Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12th February 2012, 20:18   #46
BHPian
 
bharatbs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 374
Thanked: 108 Times
Default Re: Accessories in Bangkok

Has anyone bought a car Spoiler from Bangkok?

I am looking for one for my Honda City, any information would be helpful?

Last edited by bharatbs : 12th February 2012 at 20:22.
bharatbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2012, 21:30   #47
Senior - BHPian
 
amit_mechengg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Pune
Posts: 2,406
Thanked: 1,538 Times
Default Re: Accessories in Bangkok

When i was in Thailand i surfed various places in Bangkok for car accessories.
Very soon i realized that they sell the same stuff that is sold in India at almost same / more prices.

The same tachometer which costed me Rs.2300 here was priced at Rs. 3400(converted) in thailand.

Find a right place in India and soon you will realize stuffs are cheaper here.
amit_mechengg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2012, 21:58   #48
Senior - BHPian
 
cityvic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Calcutta
Posts: 1,694
Thanked: 2,570 Times
Default Re: Accessories in Bangkok

For good car accessories,go to R Style.MBK Mall.

I generally buy stuff for my Hondas from them.
cityvic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2012, 16:14   #49
BHPian
 
bharatbs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 374
Thanked: 108 Times
Default Re: Accessories in Bangkok

Quote:
Originally Posted by cityvic View Post
For good car accessories,go to R Style.MBK Mall.

I generally buy stuff for my Hondas from them.
True man, I saw the honda city fog lamps @ Rstyles website for 2,000 THB compare that with the 20,000 INR for the original ones here.

MAP - ? ?? Evo Mazda2 Car Accessories & Spoiler Civic Import Export

BTW did you buy any touch up paint from Thailand?

I am looking for Taffeta White NH578. It is available on Amazon.
bharatbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2012, 21:56   #50
Senior - BHPian
 
cityvic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Calcutta
Posts: 1,694
Thanked: 2,570 Times
Default Re: Accessories in Bangkok

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharatbs View Post
True man, I saw the honda city fog lamps @ Rstyles website for 2,000 THB compare that with the 20,000 INR for the original ones here.

MAP - ? ?? Evo Mazda2 Car Accessories & Spoiler Civic Import Export

BTW did you buy any touch up paint from Thailand?

I am looking for Taffeta White NH578. It is available on Amazon.
Yep.Things are way cheaper there.

Iv got Red Logos,Mugen Badges,Spoilers from there.

Have never tried getting paint into India.I think they are not allowed to be taken in the Baggage.For a can of Taffeta White paint you could try out Comm Paint cans.
cityvic is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2012, 18:35   #51
BHPian
 
bharatbs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 374
Thanked: 108 Times
Default Re: Accessories in Bangkok

I was looking for a few accessories for my ANHC including a Mugen Style Spoiler

I had already been to Worachak area on my previous visits (you can see my review in previous posts on this thread).

So this time based on the directions I received on team-bhp I went to RStyle store in MBK Mall.

The store is a 6x20 feet and stocks various accessories logos, badges, stickers, pedals, lights, spoilers etc for mainly Japanese cars and a few german cars. More details here: http://www.rstyleracing.com/

My experience at this store was less than satisfactory as the employee who was dealing with me tried a bait and switch tactic. He got a badly put together or damaged spoiler from the warehouse. So I walked away.

Then during the last day before heading home I thought let me try a different store from the same brand so I went to the RTN Motorsport (RStyle) store on Chula Road, Prathunam Area (2kms south of MBK Mall).

I bumped into the same employee at this store and he was a little shocked, I joked around whether he will pawn me the same broken spoiler. He finally got me a proper piece this time.

I walked around the area between Chula 22 to Chula 5. This area is dotted with several automobile accessory stores. The alloy wheels in the some of the stores were really drool drool.

Do check out this area if you want to buy alloy wheels and other accessories in Bangkok. The accessories are good quality and prices are much cheaper than India.

PS: Car accessories of any form will be charged duty in India (not included in the 25K free baggage allowance)
Attached Thumbnails
Accessories in Bangkok-imag0035.jpg  

Accessories in Bangkok-imag0036.jpg  

Accessories in Bangkok-imag0038.jpg  

Accessories in Bangkok-imag0039.jpg  


Last edited by bharatbs : 1st March 2012 at 18:39.
bharatbs is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2012, 15:51   #52
BHPian
 
dynomite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 72
Thanked: 78 Times
Default Re: Accessories in Bangkok

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharatbs View Post
I was looking for a few accessories for my ANHC including a Mugen Style Spoiler

I had already been to Worachak area on my previous visits (you can see my review in previous posts on this thread).

So this time based on the directions I received on team-bhp I went to RStyle store in MBK Mall.

The store is a 6x20 feet and stocks various accessories logos, badges, stickers, pedals, lights, spoilers etc for mainly Japanese cars and a few german cars. More details here: http://www.rstyleracing.com/

My experience at this store was less than satisfactory as the employee who was dealing with me tried a bait and switch tactic. He got a badly put together or damaged spoiler from the warehouse. So I walked away.

Then during the last day before heading home I thought let me try a different store from the same brand so I went to the RTN Motorsport (RStyle) store on Chula Road, Prathunam Area (2kms south of MBK Mall).

I bumped into the same employee at this store and he was a little shocked, I joked around whether he will pawn me the same broken spoiler. He finally got me a proper piece this time.

I walked around the area between Chula 22 to Chula 5. This area is dotted with several automobile accessory stores. The alloy wheels in the some of the stores were really drool drool.

Do check out this area if you want to buy alloy wheels and other accessories in Bangkok. The accessories are good quality and prices are much cheaper than India.

PS: Car accessories of any form will be charged duty in India (not included in the 25K free baggage allowance)
Hmm - interesting insight into the different stores and pricing - will keep it in mind if I visit bangkok.

Something I don't understand - why would one buy alloy wheels from Bangkok?

1 - For starters, I would have to physically carry four large cardboard boxes back to the hotel and to the airport.
2 - I will most likely have to pay excess baggage charges to the airline
3 - And as you said, there's no way that customs is going to let me walk through with four large boxes on my trolley - they'll want their pound of flesh.

Unless - brainwave - I modify a wheelchair with four new 17-inch rims and pretend to have a broken leg or something.

Jokes aside, what is the real advantage? Are they that much cheaper? Did you enquire about the price?
dynomite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2012, 16:29   #53
Distinguished - BHPian
 
naveen.raju's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Cochin
Posts: 3,733
Thanked: 3,104 Times
Default Re: Accessories in Bangkok

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynomite View Post
Hmm - interesting insight into the different stores and pricing - will keep it in mind if I visit bangkok.

Something I don't understand - why would one buy alloy wheels from Bangkok?

1 - For starters, I would have to physically carry four large cardboard boxes back to the hotel and to the airport.
2 - I will most likely have to pay excess baggage charges to the airline
3 - And as you said, there's no way that customs is going to let me walk through with four large boxes on my trolley - they'll want their pound of flesh.

Unless - brainwave - I modify a wheelchair with four new 17-inch rims and pretend to have a broken leg or something.

Jokes aside, what is the real advantage? Are they that much cheaper? Did you enquire about the price?
Accessories here (Bangkok/Malaysia/Singapore) are cheaper. I almost bought full LED tails for my Swift from a Singapore dealer since these are not available in India (Partial LED tail lamps are available). Partial ones cost around 13k here in India while the Singapore dealer quoted 9.5k for the full led ones. Of course, you will need to pay duty for it but since I had contacts in Blore airport I was able to skip the duties. But unfortunately the dealer ran out of stock which made me skip the deal. If you have contacts and can avoid the duties, it will be much cheaper than ones you get here in India.
naveen.raju is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2012, 16:45   #54
BHPian
 
dynomite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 72
Thanked: 78 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju

Accessories here (Bangkok/Malaysia/Singapore) are cheaper. I almost bought full LED tails for my Swift from a Singapore dealer since these are not available in India (Partial LED tail lamps are available). Partial ones cost around 13k here in India while the Singapore dealer quoted 9.5k for the full led ones. Of course, you will need to pay duty for it but since I had contacts in Blore airport I was able to skip the duties. But unfortunately the dealer ran out of stock which made me skip the deal. If you have contacts and can avoid the duties, it will be much cheaper than ones you get here in India.
I think it makes sense from that point of view - when an item you want is simply not available in India. There are still items that one doesn't get here - like door handles with built in LEDs, door mirrors with built in puddle lamps and so on.

That small amount of price difference only makes sense if you're confident of carrying it through customs. If a set of alloys costs Rs 23k here for a set of 17s, it should cost Rs 15k there, to be able to justify carrying them all the way yourself.
dynomite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2012, 18:49   #55
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 43
Thanked: 19 Times
Default Re: Accessories in Bangkok

Any idea on the pricing of the O2 sensor for the City ZX, I have been running my car on a faulty sensor for over 10k kms now. Last time i checked with the dealer he quoted 14k.
#win is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Car Accessories and Tires / Alloys - Planet Accessories, Malad SAS Mumbai 2 20th August 2013 12:12
My recent business trip to bangkok & THE BANGKOK AUTO SHOW danny2599 The International Automotive Scene 5 16th April 2010 22:29
Bangkok Guide ... khaadu75 Shifting gears 0 19th November 2004 16:02
Bangkok Motorshow S600BENZ The International Automotive Scene 4 3rd April 2004 03:03


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 10:51.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks