Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 9th April 2008, 21:26   #106
BHPian

I can imagine the situation as thus;

You to your collegue (upon seeing Vikram's car): "Wow, you know, thats my friends car and you know what again? Its a turbo charged, doing...blah..blah..blah...psi of boost..Blah...blah...blah...blah...blah...with an intercooler...blah..blah.blah...B.O.V...blah..blah .isnt that great!!

She:"Huh? My Dad also drives a swift and by the way whats a Turbo??

Im dying just imagining the scene.[/quote]

dude thats what happens to me when i try explaining things to my better half

showed her psycos car took a ride was so excited and when i ate her head till we reaced home telling her about turbo and blah blah.. and all she said after listening to me was be happy with what you have....

and i felt like talking to a cow(sorry dear if you see this but thats how i felt)
alias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2008, 21:35   #107
BHPian

Smile

hahaha cow i hope my significant other (whenever that happens) appreciates my love for turbos even if she can't understand em
jassi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2008, 21:52   #108
Senior - BHPian

They start in the following order
- scream and shout in fear
- squirm and gulp
- keep their eyes closed
- get used to it

but remember the golden rule never take them out on a non turbo else it starts again from the beginning. (sorry wifey but thats how it has been with me) ;-)
Psycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2008, 23:45   #109
Senior - BHPian

I had a tough time explaining a replacement filter. I dont even want to try Turbo.

Actually I just turned around and explained that I will be meeting you guys and that I wanted to see Vikram's TC Swift.

Here was my explanation of a turbo.... "its the thing that makes the hissing sound in the Scorpio and will make a petrol car go really fast."

Answer - "Okay, go!"
IronWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2008, 23:52   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronWolf View Post
I had a tough time explaining a replacement filter. I dont even want to try Turbo.

Actually I just turned around and explained that I will be meeting you guys and that I wanted to see Vikram's TC Swift.

Here was my explanation of a turbo.... "its the thing that makes the hissing sound in the Scorpio and will make a petrol car go really fast."

Answer - "Okay, go!"

hahahahahah.................the best explaination ever

i tried but failed

way to go dude
Old 10th April 2008, 02:31   #111
BHPian

Talking Dating Issues Faced by Car Lovers!!! [Vol 1]

Well I'm glad I don't have to go through that with my girlfriend...No, not that she knows anything about cars. She just knows not to come between me and my cars!

It's sad, she keeps complaining that I love my cars more than her, and would choose them over her everytime...It's sad, but ever so true

But I did discuss an engine swap with her, and her response was "If your current engine is working then why change it?" I explained that I want more power and that I wanted to import the engine...She said "OK then why are you stressing. Don't do any shopping this summer and bring it back with you when you go to the states" [She wanted me to check-in an engine ]
When I told her the engine was 200 Kgs, She flipped!!! She has a Swift and didn't know it weighed more than a ton!!!

Wonder what will happen if I were to explain to her the concept of a turbo?!
DocG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2008, 08:04   #112
Senior - BHPian

LOL..nice to see some humour going on in this thread.

Luckily I had no such problems with my better half as she likes fast cars. But explaining what a turbo does was a lot more difficult.
vikram_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2008, 11:40   #113
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by madan80 View Post
was just wondering, the Swift D has a turbo with an intercooler. can the same design be implemented across while plugging in the same into the petrol?
Its possible to incorporate the swift D intercooler onto a petrol swift. Plumbing may vary slightly. The intercoolers are available for around 8k IIRC.

Rest of you: Stop cribbing! Get yourselves a wife/gf who has/is doing engineering . Makes things a lot more easier. Been there done that. Now when someone asks me what weight transfer, turbocharging, or any mod on a car is about, I point to her and ask her to explain .

This tuesday I had been to Nandi Hills for a drive. She finds coasting at 120kmph is drab and boring. Only wish the swift had better tires. Vikram, I totally understand your POV. Having better halves who are avid car lovers is a blessing in disguise.
mclaren1885 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2008, 12:10   #114
Senior - BHPian

Hey Vikram, Congratulations on your Turbo Swift. Like everyone has mentioned earlier, probably the best part about it is the utter Reliability.

OT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
This tuesday I had been to Nandi Hills for a drive. She finds coasting at 120kmph is drab and boring. Only wish the swift had better tires. Vikram, I totally understand your POV. Having better halves who are avid car lovers is a blessing in disguise.
Absolutely agree here. My wifey is almost as big a car-nut as I am. A few days back she saw a Bentley in a Hotel Porch when she was with my Mum-Dad. Later in the evening when we caught up with each other - she was going on and on for a whole 10 minutes about the SEXY alloys and the massive size of the Car.

Latest update is that she's looking forward to me getting Lowering Springs on my OHC. And I recently got gifted these chopsticks and Keyrings ..

Name:  40158.jpg
Views: 1170
Size:  7.8 KB Name:  40081.jpg
Views: 1181
Size:  7.8 KB

Last edited by manveet : 10th April 2008 at 12:16.
manveet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2008, 13:31   #115
BHPian

Originally Posted by IronWolf (My Turbocharged Swift - narrated by Vikram_D)
We really need to see (and listen) your car in action. hope you coming to Jayamahal this Saturday night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram_d View Post

I will be there.
What time and where exactly is this happening? would be there for sure.
raghuram.cg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2008, 14:26   #116
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghuram.cg View Post
What time and where exactly is this happening? would be there for sure.
look into this thread
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-b...2th-april.html
brraj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2008, 15:19   #117
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho View Post
They start in the following order
- scream and shout in fear
- squirm and gulp
- keep their eyes closed
- get used to it
Adding to the list above : A biiiiiiiiiiiig ear to ear grin that is tough to wipe off even hours after the drive.
n_aditya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2008, 15:43   #118
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by brraj View Post
Oh thanks Raj, missed the thread
Been a really long time, meet you up there and your crazy ride.
Sorry for going OT.
raghuram.cg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2008, 17:18   #119
Senior - BHPian

Try explaining why you cannot fill at the petrol pump near your house, and must drive 5 km out of the way to make sure your baby gets the right food. Or why it's just rained, so you would like it if she could take off her shoes before she gets in. Or maybe just get her car, because it's rained and you've just gotten a nice thorough wash done.
v1p3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2008, 21:15   #120
BHPian

Absolutely agree here. My wifey is almost as big a car-nut as I am. A few days back she saw a Bentley in a Hotel Porch when she was with my Mum-Dad. Later in the evening when we caught up with each other - she was going on and on for a whole 10 minutes about the SEXY alloys and the massive size of the Car.

Latest update is that she's looking forward to me getting Lowering Springs on my OHC. And I recently got gifted these chopsticks and Keyrings ..

Attachment 7505 Attachment 7507[/quote]

dude one word fop you "LUCKY"