Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 6th May 2008, 11:02   #1
BHPian

Default Modding Maruti Versa, Need HELP!!!

Hi Guys,

I have a 4 yr old Maruti Versa, which is not being used much at my place. The resale value of Versa is pathetic, so am looking for some great modification idea, so that I can drive the vehicle and feel great about riding it.

The car has been run about 40K kms, and still holds the stock tyres and electricals. No chnage or modification has beed done on it.

I am looking for the following type of modification-
1. Change in Tyres, stock is 13" rims which are just toooo small. Suggest me some fitting tyres, which give it a good look.
2. Any possible changes in looks, exterior as well as interiors. I was thinking of removing few seats from rear!
3. Some great "audio" work
4. How about carputer?

The list of modifications doesnt really end here... I am nt looking to play around with bhp, but i would like to have modifications on the visual side and features ...

Also, looking for some decent motor works in delhi, preferably near Dwarka...

Guys... help me!
rajatkumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2008, 16:15   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

The Versa's ride quality is not exact the best, so you should stay away from upsizing the wheel size to 14 inch.
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2008, 16:34   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajatkumar View Post
Hi Guys,

I have a 4 yr old Maruti Versa, which is not being used much at my place. The resale value of Versa is pathetic, so am looking for some great modification idea, so that I can drive the vehicle and feel great about riding it.

The car has been run about 40K kms, and still holds the stock tyres and electricals. No chnage or modification has beed done on it.

I am looking for the following type of modification-
1. Change in Tyres, stock is 13" rims which are just toooo small. Suggest me some fitting tyres, which give it a good look.
2. Any possible changes in looks, exterior as well as interiors. I was thinking of removing few seats from rear!
3. Some great "audio" work
4. How about carputer?

The list of modifications doesnt really end here... I am nt looking to play around with bhp, but i would like to have modifications on the visual side and features ...

Also, looking for some decent motor works in delhi, preferably near Dwarka...

Guys... help me!
Visually I think you would only make it look more pathetic if you did anything with it. The Versa is a great and practical car but then there is not much one can do to it. I just love the responsive engine and the near short shift gear experience.
You can plonk in some good Ice, what im not the right person to advise. Maybe Navin or Bass & Trouble may be able to shed more light on that issue.
Why dont you want to add some more Bhp to it. Ideally it has the right heart to get things like this done. The Versa is the only Rear Wheel Drive car in the Maruti Car/Van range, now you know why I am smiling. The issue is the tall body and the centre of gravity. These things make the Versa a near forbidden fruit to modify. If one could do something to keep it planted and probably cure its roll happy tendencies, I would think it as the best Indian car for a turbo set up. RWD Turbo, wow. Unfortunately only a dream as not worth it.

By the way whats a Carputer??
V-16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2008, 16:44   #4
BHPian

gogi bhai by carputer i think he meant computer in the car!! correct if i am wrong Rajatkumar!!
SohailPistawala is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2008, 16:51   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V16
The Versa is the only Rear Wheel Drive car in the Maruti Car/Van range.
You forgot the humble Omni
Technocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2008, 16:54   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
You forgot the humble Omni
What about the gypsy? IIRC the gypsy is rear wheel drive too.
n_aditya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2008, 18:37   #7
Senior - BHPian

if you can please post a good profile pic of your Versa may be some of us can photochop it and you can see it visually before planning in the make-up for the exteriors,this might help you cheers

Ramie
ramie2400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2008, 10:26   #8
BHPian

Well,

I happen to own a swift(petrol) too... and sometimes i really feel that Versa gives me a better pickup than the Swift.

I am in still in love with Versa, and its utility factor cannot be ignored. The vehicle becomes a little scary on high speed and thats due to it "too tall boy" design... CG is much higher and u really feel scared of taking even slight turns at high speed.

How I can get the same vehicle done with CG lowered a lot and be able to make it more stable?

GTO has strictly advised "not" to upgrade the tires...

ICE is what I am planning to put on.

Btw guys, Carputer is having a computer system in your Car... more like a full fledged PC! I guess Carputer and ICE will get me lots of new features in my car!

The main query which i still have is... How do i improve the ride quality? Make the vehicle more comfortable? More attractive?

regards
Rajat
rajatkumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2008, 13:42   #9
BHPian

Rajat,

Try a single fibre spring at the back ..
Discussions are in the attached thread

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...af-bolero.html
prabhuav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2008, 13:45   #10
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
GTO has strictly advised "not" to upgrade the tires...
Yes, please dont upsize on the Versa. What you could do is opt for better quality rubber of the same size.
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2008, 18:56   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Yes, please dont upsize on the Versa. What you could do is opt for better quality rubber of the same size.
GTO - as long as the sidewall height is not reduced, what is the issue in upsizing? The versa could definitely use better grip.
prabhuav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2008, 19:12   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
What about the gypsy? IIRC the gypsy is rear wheel drive too.
i think the gypsy is a 4x4 vehicle only
manikjeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2008, 22:47   #13
BHPian

Some time back, Channel [V] had modded two Versas for their all-India-something tour.

What they had done to Exterior may not be practical (They had put in lots of graphics in every colour possible with flowing waves and other patterns, etc).

But, the interior was done up very well. I don't remember it exactly though - they had put up a big LCD screen on the roof after the driver area and a big, comfy sofa in the rear, making it a 4(or 5) seater only.

You can try something like that.

Anyways, modding a Versa sounds like a good idea, but something needs to be done about that ride quality first.

Cheers!

Regards,
Jaspreet Singh
jsrakkar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2009, 08:28   #14
BHPian

Is this thread still open to discussion ?
I own a Versa DX model of 2003 vintage and have done more than 80,000 km on it including high speed runs of 150kmph (indicated) and non stop stretches from delhi to Udaipur in about 11 hours. Would like to write a detailed revies if somebody's interested

regard,
atul
Attached Thumbnails
Modding Maruti Versa, Need HELP!!!-versa-002.jpg  

Modding Maruti Versa, Need HELP!!!-versa-003.jpg  

ATUL SINGH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2009, 08:41   #15
BHPian

have seen a versa cool cab in mumbai which looks butch with the two tone paint and the alloys jutting out .try chrome finish alloys which protrude out add fatter rubber and a dark shade of paint matt black or deep purple you will get a aggresive look .
as for the interiors and the ice your pockets can ruler your imagination
sierrakamat is offline   Reply With Quote