Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10th January 2013, 10:55   #31
BHPian

Default Re: Driver Side Seat Belt Lock - Zen

There should be a lot of aftermarket places where you should be able to buy this.

There should be shops in the market, which can give you MGP cheaper than what the maruti service centers sell it. If they say, you have to buy complete set, look at another shop. I know in Bangalore, there are a lot of such shops around J.C.Road.

Worst case, is there a possibility of removing the lock from (say) the rear center seat-belt and fit it here (assuming there are no occupants who use seat belt in the rear bench)? This should solve the problem temporarily.

OT: Is this lock getting spoilt a common thing? You say this has happened earlier too!
My Zen is 7+ years old, with regular seat belt usage and it has not spoilt yet(touchwood!)
vasanthn21 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10th January 2013, 10:57   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

Go to opera house. You'll get it any of the maruti parts supplier shop.
Tejas@perioimpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2013, 11:57   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

Finding a seatbelt lock should be easy. As 'the lock' is almost similar for similar cars. You should be able to source it from outside.
dhanushs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2013, 12:24   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
Hello All,

The driver side seat belt locking mechanism of my zen has failed. Hence, I cannot put the seat belt (unless there's no co-passenger and I use that lock). Last time i had got this changed from Spectra (for Co-driver) but they don't have it it stock. Some other service center want to loot me and say that I'll have to buy it for all the 5 seats as that its how it is sold my Maruti now (I don't believe them on this).

Where can i get it readily? I am travelling out of town tomorrow and need to fix it by EOD today.

Thanks!
Pleasant surprise seeing this thread today morning! I was fighting my lazyness to type this out since morning.

I'm also facing this issue on my Zen since last week though in my case, it held if I tried a couple of times and would remain locked till I pressed the release button. Got the same response yesterday from my FNG that it comes as an entire set of 5 seatbelts and my. It worked for him when he tried!

Is the buckle shape/size same across all cars? The quality of the seat belt material in my Zen is much better than what I find on the Swifts. Given a choice, I prefer to change only the lock buckle and retain the existing belt even if I need to buy the entire set of 5. Would that be possible?

Any idea where I might be able to get just the lock in Kerala and the approx cost?

Also, any idea on the cost for the entire set of 5 from MGP?
zenren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2013, 13:02   #35
BHPian

Maruti *** dealers will offer this as a single piece as well.
Contact some more *** over the phone and check.
This may not be a stocked item at most, so you may want to look for a MSM center too.
latentpotential is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2013, 00:05   #36
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Seat belt mechanism replacement

Thank you all; apparently mine got rusted due to water seepage in the cabin. I checked a few shops in Navi Mumbai today but couldn't get it; Will try Autozone and will then head to South Mumbai on Monday. For now; I am going to buckle up using the co-passenger lock and send wifey behind.
amtak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2013, 06:49   #37
Senior - BHPian

The belt in my Alto will not retrace back if not manually helped,and the loose belt get in between the door while closing. Of late this is a problem when leaving the car in a hurry. Any solution?
rajeev k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2013, 18:04   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
The driver side seat belt locking mechanism of my zen has failed. Hence, I cannot put the seat belt (unless there's no co-passenger and I use that lock).
Quote:
Originally Posted by zenren View Post
I'm also facing this issue on my Zen since last week though in my case, it held if I tried a couple of times and would remain locked till I pressed the release button.
Update: I tried a little DIY as a last resort before going with the replacement by putting a little oil into the buckle lock mechanism and it seems to have worked in my case. Haven't faced the problem in the last 2 weeks.

amtak,
Did you change the lock? How much did it cost?
zenren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2013, 18:21   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenren View Post
Update: I tried a little DIY as a last resort before going with the replacement by putting a little oil into the buckle lock mechanism and it seems to have worked in my case. Haven't faced the problem in the last 2 weeks.
I Would recommend that you try spraying with silicone lube, not oil
filcord is online now   Reply With Quote