Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 22nd October 2008, 09:25   #121
BHPian
 
Gangsta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 622
Thanked: Once
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashish22 View Post
hey gangster u better sell your accent and go for a well maintained corolla and add sequential kit to it. I have heard that corolla runs like a dream on CNG. Even i'm thinking of doing it but dont want to part with my first love i.e. OHC :(
@abhik...can u please clarify more when you say sequential kit plus turbo?? the reason i ask is because i have vRS although i'm not thinking of converting it.
Hehe if we can see the performance. still i can touch 170+ kmph on CNG easily. still i have enough power to take my accent baby to 190 kmph on petrol. even though 1 lakh km ODO. But i still enjoys the role of excellent gearbox which hyundai provides. even though engine not refined as corolla.
Gangsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2008, 10:12   #122
Senior - BHPian
 
ashthedivx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Delhi
Posts: 1,351
Thanked: 22 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gangsta View Post
Corolla, no way man. i wont even think of it after driving my elantra crdi.
at corolla's price with sequential kit's price. I will rather prefer buying a Sonata CRDi and add 17k petes box to it.. which i'm really thinking to do lol as m looking out for some sonata crdi in the market.
Did you came over any Embera CRDi till now ?
ashthedivx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2008, 10:45   #123
BHPian
 
ashish22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 575
Thanked: 43 Times
Default

hmm you already have elantra have you petefied it yet because i think it will give you same level of performance as sonata crdi.
The other thing is that if you dont like corolla then you can also try accord which again is a stonker on CNG
Embera CRDi is rarely seen in used car market, also since its a diesel so its resale value would be strong.
ashish22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2008, 14:30   #124
BHPian
 
Gangsta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 622
Thanked: Once
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashthedivx View Post
Did you came over any Embera CRDi till now ?
Nope i'm still looking for it. Infact i had a talk with few dealers. They told me its a flop car. why are you opting for it? Nobody buys sonata because its not good, better go for civic or corolla. haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashish22 View Post
hmm you already have elantra have you petefied it yet because i think it will give you same level of performance as sonata crdi.
The other thing is that if you dont like corolla then you can also try accord which again is a stonker on CNG
Embera CRDi is rarely seen in used car market, also since its a diesel so its resale value would be strong.
I have Elantra but most of the time my elder brother drive it.

But i wanna buy for me this time.

I havnt petefied it till yet, yes it will almost the same performance as of sonata. But i wanna buy Sonata CRDi.

Yup, you are true about the Sonata CRDi, i havnt seen a single one in the market for sale.

As far as Accord is concerned, one of my friend wanted to buy 2003 model accord and wanna run it on the CNG. He had a talk with few mechanics (CNG Installers) they told him that he will get few problems with Accord on CNG>

CNG Accord vs CNG accent.
CNG Accent will be much much much cheaper to run than accord. lol

People installs CNG to make their running cost low. But Accord needs more maintainance than Accent.

My Tapped Accent is good enough for the traffic but Adrenalin rush with CNG is still missing a bit. It is fast but not fast if compared with petrol.

Correct me if i'm wrong regarding the maintainance part.

Last edited by Gangsta : 22nd October 2008 at 14:41.
Gangsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2008, 16:14   #125
BHPian
 
ashish22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 575
Thanked: 43 Times
Default

well finding a used sonata CRDi is almost as difficult as finding another tendulkar :P
you might find sehwags(read elantra crdi) but not exactly tendulkar!
anyways i have seen few accords on CNG and they were all running flawless, saw one V6 too...
and yes being a honda its maintainance would obviously be at a higher side but still its decent!
i think it would be better for you if you go for sequential kit for your current accent apart from other stuff such as CAI and FFE. I'm sure it would give u same adrenalin rush as on petrol. But consider this option only if you are planning to keep accent for a long time.
ashish22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2008, 16:24   #126
BHPian
 
abhik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 848
Thanked: 8 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashish22 View Post
@abhik...can u please clarify more when you say sequential kit plus turbo?? the reason i ask is because i have vRS although i'm not thinking of converting it.
CNG and diesels are better options to Turbocharge than petrol, CNG being a higher octane fuel than petrol performs better than a TCed petrol engine.
But the cost of doing so is too much to incurr both time and money wise. I would rather settle for a stock diesel car with a performance chip.
Eg: Gangsta's Elantra + Pete's = Maniac Machine!! Other cars can eat my dust. The bonus is you also get good FE(ofcourse when you drive sanely) and unlimited range due to availability of diesel throughout unlike CNG and as compared to petrol diesel prices are lower too.
Diesel engine internals are also more stronger than petrol as they are able to handle more boost pressures of a Turbo thus the longivity of parts too.

Your Skoda vRS is again a good option for CNG as it already has a Turbo factory fitted and addidng CNG would also ensure economy as you will save on the price difference between cost of petrol and CNG.
abhik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2008, 17:24   #127
BHPian
 
Gangsta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 622
Thanked: Once
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashish22 View Post
well finding a used sonata CRDi is almost as difficult as finding another tendulkar :P
you might find sehwags(read elantra crdi) but not exactly tendulkar!

anyways i have seen few accords on CNG and they were all running flawless, saw one V6 too...
and yes being a honda its maintainance would obviously be at a higher side but still its decent!
i think it would be better for you if you go for sequential kit for your current accent apart from other stuff such as CAI and FFE. I'm sure it would give u same adrenalin rush as on petrol. But consider this option only if you are planning to keep accent for a long time.
haha good one bro. Sequential kit is not available for accent as per said by a CNG tuner at okhla. lol i already have a green universal twin conical air filter and also not using the stock exhaust.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhik View Post
CNG and diesels are better options to Turbocharge than petrol, CNG being a higher octane fuel than petrol performs better than a TCed petrol engine.
But the cost of doing so is too much to incurr both time and money wise. I would rather settle for a stock diesel car with a performance chip.
Eg: Gangsta's Elantra + Pete's = Maniac Machine!! Other cars can eat my dust. The bonus is you also get good FE(ofcourse when you drive sanely) and unlimited range due to availability of diesel throughout unlike CNG and as compared to petrol diesel prices are lower too.
Diesel engine internals are also more stronger than petrol as they are able to handle more boost pressures of a Turbo thus the longivity of parts too.

Your Skoda vRS is again a good option for CNG as it already has a Turbo factory fitted and addidng CNG would also ensure economy as you will save on the price difference between cost of petrol and CNG.
Yup, thats true about the diesel cars. anyways, stock elantra crdi is good enough on highways. me driving Elantra crdi on highways. lol not even a single car had able to overtake me ever in my life, when i'm in a real hurry. lol no matter if its a drag or handling. It rules.

Last edited by Gangsta : 22nd October 2008 at 17:26.
Gangsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2008, 02:00   #128
BHPian
 
Gangsta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 622
Thanked: Once
Default

Today i had installed lamda sensor to my Accent. Accent is running great. Very Very smooth and responsive at low rpms and 1.5k rpm TAP kicks in and zoom. pulled my accent to 6k rpm many times without the fear that tuning will be out for cng. haha i loved each and every moment. Now, i felt as if it is a cheapest and best running car on CNG. lol
Good built, Good mileage on petrol, hyundai A.S.S excellent. Cheap spare parts. Great!!
Gangsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2008, 12:59   #129
Senior - BHPian
 
ashthedivx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Delhi
Posts: 1,351
Thanked: 22 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gangsta View Post
Today i had installed lamda sensor to my Accent. Accent is running great. Very Very smooth and responsive at low rpms and 1.5k rpm TAP kicks in and zoom. pulled my accent to 6k rpm many times without the fear that tuning will be out for cng. haha i loved each and every moment. Now, i felt as if it is a cheapest and best running car on CNG. lol
Good built, Good mileage on petrol, hyundai A.S.S excellent. Cheap spare parts. Great!!
Congrats, Yes with Lambda and TAP CNG is a real fun to drive. Have touched 170-175 many times effortlessly while on highways, all credit goes to Lambda and TAP cheers: Though there was still enough power to be pushed further.
ashthedivx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2008, 16:26   #130
BHPian
 
Gangsta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 622
Thanked: Once
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashthedivx View Post
Congrats, Yes with Lambda and TAP CNG is a real fun to drive. Have touched 170-175 many times effortlessly while on highways, all credit goes to Lambda and TAP cheers: Though there was still enough power to be pushed further.
thanx mate. haha yes now i'm really enjoying the ride. Havnt testing the top speed on CNG now. I will surely check it when i will go for a ride on expressway, greater noida.

Spare money in my pocket and i will install CAI to it.

Last edited by Gangsta : 24th October 2008 at 16:31.
Gangsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2008, 02:38   #131
BHPian
 
ab1xlr8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: mumbai
Posts: 93
Thanked: Once
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashish22 View Post
well finding a used sonata CRDi is almost as difficult as finding another tendulkar :P
you might find sehwags(read elantra crdi) but not exactly tendulkar!
anyways i have seen few accords on CNG and they were all running flawless, saw one V6 too...
and yes being a honda its maintainance would obviously be at a higher side but still its decent!
i think it would be better for you if you go for sequential kit for your current accent apart from other stuff such as CAI and FFE. I'm sure it would give u same adrenalin rush as on petrol. But consider this option only if you are planning to keep accent for a long time.
Hi, do you guys know any dealers fiiting a cng kit on big cars like the honda etc here in mumbai ,also will fitting a normal kit be ok on powerful cars like the accord since they have enough grunt or a sequential kit is required
ab1xlr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2008, 10:03   #132
Senior - BHPian
 
ashthedivx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Delhi
Posts: 1,351
Thanked: 22 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ab1xlr8 View Post
Hi, do you guys know any dealers fiiting a cng kit on big cars like the honda etc here in mumbai ,also will fitting a normal kit be ok on powerful cars like the accord since they have enough grunt or a sequential kit is required
In Delhi, M/s Shrimaknar Auto Gas is the only one to provide Sequential Kit and also provide truly professionals services. However, still i would suggest you to check out their mumbai office/workshop for their workmanship.

Mumbai Authorised CNG Installer
ashthedivx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2008, 11:08   #133
Senior - BHPian
 
ashthedivx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Delhi
Posts: 1,351
Thanked: 22 Times
Default

Seems my happiness of "no such issues" in CNG seems to be drowning

Problem: Engines seems to be misfiring while igniting in mornings, though i ain't so much sure if it the problem is related to CNG anyhow as car starts in petrol mode(But GM engineer states though, read on for their comments). Engine takes too long ignition, some time it seems engine is coughing.

Considerations:
- Spark Plugs changed recently only with GM oem one i.e. NGK
- Engine Oil changed at 65K while Car Service
- Fuel Injectors cleaned at 68K
- Battery is perfect

Possible Causes:
- O2 Sensor seems to be conked off - I ain't so much sure about them. But still it can be stated as a problematic area as once ecu is re-setted, it works very fine i.e. Engine starts even at half ignition. But latter once CEL comes up it starts misfiring again. Car has completed 69K, Does O2 sensor has lived up it's life ??
- Ignition Unit needs Service - It might had caught up with Carbon!! It looked like a wild suggestion to me, as after ECU resetting how come everything goes fine ??
- Any further pointers ??

After getting up checked it GM Service Center last morning, GM technician gave some wild cause stating Engine valves are "Short of carbon". He further added that car needs to be ran on petrol for carbon formation so as valves can work properly Once the carbon is formed on valves it will start smoothly !!

What is your perspectives for the said problem ??
ashthedivx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2008, 14:01   #134
BHPian
 
Gangsta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 622
Thanked: Once
Default

lol guess what it is a small problem?

Sparkplugs had been changed. But these gas tuners increases or decreases the gap in the spark plugs (i really don't remember what they do). Due to which backfire occurs.

Company guys will put spark plugin acc. to the petrol, Also, you need to retune your lamda sensor from the CNG guys. I hope will sort out your problem.

If it was an O2 sensor problem, then there wont be a backfire problem. But you will highly loose your acceleration. Also, if O2 sensor lived up its life then tuner wouldnt had fixed the problem for the O2 sensor. It happens because of the fact that ECU sometimes feels that there is no fuel circulation. it is common.

When did you decarb your engine last time? it should be done after 15-20k km especially in the CNG cars due to the residual deposition because of CNG.
Gangsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2008, 14:17   #135
Senior - BHPian
 
ashthedivx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Delhi
Posts: 1,351
Thanked: 22 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gangsta View Post
Sparkplugs had been changed. But these gas tuners increases or decreases the gap in the spark plugs (i really don't remember what they do). Due to which backfire occurs.
Gap wasn't touched by the Installer but that what was my instruction, as i had removed my previous spark plugs due to less gap and regular carbon formation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gangsta View Post
Company guys will put spark plugin acc. to the petrol, Also, you need to retune your lamda sensor from the CNG guys. I hope will sort out your problem.
Hmm... might be a wild cause

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gangsta View Post
If it was an O2 sensor problem, then there wont be a backfire problem. But you will highly loose your acceleration. Also, if O2 sensor lived up its life then tuner wouldnt had fixed the problem for the O2 sensor. It happens because of the fact that ECU sometimes feels that there is no fuel circulation. it is common.
Then how come everything goes fine once ecu is re-setted ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gangsta View Post
When did you decarb your engine last time? it should be done after 15-20k km especially in the CNG cars due to the residual deposition because of CNG.
Engine was decarbed recently at 60K service.
ashthedivx is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
CNG Oil Change - Regular or any CNG specials? panky12345 Technical Stuff 5 20th May 2016 11:56
Wagon R LXI CNG Vs Wagon R VXI + CNG Kit ajay387 Hatchbacks 37 7th October 2013 22:54
Company Workhorse : New Eeco 5 seater CNG or Used Dzire + CNG kit? NMM What Car? 2 4th February 2013 19:29
Swift Lxi (CNG Fitted) vs Santro GLS (CNG) coolaxe Hatchbacks 18 28th June 2012 16:58


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 06:30.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks