Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Closed Thread
Old 25th April 2008, 18:46   #1
Default Wagon R to 'Little Devil'

Hi, have a Wagon R (LXI - Colour Ocean Blue), bought in August 2006. Have got the stock air filter changed to a pipercross (bought from N1 racing and installed by Automech). Have also changed to NGK iridium spark plugs. These little add ons did improve the performance and the fuel economy, but i am still not satisfied with the performance, the handling, and the severe road vibrations that come from the tyres while driving at speeds above 100 kph. Besides the car has started making various noises from the door panels, the dashboard etc which is really annoying me.

I feel the car has potential to be further refined in terms of performance and handling as well, i do not wish to change the vehicle for at least next 3-4 years. I need help to actually turn my car into a super smooth slick
machine and get the best out of it. I travel a lot in city and highways as well. I frequently travel to Pune, but last couple of my trips I seriously felt the need of upgrading the car. I really like this car, and would like to take it to a different level altogether. I wouldn't like to change the stock look of it, but would definitely like to upgrade to mag wheels and fat tyres.

I have a list which i have in my mind regarding the upgrades, please advise me on the same:

1) Air filter (do i need to change to K&N - Viper had seen it long back and advised me to go for K&N, but i couldn't make up my mind)

2) Engine: The engine doesn't rev freely (That's what i feel)

3) FFE and headers: Do i need to go for them

4) Tyres: They are stock 145/60 Jk's, i would like them to be fatter like 165 or 175

5) Mag Wheels: I always wanted to have white mag wheels, just like the rally cars, i think they look really cool.

6) Sound insulation in the car: It's really irritating sometimes that i feel as if one of the windows are open as i hear sounds of other vehicles.

7) Suspension: There are lot of 'thuds' coming from the underbody as if there are no shock absorbers.

Any extra suggestions are welcome, please advise me on getting it really perfect the way I would like it to be and enjoy the 'little devil' even more.

Also, where can i get all this done in Mumbai, I have met Viper in the past, and it was really nice talking to him. If you are reading this Viper - Thanks for spending time with me and sorry for not getting in touch with you again, as I was caught up in other commitments.

This is the first time I am posting a thread on Team-BHP, and it is a really long one!
Old 25th April 2008, 18:59   #2
Team-BHP Support

This article: Team-BHP - The Definitive Indian Car Community - On Modifying - How to Modify / Tune your car will be useful.

Thread closed.
Closed Thread