initial intention was to save money and go for after market kit available. But so far, I have been disappointed with the quality of the kit as well as the horrid paint job. I also got to see few cars with after market body kit, which within 3-4 months, gotten various scratches, uneven paint and cracks and these further put me off from going for one. Finally, after enquiring around from various places, i got a decent deal on a MGA ABS body kit from my dealer (around 5-6k difference from similar after market kit). They painted the kits 4 days prior and today, got my car suited up. The 3 hours time had been an experience, seeing transformation of my 'normal' car into a 'mean' machine (aesthetically ) Let the pictures do that talking..











Please suggest a good muffler tip that will go with the rear skirting!Comments most welcome!

Last edited by iTNerd : 4th March 2008 at 19:09.
iTNerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2008, 19:12   #2
Team-BHP Support
 
Akshay1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 9,762
Thanked: 6,670 Times
Default

looks real nice. the side skirt seems a little brighter than the rest. get a remus endcan.
Akshay1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2008, 20:38   #3
Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Cochin
Posts: 5
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTNerd View Post
It has been quite some time, that I had been looking around for a decent body kit for my car. My initial intention was to save money and go for after market kit available. But so far, I have been disappointed with the quality of the kit as well as the horrid paint job. I also got to see few cars with after market body kit, which within 3-4 months, gotten various scratches, uneven paint and cracks and these further put me off from going for one. Finally, after enquiring around from various places, i got a decent deal on a MGA ABS body kit from my dealer (around 5-6k difference from similar after market kit). They painted the kits 4 days prior and today, got my car suited up. The 3 hours time had been an experience, seeing transformation of my 'normal' car into a 'mean' machine (aesthetically )
Looks nice. How much did it cost altogether? My dealer quoted 30k for the entire thing.
anil.mats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2008, 21:03   #4
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Sahil's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Bombay
Posts: 5,202
Thanked: 2,094 Times
Default

That lip spoiler looks ammmmmazing!
Sahil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2008, 21:30   #5
Senior - BHPian
 
itwasntme's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: BANGALORE
Posts: 2,273
Thanked: 1,338 Times
Default

Looks great! How much did it cost?

What's the ground clearance now? From the snaps, it looks like the front is most at risk followed by the side skirtings and lastly the rear :-)
itwasntme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2008, 21:50   #6
Senior - BHPian
 
ram_hyundai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Calicut ,trisur
Posts: 2,019
Thanked: 48 Times
Default

At last you got it buddie.I am happy that you went for the mga ones.Looks nice and go for a remus or an automech end can.What is the price that you gave for it finally.
ram
ram_hyundai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2008, 22:32   #7
Senior - BHPian
 
iTNerd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Imphal/Noida
Posts: 1,069
Thanked: 500 Times
Default

Quote:
looks real nice. the side skirt seems a little brighter than the rest. get a remus endcan.
Thanks buddy.. Yes, evidently from the picture. But they seems to match in person! Might be possible the car color has faded in the 9 months of ownership...

Quote:
That lip spoiler looks ammmmmazing!
That's one of my favorite too!


Quote:
Looks nice. How much did it cost altogether? My dealer quoted 30k for the entire thing.
Quote:
Looks great! How much did it cost?
I got it for 20K including painting. Even I got quoted 30K, 25K from 3-4 dealers.. but its kinda funny, I pitted fictitous offer from a dealer to another, and was able to bring down to 20K. An after market kit which I enquired cost around 14K and that too without the lip spoiler.. so played safe with the MGA kit.

Quote:
What's the ground clearance now? From the snaps, it looks like the front is most at risk followed by the side skirtings and lastly the rear :-)
That's my next worry! From the looks of it, it seems a decent clearance. I used to throw the car on the few zig-zag, patholes ridden road in Delhi and around carelessly without much worry, but now I guess have to be extra careful.. But overall, the roads are pretty much good, so should be OK most of the time.. Will measure the actual clearance soon..

Quote:
At last you got it buddie.I am happy that you went for the mga ones.Looks nice and go for a remus or an automech end can.What is the price that you gave for it finally.
Thanks buddy. Yeah, indeed. Glad that I went for MGA. At least, I can come to term with the premium amount paid for the durability, ABS tag and finish. The skirts feel really rigid, and all this time, I sensed something was missing in my car. I guess, it was the skirts.. No Angelina Jolie, but this one below:



Quote:
...go for a remus or an automech end can....
BTW, how much does it cost approx.?

Last edited by iTNerd : 4th March 2008 at 22:41.
iTNerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2008, 22:42   #8
BHPian
 
rranjith_kum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Coimbatore/ Aachen
Posts: 693
Thanked: 17 Times
Default

awesome man ....for tip why don't you try looking at something like this
http://us.st11.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.c..._1991_74587005
rranjith_kum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2008, 00:26   #9
Senior - BHPian
 
jesal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 2,322
Thanked: 5 Times
Default

those 16 inch look puny i feel time for a upsize
jesal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2008, 01:38   #10
BANNED
 
hellspawn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: noida
Posts: 1,686
Thanked: 6 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (10)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesal View Post
those 16 inch look puny i feel time for a upsize
I was about to say the same thing...the car needs 18" rims atleast.

@itnerd:the car looks awesome....but just be careful on speedbreakers because when the car is fully loaded,the rear skirt has a very high probability of grounding when you get off the speedbreaker.
Can you please tell me the dealer where you got it from...even im considering it since it looks awesome and the quality is good as well.
And again the car looks brilliant
hellspawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2008, 09:10   #11
Team-BHP Support
 
Akshay1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 9,762
Thanked: 6,670 Times
Default

Quote:
BTW, how much does it cost approx.?
remus can cost anything between 6-14k.
Akshay1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2008, 11:08   #12
BHPian
 
mansidea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 238
Thanked: Once
Default

This looks cool from the rear-side view. an upsize wheels & tyres will add to the sporty look.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
looks real nice. the side skirt seems a little brighter than the rest.
I do agree here. but is it due to the lighting of that pic?
mansidea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2008, 11:09   #13
Senior - BHPian
 
ram_hyundai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Calicut ,trisur
Posts: 2,019
Thanked: 48 Times
Default

The reason why different dealers quoted different price is that earlier the kit came from suzuki which was costly.The dealers would be having the older kits in stock.
The one you got is from ntf-same quality and finish at affordable price.Now ntf is the OE supplier for MSIL.All the cars at MSIL display at the auto show was done up by ntf-Almost 20 cars.
ram
ram_hyundai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2008, 11:14   #14
Senior - BHPian
 
iTNerd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Imphal/Noida
Posts: 1,069
Thanked: 500 Times
Default

Quote:
those 16 inch look puny i feel time for a upsize
Quote:
I was about to say the same thing...the car needs 18" rims atleast
While that's very visible.. 17" will be a good compromise.. But not in a position now to shell out 40-50K for new rims and tyres.. Not at least for a year!

Quote:
@itnerd:the car looks awesome....but just be careful on speedbreakers because when the car is fully loaded,the rear skirt has a very high probability of grounding when you get off the speedbreaker.
Can you please tell me the dealer where you got it from...even im considering it since it looks awesome and the quality is good as well.
And again the car looks brilliant
Thanks. having a careful drive since kitting up.. but the GC is still good enough, IMO and the rear has the most of it. I got it from my own dealer, RANA motors @Bhikaji cama place. If you need a contact, PM me.
iTNerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2008, 11:16   #15
Team-BHP Support
 
theMAG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 7,035
Thanked: 1,472 Times
Default

Lovely kit. You'll also have a smile on your face for a long time due to their quality.
theMAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Lousy installation of MGA roof spoiler by Popular Killipalam (Maruti dealer) Sankar Modifications & Accessories 11 18th September 2014 19:19
Which Body Cover for my Swift? EDIT : Bought MGA Tyvex lambuhere1 Technical Stuff 15 27th July 2009 11:31
SX4 Spoiler Kit loving_alaap Modifications & Accessories 1 28th September 2007 19:46
Aluminium Spoiler or Body Colored Spoiler v.tec Shifting gears 3 9th March 2006 13:24
Skirts and under body neon lights needed normally_crazy Shifting gears 22 24th March 2005 07:14


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 17:28.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks