Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 6th April 2008, 13:54   #1
BHPian

Smile Mitsubishi Cedia Sports "Psychoed!"

Hi guys,

Well , it was a plunge that some time or the other, I knew I had to take. A plunge into the dark side..hehe.

Yes, when I met Psycho on Monday after talking to him over the phone about installing headers into my Cedia, I instantly had feeling, this is gonna rock. Well when I picked up my car from the garage on Saturday , boy was i wrong!

It didn't just rock...It drove me insane!!!!!!! My car and me, well...we just got "Psychoed!". A neat a job was done on installation of the headers, I have gained phenomenal increase in torque and a very notable increase in power at about 4000 rpm upwards. Vasu's idea to chrome plate the headers with hard chrome, added the touch too.

I must admit, everything from the time the vehicle was left at the garage till the time it was delivered to me was so well taken care of(full marks to vasu and gang at the garage) and at the end of the day I am one very satisfied chap out here, because I got exactly what I wanted. A daily drivable car, thats made even more drivable, with a streak of the dark side, so when messed up with, boy am I game! Also I would like to add, I didnt want my muffler to roar but still gain good mid rage power...And thats exactly how my baby got "psychoed!"

Thank you so much Psycho. I definitely owe u one pal.

Pics:
Mitsubishi Cedia Sports "Psychoed!"-dsc01847-copy.jpg <a href=Mitsubishi Cedia Sports "Psychoed!"-dsc01848-copy.jpg <a href=Mitsubishi Cedia Sports "Psychoed!"-dsc01851-copy.jpg <a href=Mitsubishi Cedia Sports "Psychoed!"-dsc01850-copy.jpg <a href=Mitsubishi Cedia Sports "Psychoed!"-untitled1.jpg   <div style=

Last edited by Torqueguru : 6th April 2008 at 14:11.
Torqueguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2008, 13:58   #2
BHPian

Congrats on the headers and enjoy the Mitsubishi stallion.
I just love it looks, now what about some exterior mods??????
esteemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2008, 14:03   #3
BHPian

Well, no plans for now.
Old 6th April 2008, 14:09   #4
Senior - BHPian

how about uploading a video of the exhaust note?

congrats TG - i am sure you will have a ball of a time with your car. take care and drive safe.
planet_rocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2008, 14:13   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by planet_rocker View Post
how about uploading a video of the exhaust note?

congrats TG - i am sure you will have a ball of a time with your car. take care and drive safe.
The exhaust note is just the same, no change in it. Thats how I wanted it. I stay in a place where there are lots of families put up, so thought of going for silent performance

Yes, I sure will take care and drive safe!
Old 6th April 2008, 14:20   #6
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Torqueguru! Enjoy the Q!
The engine bay looks absolutely wikked!!!
If you don't mind my asking, how much did the entire project cost?
shuvd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2008, 14:21   #7
Senior - BHPian

That was a sudden move and silent move too.Liked it and congrats buddie.Hope to see you in some of the Cochin meets i suppose.Post a detailed initial impression buddie.
ram
ram_hyundai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2008, 14:37   #8
BHPian

Those chrome headers look absolutely delicious, clean engine bay too. I like the way you have put the registration numbers on the RHS of the front bumper.

Neat Cedia....congratulations!
GTO - Touring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2008, 14:48   #9
BHPian

wow congrats looks very nice.
pawan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2008, 15:08   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram_hyundai View Post
That was a sudden move and silent move too.Liked it and congrats buddie.Hope to see you in some of the Cochin meets i suppose.Post a detailed initial impression buddie.
ram
Hi Ram,

Detailed Initial Impression:
Awesome Awesome Awesome Awesome Awesome Awesome Awesome Awesome Awesome Awesome Awesome Awesome Awesome Awesome Awesome Awesome Awesome Awesome Awesome Awesome ..............and even more awesome!!!!

Detailed next impression :
What is amazing is the awesome amount of torque gain. I was able to stop the car, shift it to third gear and throttle off without a niggle. That was a first timer for me!

First gear maxes out at 50, second at 90, third at 140, fourth at 180, by that time road got over(Anyhow this car is not about how fast u can go, its more about handling, with the extra torque, now cornering is more assuring)! Its become way more drivable now coz of that extra torque. I have not messed with the muffler though, its stock, I am not too keen on having it very loud actually. You are right, i prefer the silent route.

I am at Bangalore actually, very rarely only in Cochin these days bro.(by the way I have seen your car with the Tbhp windscreen when I was driving from from Varkala to Kayamkulam in my uncle's Ikon, last month.
Regards,
TG.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO - Touring View Post
Those chrome headers look absolutely delicious, clean engine bay too. I like the way you have put the registration numbers on the RHS of the front bumper.

Neat Cedia....congratulations!
Hi GTO,
Well, I just got fined by the cops yesterday for that...might have to change it soon i guess.
Regards,
TG.

Last edited by Zappo : 6th April 2008 at 21:06. Reason: Use the Edit button in the 1st 20 mins to add to your posts. Successive posts merged.
Old 6th April 2008, 15:34   #11
Senior - BHPian

Headers look yummy! Do they change colour when really hot? Noticed that in a friend's car.
Slightly OT, but won't that filter be sucking in a lot of hot air? Maybe you could fabricate a heat shield of sorts to channelize the air coming in from the front air inlet that the Cedia has, and also to keep the engine heat away to some extent.
razor4077 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2008, 15:45   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by razor4077 View Post
Headers look yummy! Do they change colour when really hot? Noticed that in a friend's car.
Slightly OT, but won't that filter be sucking in a lot of hot air? Maybe you could fabricate a heat shield of sorts to channelize the air coming in from the front air inlet that the Cedia has, and also to keep the engine heat away to some extent.
Hi razor,
They do change colors, in fact they already have. Will post pics soon. I know about the heat issue, I have put a shield in front of the rad if you notice, I am looking to put the air inlet to good use....soon
Regards,
TG.
Old 6th April 2008, 15:50   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torqueguru View Post
Hi razor,
They do change colors, in fact they already have. Will post pics soon. I know about the heat issue, I have put a shield in front of the rad if you notice, I am looking to put the air inlet to good use....soon
Regards,
TG.
I smell forced induction.

Do pay careful attention to heat shield design. I have seen some to restrict airflow. Not the best of trade offs.
ported_head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2008, 15:51   #14
Senior - BHPian

It's nice to know that the headers alone have made such a big difference is the torque. That goes to show what well designed headers can really do . The headers look great alright, but the real test is the performance gain, which seems more than satisfactory.

Cheers
Ricky_63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2008, 15:58   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ported_head View Post
I smell forced induction.

Do pay careful attention to heat shield design. I have seen some to restrict airflow. Not the best of trade offs.
Hi,
could you please elaborate?
Regards,
TG.