Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 14th March 2008, 15:55   #1
BHPian

Smile Mildly Modded 800 5 speed

Hi
Please check out the pics and give a feedback..it has 92000 kms on the clock kitted with Free flow, K & N Filter , HID's , Alloys & Mild ICE..Runs on Shell synthetic since the day it was bought..tops at 145km/h...daily driver...

Mridul
Attached Thumbnails
Mildly Modded 800 5 speed-front.jpg  

Mildly Modded 800 5 speed-headers.jpg  

Mildly Modded 800 5 speed-hid.jpg  

Mildly Modded 800 5 speed-ice.jpg  

Mildly Modded 800 5 speed-interiors.jpg  

Mildly Modded 800 5 speed-kn.jpg  

Mildly Modded 800 5 speed-profile.jpg  

Mildly Modded 800 5 speed-side.jpg  

mridul is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2008, 19:04   #2
Senior - BHPian

Looks wonderful. Love the clean white look. Good that you havent gone overboard on the exterior mod's.

No offence but the wooden steering and gear knob doesn't gel with the car. Looks very contrasting. Why not buy a sports steering (black)?

145k's on a M800 is not very safe mate. Get the brakes upgraded (there is a thread on this).

Going by the headlights i figure this is a post 2003 model mpfi right? More info on HID's please.

drive safe mridul.

Edit : Since you are in Chennai, try and join the chennai folks for the mahab's meet. I'm sure your car will gather lots of attention.

Last edited by n_aditya : 14th March 2008 at 19:07.
n_aditya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2008, 19:28   #3
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Hi Mridul, nicely done, especially the rims.

I get a warm, fuzzy, feeling whenever I see the 800's block, it's just so tiny & cute !

Can I ask where you got your 3-cylinder tach ? I know Pricol used to make them, but not sure if they're still available...

And, what's the sinister "device" on the strut tower, beside the air-filter ?
im_srini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2008, 19:52   #4
BHPian

Well maintained and very well modded car. Car doesn't look like it has done 92k kms.
Like n_aditya said, change the steering and the gear-knob.
Isn't the filter placed too close to the engine, sucking in hot air?? I don't remember the stock air pipe position, so asking...
hyper123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2008, 20:12   #5
Senior - BHPian

Nice ride..

Lose the Black fuel lid and paint / sticker the doors (below the black side moulding only) to black.. it will look good

Goddy
Godfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2008, 22:33   #6
BHPian

Thanks for the advice...on the steering..I ve spares one's too...145K is tops I ve done it twice..stick to 100-120 on highway...Married man u c...Brakes would be upgraded shortly to a booster unit with larger rotors...that after I get my second car...this is going for complete paint job...Model is 2001 with lights recently replaced..Steering I cant change cos wife's likes it..U know woman..Anyway

HID's I picked it up in Dubai when I was on work..its a Hella single beam HID...

Good luck

Mridul

Note from Mod : Please take the time to type out your posts in full words as per Team-BHP rules. Avoid the use of SMS language (any1 = anyone, dat = that, etc), and please take the time to re-read your post for typos before submitting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
Looks wonderful. Love the clean white look. Good that you havent gone overboard on the exterior mod's.

No offence but the wooden steering and gear knob doesn't gel with the car. Looks very contrasting. Why not buy a sports steering (black)?

145k's on a M800 is not very safe mate. Get the brakes upgraded (there is a thread on this).

Going by the headlights i figure this is a post 2003 model mpfi right? More info on HID's please.

drive safe mridul.

Edit : Since you are in Chennai, try and join the chennai folks for the mahab's meet. I'm sure your car will gather lots of attention.

Last edited by Rehaan : 15th March 2008 at 08:20. Reason: Please see note in post.
mridul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2008, 22:36   #7
BHPian

Thanks for your quote..On the strut tower its the HID burner unit for the Xenon's which I have installed...the Tacho is Auto Gauge..Rims are Protech from Malaysia painted White to give the rallye look....I love rims in white...Shortly I would be getting a Swift with white rims on it...

Happy Motoring...

Quote:
Originally Posted by im_srini View Post
Hi Mridul, nicely done, especially the rims.

I get a warm, fuzzy, feeling whenever I see the 800's block, it's just so tiny & cute !

Can I ask where you got your 3-cylinder tach ? I know Pricol used to make them, but not sure if they're still available...

And, what's the sinister "device" on the strut tower, beside the air-filter ?
Old 14th March 2008, 22:50   #8

Hey mridul. I must say. Great job done.

Last edited by Aficionado : 14th March 2008 at 22:55.
Aficionado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2008, 22:57   #9
Team-BHP Support

looks very nice. please convince your wife and get a nice steering. its really spoiling your car.
Akshay1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2008, 22:59   #10
Senior - BHPian

Great work dude! Really loved the rims! But pls change the wooden steering and gear knob. Does not gel with the rest og the car at all. Try a carbon fibre effect if u can find it.
JayD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2008, 01:05   #11
BHPian

Where did you procure the piping hose for the air intake or is it stock? Wouldn't the filter be sucking in hot air from the headers especially since they don't have a heat shield? Nice car overall. Me likes
rohan_fonseca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2008, 02:02   #12
BHPian

hey .. really nice work on the car. you have done a neat job. if possible you can get the bumpers so as to go with the body color and even the door beadings and door handles as well. your filter looks a bit out of shape at places. check if your hood is touching it at some points on the filter when you close it. you might need to make a few small adjustments so as to make it fit right without causing any further damage to your K&N filter. very nice rims man. looks great in white! and could you do something about the Ferrari sticker on your front faring.. like get rid of it. its .. how do i put it .. wel .. " inappropriate" ! yea and the interiors are sweet with the nice tacho and stuff but you really could do without the wooden steering and gear knob as everyone has been pointing out to you
A S H V I N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2008, 10:34   #13
BHPian

Default Please use EDIT / MULTI-QUOTE.

Note from Mod : Please take the time to type out your posts in full words as per Team-BHP rules. Avoid the use of SMS language (any1 = anyone, dat = that, etc), and please take the time to re-read your post for typos before submitting.

Thanks for your note..I would be getting all decals off the car as I would be sending it to paint..The reason why the filter looks a bit out of shape it due to fact that once while washing the car I had covered it with plastic cover to avoid water getting in...The guy in the service station started the car and filter got a crumpled unfortunately... yet it works fine...no problems..I checked it up with Kumar of Methods too he said there's nothing to worry...The reason I did not go for the body colour on bumpers is traffic and people keep nudging it..SO ITS OBVIOUS..Yes door handles I would paint them..STEERING IS GOING OFF...MAJORITY WINS...

Quote:
Originally Posted by A S H V I N View Post
hey .. really nice work on the car. you have done a neat job. if possible you can get the bumpers so as to go with the body color and even the door beadings and door handles as well. your filter looks a bit out of shape at places. check if your hood is touching it at some points on the filter when you close it. you might need to make a few small adjustments so as to make it fit right without causing any further damage to your K&N filter. very nice rims man. looks great in white! and could you do something about the Ferrari sticker on your front faring.. like get rid of it. its .. how do i put it .. wel .. " inappropriate" ! yea and the interiors are sweet with the nice tacho and stuff but you really could do without the wooden steering and gear knob as everyone has been pointing out to you
Piping hose is custom made...Overall its a small engine bay and the headers are in direct contact with air flowing into the engine compartment from the grill..There's never been a problem...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_fonseca View Post
Where did you procure the piping hose for the air intake or is it stock? Wouldn't the filter be sucking in hot air from the headers especially since they don't have a heat shield? Nice car overall. Me likes
Thanks..would be upgrading too with a new coat of paint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aficionado View Post
Hey mridul. I must say. Great job done.
I m changing in a couple of days..Thanks for the feedback..

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
looks very nice. please convince your wife and get a nice steering. its really spoiling your car.

Last edited by aah78 : 19th August 2008 at 23:07.
Old 15th March 2008, 11:12   #14
BHPian

Default My 1993 Suzuki Pics

Hi
With the feedback on the car is valuable, please do give me a feedback on my 1993 Suzuki Samurai..Stock body with Disc's,Free Flow,Rear Nitro Shocks, K&N & running on Shell Synthetic..Bored out to 110 CC tops at 125Km/H...Nowadays lying idle and used for visits to local store..Running on 18" in Front & 16" at back..Painted white..Shortly changing the front forks & wheels of the Pulsar ...

Cheers

Mridul
Attached Thumbnails
Mildly Modded 800 5 speed-suzuki-profile.jpg  

Attached Images

mridul is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2008, 11:43   #15
Senior - BHPian

great car man. where did u get your exhaust system from? 145 kmph is too much for 800. i have tried 130-140 on my alto. which make are those tachos. i too want to get them for my alto. we share same engine.
amit_mechengg is offline   Reply With Quote