Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 4th March 2008, 23:25   #1
BHPian

Default preparing my car for delhi traffic (suggest some good Maruti service stations please)

hi,
I am in process of moving to gurgaon from sikkim.sikkim as some of you may be knowing is the exact opposite of delhi in terms of driving culture.for eg. honking is very rude in sikkim and night time honking is absolute no no.

i need suggestions for some place to fit a pair of nice loud horns, and also some place to buy the horns.
plus i absolutely hate scratches, so ll be needing a service station recommendation.plz keep this in mind i hate scratches so much that i hv absolutely no scratches , not even swirl marks on my1 yr old car car,as i wash the car myself, so most probably i ll be needing a recommendation for a painter.
and on top that some place to buya regular supply of tyre shiner,dashboard polosh etc etc.

regards
abhijeet

MODS:I wasnt exactly sure about the section to put in so if in wrong section, i apologize, kindly do the needful.

Last edited by dr.abhijeet : 4th March 2008 at 23:28.
dr.abhijeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2008, 11:19   #2
Senior - BHPian

You will get after market horns and other parts in Karol Bagh, which is around 2 kms from New Delhi Railway station.
As far as service centres are concerned, I'm not sure. Delhiites can answer you better.
If it's traffic you are worried about, then I have a suggestion...just point your car in the direction you want to go, and keep going
vnabhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2008, 13:55   #3
Senior - BHPian

For power horns you can buy Bosch horns from Gurgaon.and please be responsible while buying a horn.

and gurgaon has lot of dealers of Maruti i.e. Apra,Vipul,competent,pasco etc .

out of these all,Apra seems to be the right choice.
simply_sunny001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2008, 13:59   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by simply_sunny001 View Post

out of these all,Apra seems to be the right choice.
You gotta be kidding me about apra being the right choice. I have had my car serviced twice, and I have had to go back to them within 3 days of each service with complaints to be rectified.

I suggest you look for a local garage who'll treat your car like you treat her. All the big service stations are just interested in getting more cars into their garage than providing quality service.
krazydriver84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2008, 14:23   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazydriver84 View Post
You gotta be kidding me about apra being the right choice. I have had my car serviced twice, and I have had to go back to them within 3 days of each service with complaints to be rectified.

you might have had bad experiences i must say.

on the contrary i suggested on basis of good experiences i had for over the years
Old 5th March 2008, 14:26   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by simply_sunny001 View Post
you might have had bad experiences i must say.

on the contrary i suggested on basis of good experiences i had for over the years
Hey Sunny, If you don't mind my asking, which service advisor do you give your car to?
krazydriver84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2008, 14:38   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazydriver84 View Post
Hey Sunny, If you don't mind my asking, which service advisor do you give your car to?
Jagdish Rathi,Mr. Rana(forgot the ist name),and Dara Singh
Old 5th March 2008, 14:53   #8
Senior - BHPian

Guys, I presume that you are referring to different Apra workshops here - Sandeep in Noida & KD in Gurgaon? Doesn't make sense comparing service advisor names does it.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.abhijeet View Post
i need suggestions for some place to fit a pair of nice loud horns, and also some place to buy the horns.
plus i ll be needing a recommendation for a painter.
and on top that some place to buya regular supply of tyre shiner,dashboard polosh etc etc.
Doc, sounds like you need to PM our august member GD1418 - he normally has an array of horns & blinding lights on his Black Scorpio, apart from Green Filters, GPS, Water bed , Coke dispenser etc. He would be able to guide you better on your purchases.

On a more serious note, Welcome to Gurgaon, let us know when you hit town, we will organize a proper meet & greet service for youcheers:. I think you have my Mobile number (remember the stickers?) already so don't hesitate to call if you need any help settling in........

Last edited by suman : 5th March 2008 at 14:58.
suman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2008, 14:58   #9
Senior - BHPian

Get a pair of Dual Tone horns by ( Bosch or Hella ). Simply ask for a Skoda Horn and the car shoppe will be glad to oblige ( Price around 500 rs )

I have these in all my cars.

A good mechanic to repair small scratches and dents can be found all over Delhi.

My personal favourite is the one at the gas station in Vasant Vihar ( Moolchand Hyundai Motors ). Very nice guy ( Mama ) and does everything at a very reasonable price. I have known him for last 15 years. Same place where the Hummers & Rovers are parked.
vkochar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2008, 16:44   #10
Senior - BHPian

I would recommend Service Master at okhla. Though it might be far from your place i.e. gurgaon but still worth it, as it is owned and controlled by Maruti directly. So you will have a better service and spares availability any day over any other maruti service center.

Cheers
ashthedivx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2008, 17:10   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
Guys, I presume that you are referring to different A

On a more serious note, Welcome to Gurgaon, let us know when you hit town, we will organize a proper meet & greet service for youcheers:. I think you have my Mobile number (remember the stickers?) already so don't hesitate to call if you need any help settling in........
yes sir, i hv your no., as a matter of fact i hv already landed here, in process of settling, waiting for my car to arrive.

btw, howz the maruti owned workshop in naraina, have heard good things about it, but not a single first hand experience of some one.

regards
abhijeet
Old 6th March 2008, 09:34   #12
Senior - BHPian

Doc,

Don't you think you are asking for too much? And painting the Northerners with a black brush as far as driving culture is concerned? Sad for us, but you are right. There is a major lack of civic sense amongst the road users here.

The vehicle density in your beautiful State is far far less than what it is here. I doubt if at all your beau stays without scratches. BTW, what car you own?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.abhijeet View Post
hi,
I am in process of moving to gurgaon from sikkim.sikkim as some of you may be knowing is the exact opposite of delhi in terms of driving culture.for eg. honking is very rude in sikkim and night time honking is absolute no no.

plus i absolutely hate scratches, so ll be needing a service station recommendation.plz keep this in mind i hate scratches so much that i hv absolutely no scratches , not even swirl marks on my1 yr old car car,as i wash the car myself, so most probably i ll be needing a recommendation for a painter.

regards
abhijeet
gd1418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2008, 09:39   #13
Senior - BHPian

So, it was you. No wonder that I was and am getting messages from a lot of PYTs to jump into the Water bed in my Scorpio..

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
Doc, sounds like you need to PM our august member GD1418 - he normally has an array of horns & blinding lights on his Black Scorpio, apart from Green Filters, GPS, Water bed , Coke dispenser etc. He would be able to guide you better on your purchases.
gd1418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2008, 10:26   #14
BHPian

@gd sir, i think u hv got wrong, i m not from sikkim , i am just moving here after staying there for 7yrs.
I m from ranchi, jharkhand.

and sir, i am hell bent on keeping without scratches, no matter what it takes..(obsessive)

and every1 else. a decent maruti service station recommendation please!!!

Last edited by dr.abhijeet : 6th March 2008 at 10:29.
Old 6th March 2008, 11:06   #15
Senior - BHPian

First thing First, you do not have to prepare your car but prepare yourself for delhi traffic. Patience is the name of the game, you loose it you loose alot. Powerful horns, powerful lights will just decrease your patience and If you still hell bent to change, I will recommend some good sounding horn, like one from Bosch or FIAMM.

So nothing need to be changed in your car other than regular service, which is anyway required anywhere.

And for the scratches, not matter how careful you will be, you bound to get those. Sometimes even when its parked.

In Gurgaon, I found APRA motors pretty ok. Supervisors are helpful. I get my M800 serviced from them. There is one PASCO but I have no experience with them.

Last edited by rkbharat : 6th March 2008 at 11:10.
rkbharat is offline   Reply With Quote