Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 22nd April 2008, 07:11   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocG View Post
Dude I doubt that just a CAI and a FFE would be enough to satiate your cousin's Need For Speed. You'd probably also want a new ECU to get that extra 12bhp right off the bat...Then again that's just me

Doc
You are right. It will just make the car peppy enough, not that need for speed kind of. How abt a Tri-Phase in Honda City?
Gangsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2008, 01:12   #17
BHPian

hey you can pm rdkarthik,he's got a bolt on turbo kit from hks for the honda L15a engine both vtec & non-vtec,the turbo kit can be upgraded according to your liking to run higher boost,the basic setup runs 6psi and you can push it upto 9psi on stock internal's,by adding the hks bigger intercooler and oil cooler kit,all of this combined with the race dynamics ecu should do wonder's for you,hks also has bolt-on coil over suspension for the same,hope i could help,cheers,happy revving..!
dragger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2008, 01:19   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragger View Post
hey you can pm rdkarthik,he's got a bolt on turbo kit from hks for the honda L15a engine both vtec & non-vtec,the turbo kit can be upgraded according to your liking to run higher boost,the basic setup runs 6psi and you can push it upto 9psi on stock internal's,by adding the hks bigger intercooler and oil cooler kit,all of this combined with the race dynamics ecu should do wonder's for you,hks also has bolt-on coil over suspension for the same,hope i could help,cheers,happy revving..!
wht are the costs of these again. if lak plus then the same story of should have got a vtec starts again. i dont know why every car and car parts and bikes cost the sky here. i hate the freaking duty crap india has. its not like india has the best roads or anything still charge so much tax and blah blah for everything u do.
jesal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2008, 03:30   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesal View Post
wht are the costs of these again. if lak plus then the same story of should have got a vtec starts again. i dont know why every car and car parts and bikes cost the sky here. i hate the freaking duty crap india has. its not like india has the best roads or anything still charge so much tax and blah blah for everything u do.
Probably around 2 lakhs [Mostly more] HKS parts command a higher price than say a custom turbo build using a Garrett...

Well the duties charged are so full of crap...Then there's the shipping charges, and let's not forget that all the dealers/tuners need to make some sort of a margin

As for the roads, well true, but that still doesn't deter those who want more...you always want more
DocG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2008, 21:14   #20
BHPian

hey about the prices i guess it would be better if you get in touch with karthik himself,its a brilliant kit and as already mentioned to you duties,freight and distributor comission's do add up,as of now are import policies are not so liberal in our country so i guess we have to make do with it,cheers,happy revving..!
dragger is offline   Reply With Quote