Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 19th May 2008, 00:13   #76
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yayaati View Post
Projector headlights are normal lights with one distinct difference. There is a glass or heavy duty plastic sphere right in front of the light bulb. This serves the purpose of distributing the light evenly in front of the car creating a type of light horizon. When you get the projector lights, you will notice the light covering every square inch in front of your car, they are really nice to have, When the high beams come on, the "sphere" is moved slightly making the light horizon slightly higher.

hope you got my point !!! reflectors focus on only one particular area but projectors don't!

Why we get 3 times more light in projectors than the normal reflector light when we use the same HID's or bulbs in them !
I am still confused.... According to what you have said above, a projector setup should provide better lighting as compared to a normal HID kit, hence better visibility. But in your earlier post, you said that you had a tough time driving in the rain because of the projector setup. Could you please clarify this? The reason I am asking is because I have a hi+low HID kit on my Baleno. Even though driving in the rain at night isnt such a pain, I was under the impression that a projector setup would enhance the visibility, which is why I am thinking about it.

Also, I understand from your post that you also have both hi and low beams in the projector setup and that whn the high beams come on, the "sphere" is moved slightly to give the hi beam. But in the setup that I have, the whole holder and the bulb moves backward and forward to give the hi and low beam. Is it possible to use the HID kit that I have with the projector kit that you sourced or is there a different projector kit available for this?

Sorry for the long post!
leodelg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2008, 14:31   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by leodelg View Post
I am still confused.... According to what you have said above, a projector setup should provide better lighting as compared to a normal HID kit, hence better visibility. But in your earlier post, you said that you had a tough time driving in the rain because of the projector setup. Could you please clarify this? The reason I am asking is because I have a hi+low HID kit on my Baleno. Even though driving in the rain at night isn't such a pain, I was under the impression that a projector setup would enhance the visibility, which is why I am thinking about it.

Also, I understand from your post that you also have both hi and low beams in the projector setup and that when the high beams come on, the "sphere" is moved slightly to give the hi beam. But in the setup that I have, the whole holder and the bulb moves backward and forward to give the hi and low beam. Is it possible to use the HID kit that I have with the projector kit that you sourced or is there a different projector kit available for this?

Sorry for the long post!
yup!! i said that the visibility has increased 3 times!!

Now explaining the point u stated above !!!

Reflectors always focus on a particular area and projectors spread the light upto 3 times but in best manner!!!

As i am using 8000k which is bluish in color so as the lower kelvin bulb will overrun on my light !(hope you have read the prism in physics in school where a light when passes through a prism can make rainbow VIBGYOR and this is how HID n projectors work)

I have 8000k in headlight so when i drive in rain it doesn't have much visibility , but having 6000k in fog lights the visibility was good enough fr seeing the roads and all !! --- the conclusion is that if i had 4300k HID in my headlight so the visibility would be much better

HID light sources also produce a blue-white light that is safer because it is closer to natural daylight. The color temperature of daylight is approximately 4200 K compared to 3200 K for halogens. The increased light output from a 35 watt XENON HID lamp is approximately 80% more light then a 55 watt halogen bulb.
Color Temperature is a measurement in Degrees Kelvin that indicates the hue of a specific type of light source. Many people believe the misconception that color temperature is a rating of the brightness of the bulb or HID kit. This belief is completely false. The reality of the matter is that the higher the color temperature, the less useable light output you will obtain. A perfect example would be a black light. This light has a color temperature of approx 12,000k and has almost no usable light or lumen's output. Higher K kits such as 7000k, 7500k, etc. have been manufactured for individuals that are more concerned about the actual color output of their lights as opposed to the actual usable light output they produce.

If u still has doubts make a thread or give me the link to any type of thread like this i will explain the details over there !!

the pic source

True HID CONVERSION High Intensity Discharge
Thanks
Attached Images

Last edited by yayaati : 19th May 2008 at 14:33.
yayaati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2008, 01:53   #78
BHPian

Question Changing the title - how to do it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by yayaati View Post
Hi Guys,

One of my friend has a Santro 2003 model (ZipPlus), since I have a swift and have projector lights he got facinated and since no after market projector lights is available for santro.
The title of your thread is "Project SANTRO Projectors - Successful - Pics on Page 3"

Obviously you changed the original title when you uploded the pictures. How did you do it? I wish to change the title of one of my threads. advice.
Murugan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2008, 02:38   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murugan View Post
The title of your thread is "Project SANTRO Projectors - Successful - Pics on Page 3"

Obviously you changed the original title when you uploded the pictures. How did you do it? I wish to change the title of one of my threads. advice.

I think the MOD'S have the control the change it,so you need to request them
noidaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2008, 12:29   #80
BHPian

That's an awesome work done !!

I would really appreciate it but some how u missed angel eyes!!

It would look great on this if there's an angel eye!!

I can make one for you with no charge if you help me getting the projecotrs fitted!!
Attached Thumbnails
Project SANTRO Projectors - Successful - Pics on Page 3-getattachment.aspx.jpg  

smokin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2008, 20:29   #81
BHPian

Question

AS i was using 8000k HID and that too by doing jugad on H8 bulbs to be working as D2S bulbs ,the light was not up to the mark which i was expecting for the projectors , so was making out sources for getting a
4300k D2S HID 55W one and today i got the oppurtunity to get yhands on it !!!

Just cam back at i must say it was amazing lighting and all in 4300k HID !!

Let the pics do the justice

(these are taken by mobile cam so the clarity is not that good but in real you can see a world)
Attached Thumbnails
Project SANTRO Projectors - Successful - Pics on Page 3-picture-002.jpg  

Project SANTRO Projectors - Successful - Pics on Page 3-picture-003.jpg  

Project SANTRO Projectors - Successful - Pics on Page 3-picture-001.jpg  

smokin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2008, 23:15   #82

Quote:
Originally Posted by anish9000 View Post
I too installed projectors in my fiesta. These are W211 projectors. Just opened the headlamps, cut the reflectors, set the right angle, screwed the projectors on the plastic (casing) body. I did not have to do any such finishing as I had the decorative cover (outer ring) too.
Simply awesome...
dude would it void warranty for any reason??
Joshua.911 is offline   Reply With Quote