Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12th February 2009, 22:00   #286
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: PNQ-HKG-SZX
Posts: 1,238
Thanked: 18 Times
Default

BBS ! Why dont you go for an entire FFE setup? rather than just the muffler alone. I think the muffler alone will not give you any marginal improvements in performance. I suggest you go for an FFE with 3x2x1 header setup along with intermediate pipes,muffler(stainless steel) and tail end can. In my opinion an after market bolt-on muffler does not add to the performance.
VJ_MAVRICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2009, 22:35   #287
Senior - BHPian
 
badboyscad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: TN
Posts: 1,444
Thanked: 154 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VJ_MAVRICK View Post
BBS ! Why dont you go for an entire FFE setup? rather than just the muffler alone.
Muffler alone for now due to moolah constraints(due to tire and wheels change), FFE will follow in a month or two.

And one more doubt, if i buy a muffler with 2 or 2.25 inch inlet, can it be fitted to the OE silencer piping(which is a little less than 1.5 inch in diameter) using some pipe reducer(like the one shown below)?

Name:  pipereducer2.jpg
Views: 3673
Size:  2.7 KB

Also, please answer the below quoted question from post #284.

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboyscad View Post

I see two mufflers in the alto. Does the one, circled in red needs to be removed in order to fit an aftermarket muffler?

Attachment 99725
badboyscad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2009, 00:03   #288
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: PNQ-HKG-SZX
Posts: 1,238
Thanked: 18 Times
Default

Ok Fine and I think you can get a bolt on muffler fitted, but I still suggest that its always better to go with the entire FFE setup (Headers, Auxiliary Muffler in some cases, Intermediate pipes, Expansion chamber, Muffler and the Tail end can)

Regarding two mufflers you are talking about, most cars come fitted with the Cat Con, Auxilary muffler right after the header manifold and then down to the expansion chamber and intermediate pipes to the stainless steel muffler followed by the end can. The one that you have circled is the OE muffler itself and I think you can get it removed and get a sporty muffler, but i suggest you take the advise of experts here.
VJ_MAVRICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2009, 00:25   #289
Senior - BHPian
 
amit_mechengg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Pune
Posts: 2,411
Thanked: 1,541 Times
Default

i dont think its a good idea to get the muffler alone. i dont think it will serve any performance upgrade rather that sporty sound. and i think the end cans and mufflers will also cost a lot if you go for a reputed brand.
instead go for a complete FFE for around 6k. the whole design will compliment each other. you will get headers, expansion chamber, intermediate pipes, muffler end can and the tail pipe.

@VJ MAVRICK, can you please explain 3X2X1 headers? i was looking for them but all tuners say that 3X1 is the way to go for an alto.
i am getting the FFE done next week.
amit_mechengg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2009, 09:24   #290
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: PNQ-HKG-SZX
Posts: 1,238
Thanked: 18 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg View Post
i dont think its a good idea to get the muffler alone. i dont think it will serve any performance upgrade rather that sporty sound. and i think the end cans and mufflers will also cost a lot if you go for a reputed brand.
instead go for a complete FFE for around 6k. the whole design will compliment each other. you will get headers, expansion chamber, intermediate pipes, muffler end can and the tail pipe.

@VJ MAVRICK, can you please explain 3X2X1 headers? i was looking for them but all tuners say that 3X1 is the way to go for an alto.
i am getting the FFE done next week.
Sorry Amit its a 3x1 headers only for a 3 cylinder engine like BBS has. That was a typo and are you going with Automech itself?

Coming back to the idea of changing the OE muffler to a sporty one, even I am of the same opinion as Amit as instead of shelling out for just the muffler, go for the entire FFE unit and that would be a good VFM.
VJ_MAVRICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2009, 11:08   #291
BHPian
 
im_srini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Portland
Posts: 956
Thanked: 369 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboyscad View Post
I see two mufflers in the alto. Does the one, circled in red needs to be removed in order to fit an aftermarket muffler ?
The first one near the shifter is the cat, the one you've circled is the muffler. Hope the following pic helps.

Modding an Alto-alto_exhaust_0.jpg

If you go with a custom end-can, they will not have the 'kink' in the tail-pipe to clear the rear axle (Remus however makes an end-can for the Wagon-R that allows this). Otherwise, your best bet would be to get a custom end-can & install it differently - for example, like this.

Name:  End_Can_0.jpg
Views: 3847
Size:  119.7 KB
im_srini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2009, 14:59   #292
Senior - BHPian
 
amit_mechengg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Pune
Posts: 2,411
Thanked: 1,541 Times
Default

alto modded. please refer the thread below.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...h-viper-7.html
amit_mechengg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2009, 14:23   #293
BANNED
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Ludhiana
Posts: 706
Thanked: 41 Times
Default

hi,
its been long sicne i dint do anything on my alto, so i decided to get my door frames painte to solid black like any other lancer, corolla, cedia etc etc.

here are the pics.

this looks more wicked in the evening as the tints looks more darker
Attached Thumbnails
Modding an Alto-dsc02774-copy.jpg  

Modding an Alto-dsc02780-copy.jpg  

Modding an Alto-dsc02781-copy.jpg  

Modding an Alto-dsc02782-copy.jpg  

Modding an Alto-dsc02783-copy.jpg  

Modding an Alto-dsc02784-copy.jpg  

Modding an Alto-dsc02785-copy.jpg  

Modding an Alto-dsc02788-copy.jpg  

monty9991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2009, 15:12   #294
Senior - BHPian
 
badboyscad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: TN
Posts: 1,444
Thanked: 154 Times
Default

@monty : I was looking forward to the same thing on my alto too. Thanks for giving me an idea of how it looks. It looks very nice.
badboyscad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2009, 15:28   #295
BANNED
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Ludhiana
Posts: 706
Thanked: 41 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboyscad View Post
@monty : It looks very nice.
thanks dude!
i was planing to have black tape on it. but want the glossy look, so i went with the paint option.
monty9991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2009, 15:47   #296
Senior - BHPian
 
amit_mechengg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Pune
Posts: 2,411
Thanked: 1,541 Times
Default

nice one monty, however i think that the alloys dont stand out. atleast the outer lip of the alloy should be chrome. only the circle.
amit_mechengg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2009, 16:10   #297
Senior - BHPian
 
rjstyles69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Bengalooru..
Posts: 4,345
Thanked: 790 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by monty9991 View Post
thanks dude!
i was planing to have black tape on it. but want the glossy look, so i went with the paint option.
Had done this with my older alto in 2004 and yes you get matt black decals. Looked impressive and needs to be done correctly and carefully. Luckily had a friend at my disposal who was into designing graphics for automobile's.

Last edited by rjstyles69 : 20th April 2009 at 16:11.
rjstyles69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2009, 15:32   #298
BANNED
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Ludhiana
Posts: 706
Thanked: 41 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg View Post
nice one monty, however i think that the alloys dont stand out. atleast the outer lip of the alloy should be chrome. only the circle.
i also though of it but it will not work as the spokes are on the outer lip of the rim. if it had been inside the outerlip then i would certainly go for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
Had done this with my older alto in 2004 and yes you get matt black decals. Looked impressive and needs to be done correctly and carefully. Luckily had a friend at my disposal who was into designing graphics for automobile's.
yeah but getting it painted was not that hard. just removed the rubber around the frame and macked the rest of the parts and painted to solid black glossy color.
monty9991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2009, 14:16   #299
Senior - BHPian
 
amit_mechengg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Pune
Posts: 2,411
Thanked: 1,541 Times
Default

here is a bit on my alto. though i dont have alloys, i just took an innovative idea of better wheels from a zen here on the forum. i tried hard searching the chrome trims in pune, but couldnt find one. finally i requested our forum member ImranShahnawaz from bangalore to buy them for me there and courier it to me.
i am very thankful to him for his efforts to find a rare set of 12" chrome trims for me. i painted my rims matte black and then put these trims.
Attached Thumbnails
Modding an Alto-sdc11387.jpg  

amit_mechengg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2009, 15:03   #300
BANNED
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Ludhiana
Posts: 706
Thanked: 41 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg View Post
here is a bit on my alto. though i dont have alloys, i just took an innovative idea of better wheels from a zen here on the forum. i tried hard searching the chrome trims in pune, but couldnt find one. finally i requested our forum member ImranShahnawaz from bangalore to buy them for me there and courier it to me.
i am very thankful to him for his efforts to find a rare set of 12" chrome trims for me. i painted my rims matte black and then put these trims.
i like the chrome ring around the rims.
now time for "B" pillar to be balckend

EDIT : sorry guys i forgot to mention that i switch to swift's side markers on ther fenders. check that in the pics above.

Last edited by monty9991 : 23rd April 2009 at 15:04.
monty9991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Modding a Tempo Trax VooDoo Modifications & Accessories 24 25th March 2009 18:51
guys from Bangalore help me (modding accessories) samybravo Motorbikes 3 12th August 2008 15:35
modding the heavens out from esteem veyron1 Modifications & Accessories 30 21st December 2007 16:07
Car Modding in Cochin? psynaps3 Modifications & Accessories 17 9th April 2006 21:57
buying a Zen for modding zen-ith Modifications & Accessories 25 27th February 2006 12:22


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 13:15.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks