Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 25th March 2008, 18:55   #16
Senior - BHPian

No Spad, you were not the only one...

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadival View Post
OT: Is it just me who got wierd ideas when I read the thread title - "Accessories" in Bangkok?
gd1418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2008, 00:43   #17
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0uljah View Post
Interesting, are those 3 HID conversion kits or 1 kit and 3 pairs of bulbs.

Try to post a pic of the kit or get the brand name if you can. Otherwise the prices seem ok.
the price is for 3 hid conversion kits.Its the same brand "bosch",the fake one which is selling here for 6k.so you end up saving 9k on 3 kits.
hellspawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2008, 00:53   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xehaust View Post
Hey ramie/v16,
could you please tell me from where to buy the cell-phone holder for 50-75 rs.?
Seriously need one. And where can i browse for knick-knacks in mumbai?
I dont know if you can get one for that price but you can try Manish Market ar Musafir Khana. Opera House is also a good place to browse.
V-16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2008, 15:14   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellspawn View Post
the price is for 3 hid conversion kits.Its the same brand "bosch",the fake one which is selling here for 6k.so you end up saving 9k on 3 kits.
Aight thanks for the info man
s0uljah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2008, 18:13   #20
Senior - BHPian

I bought a few accessories for my Optra from a place called Vorajak road, it's about a ten minute cab ride from Indira Market. The place is full of shopping centres for car accessories and spares, i took the help of a local guide to find the place. definitely cheaper and more value for money then ur regular malls.

try this address: DD, Srivorajak building, room B28, luang Road, Samranrat, Pranakon, bangkok.

i'm quoting from the guy's visiting card.

Last edited by Lukeskywalker : 26th March 2008 at 18:15.
Lukeskywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2008, 10:16   #21
Senior - BHPian

Yep, Worachak is the place to visit if your interested in buying more serious stuff.

Taking a cab from the Sukhumvit area could be hellish. In the day might take upto an hour to get there or more.

If you dont mind roughing it a bit take the Sky Train to the Saphan Takshin. Then get the ferry to Ratchasawong (or Ratchawongse, memory is a bit sketchy). Its about a 10 minute walk to Worachak from the pier.

This way you get to see some of the sights along the Chao Praya river too
Old 28th March 2008, 10:36   #22
BHPian

Just For Information
Pl note that Worachak is a Weekend market so plan your visit out there accordingly or else on weekdays u will not a single soul out there.
cancerm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2008, 13:22   #23
Senior - BHPian

Worachak is not a weekend market, your getting confusing with CHATUCHAK.
Old 28th March 2008, 13:39   #24
BHPian

Dear Souljah
I visited Bangkok in the month of dec 2007 & when I went there on a weekday I found everything shut on enquiring out there, they confirmed that Worachak is a weekend market, maybe the person who told me this would have given wrg info on the same.
cancerm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2008, 20:38   #25
Senior - BHPian

I don't think Worachak is a weekend market, maybe it is closed on a particular day of the week, I too visited the place on a weekday, only notable point is the shops close as early as 5.30 pm.
Lukeskywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2008, 18:52   #26
BHPian

Worachak and Klong Tom are two places in chinatown district where you can buy car accessories.

You can take the MRT's to either Hua Lamphong Station/BTS's National Staduim - and thereafter take a cab to klong tom or worachak, the fare should be around 50-60 baht.
bharatbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2008, 13:18   #27
BHPian

Angry

Hi Guys,

I had been to Bangkok in June 08 and here is my review on the much talked about Worachak and KlongTom car accesory shopping areas in BKK.

I wasted half a day going thorugh the entire Worachak road and also Klongthom centre. These places are worst than JC road in Bangalore, they stock only fakes of well known brands, most of the fakes are from China, they even had cheap imitations of the pioneer 2008 range of head units.

This place wanted me to run away and I did that, please avoid this place you will get better stuff in India. The attached photos will do the talking.

BTW from all the research I had done on the internet I had only heard about these areas for car accesories. Yes there will be much better shops, I did see a few on the way to the airport. If you guys know any then please share!
Attached Thumbnails
Accessories in Bangkok-img_0315.jpg  

Accessories in Bangkok-img_0316.jpg  

Accessories in Bangkok-img_0312.jpg  

Accessories in Bangkok-img_0310.jpg  

Accessories in Bangkok-img_0311.jpg  

Accessories in Bangkok-img_0313.jpg  

Accessories in Bangkok-img_0314.jpg  

Accessories in Bangkok-img_0319.jpg  

bharatbs is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2008, 13:34   #28
BHPian

My two cents about an earlier post claiming Worachak is a weekend market:

Tuk-Tuk and cab drivers run a popular scam in Bangkok where they will claim that the place you want to go to is closed today (Bangkok Palace included ;-) ) and then they will tell you that they know of a much better place where you will get all the stuff you are looking for.

In the end they will take you to two three places where they get money form the store owners for taking you there.

So please be aware you were most probably a victim. I have enjoyed a few free rides this way; Once a tuk-tuk driver started pestering me that he will take to me an excellent ready made garment store which is apparently owned by a Bangaldeshi family.. when all I wanted to do is go back to my hotel. So I agreed that I will come provided he drop me at my hotel for free. And presto I also was part of the scam. You should have the seen the face of the suit salesman at the store when i told him I was not interested after spending 20 mins looking at all the suits in the shop.

PS: I had been to Worachak on a Saturday
bharatbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2008, 19:11   #29
Senior - BHPian

@ bharatbs: I dont know why you say this!! I did not visit this place KlongTom as the pictures are saying!!!

Did you go inside a Mall type thing on Worachak road??? That place sure has some stuff!! First of all Bangkok is not a place you should go if you are looking for ICE related stuff!!

I picked up Original Momo Steering, Gear Knobs, Autogauge Meters, Pedal kits, Grills and so many other stuff at very very cheap prices!!! That mall has everything you need from Bodykits to Projector Lights to other things!!! I loved the experience i had and would certainly want to go again!!!
m4ugr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2008, 20:50   #30
Senior - BHPian

True on what Manan says, bangkok is for the cheap and 'trick' stuff to rice out your ride! ICE is a strict no-no... rice and chicken is good!

@Bharat, first time around it can be a bit disappointing. But if you go a little prepared and have the time then it can be rewarding. Also you need to be able to cross the language barrier somehow.

With regards to what I said I had picked up some OEM Honda CRV parts from a company dealer close to 50% cheaper than Honda India prices. Similarly sourced some Nissan parts for my friend and shipped em out. There's a lot of OEM dealers on the either side of the road from where you took the pic of the Worachak sign board.

Though my advise is if you have a limited time in BKK then dont waste time with this kinda stuff. Soak in some of the culture.. for the naughty minds thats temples, cruises, legit massages and food