Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Closed Thread
Old 27th March 2008, 12:39   #1
Senior - BHPian
Default info on import duty

Hi, Can anyone tell me what would be the import duty on parts like turbos, intercoolers, brake-kit, alloys and others, if import done from UK and US? What is the percentage of duty charged on these? Is the duty based their invoice price ?

Thank you.

MODS: Did a search couldn't find much info on this.
Old 27th March 2008, 15:02   #2

if you are buying used stuff then ask the shipper to declare the parcel as "Used spare part not for sale" and it should not have problem. I have bought a lot of parts inlcuding heavy items for my bikes from ebay and it reached me without problem. Sometimes the shipment might take two months.

For new items if they are small then normally it gets through but if its big, do not write teh actual value on it and you should be able to manage. I might be wrong here. My two cents though
Old 28th March 2008, 00:24   #3
Team-BHP Support

Originally Posted by Invinsible View Post
MODS: Did a search couldn't find much info on this.

A search for import duty parts gave me a page full of threads, including these :

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...r-scratch.html (Building Car From Scratch)

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...uto-parts.html (Import duty on auto parts?)

Closed Thread