Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 30th June 2009, 15:19   #61
BHPian

If you are smart enough to take it off when you take it to the ASC, nothing. Else if they see it on the truck.. bye bye warranty
prabhuav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2009, 17:25   #62
Senior - BHPian

I wonder if it is DIY install & remove at will....

The number of issues I have already had and got them rectified under warranty I am not sure it is worth the risk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhuav View Post
If you are smart enough to take it off when you take it to the ASC, nothing. Else if they see it on the truck.. bye bye warranty

Last edited by m_upreti : 30th June 2009 at 17:26.
m_upreti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2009, 16:02   #63

Default Need help for Petes box in Kolkata

Hi Guys, I own a Scorpio 2.6CRDE LX since 2008 Jan. I am very happy with my Scorpio. As I do a lot of travel in bad roads and hilly terrains sometimes it feels a bit sluggish in the hilly terrain with full load. I was wondering if the putting the Pete's box helps me increase some power in terms of torque & bhp and increase the drivability.

I am in Kolkata and wanted help in terms of getting the pete's box here. Can any one please help on the same by providing contact numbers or any other details to me.

Thanks in advance.

You can check some pictures of my scorpio here : Picasa Web Albums - Yesterday - Wheels of Desire
chitranshu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2010, 22:10   #64
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Default About -3 seconds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by indra_slk View Post
Planing to install a petes on my captiva. Any idea what 0-100 difference is?
P-Tronic additional box-units :: power kit ::engine chips :: diesel chips :: power box-units :: diesel tuning :: power box-unit :: chiptuning :: increase engine power :: diesel booster :: TDI tuning :: additional box-unit (NEW)

This site gives you the torque curve for a similar engine with a different tuning box but I forgot the exact link in the site. Rummage around and you should get it.
drpullockaran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2010, 15:42   #65
Senior - BHPian

the Scorpio in its stock avatar can hit 150kmph as I recently found out - but it is a frightening experience because mine has no ABS nor Airbags and anyway is an SUV with a high CG and hence, not supposed to be driven at such speeds.

I wonder what will the Pete's box do to me and my normally responsible thought processes if I were to install one in the Scorp.

Also - the ride quality in the Scorp in the back seat is a bit bumpy and sways about unless one is securely strapped in. What will happen to ride comfort with the addition of pete's box?

Next, I have read lots on this thread about Bilstein Shocks and so on, but wont the addition of all this interfere seriously with the stock suspension setup?

I am 100% sure that the warranty/extended warranty will be voided if all these things were to be installed.

Would look to Mr Behram and other Mahindra Experts for inputs on this please!
shankar.balan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2010, 22:10   #66
BHPian

Has any one use Bilstein suspension on M Hawk engine ? Is there any significant changes in the ride quality ???
Ranga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2010, 22:27   #67
BHPian

Hey

I got a thread where one our BHP ians has already used the Bilstein suspensions on the old Scorpio

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...uspension.html (Upgrade options for Scorpio's suspension ?)

Check this out ....
Ranga is offline   Reply With Quote