Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 30th June 2009, 14:05   #226
BHPian
 
Screwdriva's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: London/ Bombay
Posts: 496
Thanked: 348 Times
Default Advice

Do the following. . .It should solve your problem:

1) Buy "System G" fuel additive from a good Petrol pump

2) Pour 1/2 the bottle into the Petrol tank when it is nearly EMPTY. It's important you do this when its almost empty and use half the bottle and not the prescribed dosage.

3) Fill your tank with normal 87 Octane Petrol

4) Drive the car at high RPMs. Delay your gear upshifts longer.

5) After the fuel is almost empty again, switch to CNG and drive to enjoy

6) Invest in a K&N Air Filter. Worth its cost in performance improvement in CNG and reduction in long term costs.
Screwdriva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2009, 14:35   #227
Senior - BHPian
 
ashthedivx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Delhi
Posts: 1,351
Thanked: 22 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by panky12345 View Post
Got the air filter cleaned recently..

the jerking happens when I try to accelerate at a faster pace than usual.. if I do it gradually, then it's not a problem.

any pointers?
Looks like low CNG availability at the time of accelerating, usually caused due to less opened CNG valve. Experiment with opening the valve a bit more, it should solve the problem.

Have you tried acclerating car > 2500 RPM without AC ??
ashthedivx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2009, 15:56   #228
Senior - BHPian
 
panky12345's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 2,653
Thanked: 126 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screwdriva View Post
1. Fill your tank with normal 87 Octane Petrol

2. Invest in a K&N Air Filter. Worth its cost in performance improvement in CNG and reduction in long term costs.
1. Fill the tank to full or how many litres of petrol?

2. From what I gathered speaking to one of the fellow members here that K&N stock replacement will not help a tata indica DIESEL much and he recommended sticking to OEM stock filters.. (mind you here that the guy is a dealer of K&N). So, advice taken.. I dont know much about the performance in CNG/Petrol modes.

Also, can you please shed more light as to on what principles are you recommending this whole process? I mean what is the logic behind this whole thing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashthedivx View Post

1. Looks like low CNG availability at the time of accelerating, usually caused due to less opened CNG valve. Experiment with opening the valve a bit more, it should solve the problem.

2. Have you tried acclerating car > 2500 RPM without AC ??
1. Is it a DIY? mine is a BRC sequential and I absolutely dont have a clue about lambda (trust thats only in closed loop whereas mine is sequential)

2. Yes, works fine without the AC.
panky12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2009, 01:54   #229
BHPian
 
Screwdriva's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: London/ Bombay
Posts: 496
Thanked: 348 Times
Default A's

1) Fill the tank with 30 odd litres.

2) With most normally aspirated (i.e. non turbo) diesel cars, I too would not recommend a K&N. Hardly any appreciable benefit at all because the car will hardly rev above 3500 rpm. However, CNG cars are MUCH more air intake dependent. Even the slightest increase in airflow should yield tangible results. Same with Turbocharged mills.

The additive combined with the petrol will clean your block, lubricate the upper cylinder and "wet" it, increasing it's "free-ness".

ashthedivx also has a point. It could be a CNG injection problem as well. If what I've described doesn't work, I'd have my CNG service guys start there. Till then, perform this additive treatment and save up for a K&N
Screwdriva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2009, 10:03   #230
Senior - BHPian
 
panky12345's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 2,653
Thanked: 126 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screwdriva View Post
2) With most normally aspirated (i.e. non turbo) diesel cars, I too would not recommend a K&N.
Thanks for the answers buddy!

Actually, the car in question for a K&N is my Tata Indigo deisel TDI! Forget redlining ever..I drive my car mostly in 50-70 only.
panky12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2009, 11:35   #231
Senior - BHPian
 
ashthedivx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Delhi
Posts: 1,351
Thanked: 22 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by panky12345 View Post
1. Is it a DIY? mine is a BRC sequential and I absolutely dont have a clue about lambda (trust thats only in closed loop whereas mine is sequential)

2. Yes, works fine without the AC.
1. Do not touch if you aren't familiar with kit's working !! Catch hold of your installer for doing the job. IN ANY CASE DO NOT GO TO ROAD SIDE INSTALLER, SEQUENTIAL IS AIN'T A TOY WHICH EVERY ONE CAN HANDLE.

2. Looks like it is mere tuning problem. Have a visit to installer it will be resolved. Your car is tuned for winter season

Best of luck
ashthedivx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2009, 12:55   #232
Senior - BHPian
 
panky12345's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 2,653
Thanked: 126 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashthedivx View Post
Your car is tuned for winter season

Best of luck
Preciously.. thanks a lot!
panky12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2009, 17:20   #233
BHPian
 
Turbo Head's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 257
Thanked: 68 Times
Default

I have installed K & N filter in my SX4 fitted with Lovato CNG kit along with Lambda and TAP. It is driving very smoothly and pick up has also increased a bit.
However due to lack of space (and constraints due to certain sensor settings), it is sucking hot air from engine.
I'll post the pics of the engine bay and seek your suggestions and inputs.
Turbo Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2009, 13:20   #234
BHPian
 
Turbo Head's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 257
Thanked: 68 Times
Default

Bump, Any suggestions everyone.
Will installing an Apollo kit help (it would be 5k more over my 7k investment) ?
Please suggest as I have to make my decision
Turbo Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2009, 22:05   #235
BANNED
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: shenzen
Posts: 154
Thanked: 23 Times
Default one freind has made a special ignition for gas cars

hi
1 friend from romania has made a special ignition for all cng and lpg
coverted cars
it cost approx 68 usd
he claims if fittted to a car there is no diffrence between petrol and gas cars
i can send sample to anybody interested
regards
narry
narry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2009, 10:51   #236
Senior - BHPian
 
ashthedivx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Delhi
Posts: 1,351
Thanked: 22 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo Head View Post
I'll post the pics of the engine bay and seek your suggestions and inputs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo Head View Post
Bump, Any suggestions everyone.
Will installing an Apollo kit help (it would be 5k more over my 7k investment) ?
Please suggest as I have to make my decision
Kindly post picture for better understanding mate.


Quote:
Originally Posted by narry View Post
hi
1 friend from romania has made a special ignition for all cng and lpg
coverted cars
it cost approx 68 usd
he claims if fittted to a car there is no diffrence between petrol and gas cars
i can send sample to anybody interested
regards
narry
Can you fwd the details for the same ??
ashthedivx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2010, 02:29   #237
BHPian
 
maglev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 785
Thanked: 88 Times
Default

Guys can you please post information about the brand and installer of the CNG kits being used by you.

I will be converting my Ritz LXI to CNG shortly. So tips / suggestions / advice are welcome.
maglev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2010, 13:02   #238
BANNED
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 690
Thanked: 152 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Default

HAs anyone heard of Tomasettoo Achille CNg kit .
I have seen two kinds one from Italy and other from Argentina .
T.A Gas Technology - Tomasetto Achille : Argentina
Tomasetto Achille S.p.a.Tomasetto Achille S.p.a. Vicenza, components for cng and lpg equipments for cars : Italy

Are both companies alright .
Also is Lamda worth it .
Does anyone has a Installation manual for Tomasetto Made in Italy KIt , Lamda , Advancer ?

Regards
Trust_In_Thrust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2010, 13:27   #239
Senior - BHPian
 
ashthedivx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Delhi
Posts: 1,351
Thanked: 22 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by maglev View Post
Guys can you please post information about the brand and installer of the CNG kits being used by you.

I will be converting my Ritz LXI to CNG shortly. So tips / suggestions / advice are welcome.
Well, I would suggest to corss-check if installation will void your warranty or not. Usually, CNG installation from dealer do not void the warranty of the car. I undesratnd, they do looks costly by 10K or so, but frankly speaking you do not have any other option apart from the same to avoid voiding your current warranty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trust_In_Thrust View Post
HAs anyone heard of Tomasettoo Achille CNg kit .
I have seen two kinds one from Italy and other from Argentina .
T.A Gas Technology - Tomasetto Achille : Argentina
Tomasetto Achille S.p.a.Tomasetto Achille S.p.a. Vicenza, components for cng and lpg equipments for cars : Italy

Are both companies alright .
Also is Lamda worth it .
Does anyone has a Installation manual for Tomasetto Made in Italy KIt , Lamda , Advancer ?

Regards
Tomasetto is the cheapest one of the lot and being installed to many veichles now-a-days as they cost lowest one.

Which car are you planning to convert into CNG ??
ashthedivx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2010, 14:35   #240
BHPian
 
Torque-ative's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 487
Thanked: 54 Times
Default

What an Qxymoron,..!?

First you spend more money than for a petrol car to convert it to CNG.
Then you spend even more money on perfromance mods to make it perform like a petrol car D,Huh ?!

Is'nt it simpler to to just retain your stock petrol car ?
The engine will probably last longer as well, since it would be running lower revs on an average than CNG.
Torque-ative is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
CNG Oil Change - Regular or any CNG specials? panky12345 Technical Stuff 5 20th May 2016 11:56
Wagon R LXI CNG Vs Wagon R VXI + CNG Kit ajay387 Hatchbacks 37 7th October 2013 22:54
Company Workhorse : New Eeco 5 seater CNG or Used Dzire + CNG kit? NMM What Car? 2 4th February 2013 19:29
Swift Lxi (CNG Fitted) vs Santro GLS (CNG) coolaxe Hatchbacks 18 28th June 2012 16:58


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 20:51.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks