Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 21st October 2008, 16:06   #106
BHPian
 
abhik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 848
Thanked: 8 Times
Default

@ashish-already PMd you the number of a good tuner as ashthedivx suggested.
I am guessing that cng inflow is either restricted or too much air going in with it.

@Gangsta- Last time i heard the cost for a sequential kit was close to 70K, it should be around the same price but since you already have a cylinder you will save some dough because cylinders have become quite expensive lately plus you can sell off your existing kit for a good sum of money as kits are expensive these days so a taxi operator or anybody would be willing to buy a second hand one at a good price.

Advantages of a Sequential Kit
1. One time setting. No requirement for periodic tune up.
2.Piggyback ECU to mannage CNG operations like deciding AFR and CNG Injector timings.
3.Better Fuel efficiency.
4.Performance equivalent or a just tad bit more than petrol.

But for a sequential kit to be installed, stock air-intake manifold would need to be drilled to accomodate the injectors, which most people would not like.
abhik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2008, 16:26   #107
BHPian
 
Gangsta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 622
Thanked: Once
Default

thanx abhik bro.I had a talk with Shrimankar Autogas Services. They told me that they dont have Sequential CNG kits for Accent. Damn

Last edited by Gangsta : 21st October 2008 at 16:28.
Gangsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2008, 16:29   #108
Senior - BHPian
 
ashthedivx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Delhi
Posts: 1,351
Thanked: 22 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashish22 View Post
any idea how much would it cost and what advantages can i look forward to once i change my kit to sequential?
i hope i'll not have to get it tuned often and performance comparable to petrol.
As far as i know it non-sequential to sequential ain't possible as sequential works upon a totally different archtecture. However, your existing gas cylinder should be useable. However, benefits of a sequential kit are very much listed down by AbhiK. Regarding tuning part, i might sound too much optimistic towards CNG but i haven't visted my installer from the day being installed, Touchwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gangsta View Post
thanx mate. do you have their phone number too?
M/s. Shrimankar Gas Car Services Pvt Ltd
Shrimankar House, E-44/15,Okhla Industrial Area
Ph-II,New Delhi-110020

Mr. Gaurav / Mrs Aafreen / Mr Sahu
Ph : 41707892, 32449939,
26387886,41704939,41704940

Mr. Jignesh Dhruve
Mb : 9312237892
ashthedivx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2008, 16:36   #109
BHPian
 
Gangsta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 622
Thanked: Once
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashthedivx View Post
Mr. Jignesh Dhruve
Mb : 9312237892
i had a talk with Mr. Jignesh only. He said Accent's Sequential kits are not available. I asked him if it is not available in the market, or at your end.

lol he told me sequential kits havnt been made for accent.
Gangsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2008, 16:38   #110
BHPian
 
abhik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 848
Thanked: 8 Times
Default

@ashthedivx- are you running a sequential on your Optra?
abhik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2008, 16:39   #111
BHPian
 
abhik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 848
Thanked: 8 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gangsta View Post
i had a talk with Mr. Jignesh only. He said Accent's Sequential kits are not available. I asked him if it is not available in the market, or at your end.

lol he told me sequential kits havnt been made for accent.
Seems like you need to change your car.
abhik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2008, 17:30   #112
BHPian
 
Gangsta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 622
Thanked: Once
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhik View Post
Seems like you need to change your car.
I'm looking for a new car. But i wanna drive my accent like a crazy mad car. Considering budget too.

I always knew CNG can give a blast on the car. But never knew how?
Gangsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2008, 18:17   #113
BHPian
 
abhik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 848
Thanked: 8 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gangsta View Post
I always knew CNG can give a blast on the car. But never knew how?
Sequential injection plus TURBO!!!
abhik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2008, 18:23   #114
Senior - BHPian
 
ashthedivx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Delhi
Posts: 1,351
Thanked: 22 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhik View Post
@ashthedivx- are you running a sequential on your Optra?
Nope, It's Non-sequential !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhik View Post
Seems like you need to change your car.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Gangsta View Post
I'm looking for a new car. But i wanna drive my accent like a crazy mad car. Considering budget too.

I always knew CNG can give a blast on the car. But never knew how?
Crazy mad car can never be a budgeted car (Read fuel average)

Still want to satisfy yourself ? How about adding a TURBO !!
ashthedivx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2008, 19:21   #115
BHPian
 
Gangsta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 622
Thanked: Once
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhik View Post
Sequential injection plus TURBO!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashthedivx View Post
Nope, It's Non-sequential !!






Crazy mad car can never be a budgeted car (Read fuel average)

Still want to satisfy yourself ? How about adding a TURBO !!
well my accent's resale value is around 3 lakh. even if i sell it and add 2 lakh (Cost of Turbo + Sequential Kit) = 5 lakh

Elantra's price + 17k for petes box = around 5 lakh 17 thousand

which one is better? petefied Elantra crdi or Turbo Accent + Sequential kit?
Gangsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2008, 19:25   #116
BHPian
 
abhik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 848
Thanked: 8 Times
Default

Ofcourse the Elantra any day, thats why i am looking for a good diesel option, due to CNG i am limited to the city and really miss travelling to nearby cities because my Ikon returns 5-6kmpl and am not expecting it to get better on the highways.
Thats why i was after you to let me know when you sell the Elantra.
abhik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2008, 19:34   #117
BHPian
 
Gangsta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 622
Thanked: Once
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhik View Post
Ofcourse the Elantra any day, thats why i am looking for a good diesel option, due to CNG i am limited to the city and really miss travelling to nearby cities because my Ikon returns 5-6kmpl and am not expecting it to get better on the highways.
Thats why i was after you to let me know when you sell the Elantra.
haha told ya mate. my bro. will me, if i asks him to sell it right now. but in the future i will surely let you know about.

Ikon gives 5-6 kmpl?

Last edited by Gangsta : 21st October 2008 at 19:37.
Gangsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2008, 20:23   #118
BHPian
 
abhik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 848
Thanked: 8 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gangsta View Post
haha told ya mate. my bro. will me, if i asks him to sell it right now. but in the future i will surely let you know about.

Ikon gives 5-6 kmpl?
Ya if driven the way i do then 5-6kmpl max. Atleast 1.6L does. Even when i drive it very sedately within speed limits then too a max of 7kmpl. Plus sky high prices of spares. Thats why i am not willing to keep the car for long but i guess i have to bear it for another couple of years due to financial non-feasability for a change.
abhik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2008, 21:59   #119
BHPian
 
ashish22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 575
Thanked: 43 Times
Default

hey gangster u better sell your accent and go for a well maintained corolla and add sequential kit to it. I have heard that corolla runs like a dream on CNG. Even i'm thinking of doing it but dont want to part with my first love i.e. OHC :(
@abhik...can u please clarify more when you say sequential kit plus turbo?? the reason i ask is because i have vRS although i'm not thinking of converting it.
ashish22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2008, 02:56   #120
BHPian
 
Gangsta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 622
Thanked: Once
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashish22 View Post
hey gangster u better sell your accent and go for a well maintained corolla and add sequential kit to it. I have heard that corolla runs like a dream on CNG. Even i'm thinking of doing it but dont want to part with my first love i.e. OHC :(
@abhik...can u please clarify more when you say sequential kit plus turbo?? the reason i ask is because i have vRS although i'm not thinking of converting it.
thanx for a suggestion bro.
duh! read me above posts regarding elantra crdi.

Corolla, no way man. i wont even think of it after driving my elantra crdi.
at corolla's price with sequential kit's price. I will rather prefer buying a Sonata CRDi and add 17k petes box to it.. which i'm really thinking to do lol as m looking out for some sonata crdi in the market.

which one will be better CNG Corolla or petefied sonata crdi?
haha

Last edited by Gangsta : 22nd October 2008 at 02:59.
Gangsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
CNG Oil Change - Regular or any CNG specials? panky12345 Technical Stuff 5 20th May 2016 11:56
Wagon R LXI CNG Vs Wagon R VXI + CNG Kit ajay387 Hatchbacks 37 7th October 2013 22:54
Company Workhorse : New Eeco 5 seater CNG or Used Dzire + CNG kit? NMM What Car? 2 4th February 2013 19:29
Swift Lxi (CNG Fitted) vs Santro GLS (CNG) coolaxe Hatchbacks 18 28th June 2012 16:58


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 06:30.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks