Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 11th May 2008, 07:21   #16
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Default Pray for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by c10 View Post
i think the person who got this idea should be
I hope you don't mean me for posting this here.
drpullockaran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2008, 08:48   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by eclectix 1st View Post
I would love to use it on the morons on the highway, who travel at low speeds on the right most lane (& middle of the two lane road), without heeding to the normal horn or blinking of lights

always wanted to have something like this train horn to get the right of way with $%^&&**
cheers:
Dont forget to add the wonderful auto guys in Bangalore. Would love to go behind them and give them a blast out of hell, so they move their autos out of the way.
Prithvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2008, 08:55   #18
Senior - BHPian

BAD IDEA Agreed, But YES Pritvi, Some day when my Fate is doomed and I Know its my last day on this world, I would like my ride fit with 2-3 of these things, and HELL'' Blast my way through those Nonsense Blore Auto Wallas and BMTC drivers.

Last edited by svsantosh : 11th May 2008 at 08:56.
svsantosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2008, 15:13   #19
BHPian

After all these posts that I have read, as much as I feel that this need not be done for its more like cruelty towards the pedestrians, how will the passengers cope with it unless there is some sort of sound proofing done on the car ?? Just a curious question , is there sound proofing for this level of noise available for the car ??
Srini76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2008, 16:46   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prithvi View Post
Dont forget to add the wonderful auto guys in Bangalore. Would love to go behind them and give them a blast out of hell, so they move their autos out of the way.
I'm wondering how I missed the auto-wallahs.
But I doubt if these loud things will make any difference to them.
eclectix 1st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2008, 17:03   #21
BHPian

I think they "sound" the same like the train horns, but must less loud I am sure. However, at 148-152 db @100 PSI, I don't think they are within legal limits for India.

By contrast, my Roots Vibriosonic are 120db. What is the legal limit in India? 130db?

Last edited by johy : 11th May 2008 at 17:07.
johy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2008, 22:53   #22
BANNED

We had one horn kinda horn in our Standard 2000. I remember how it used to scare people and eat the battery at the same time. LOL!!!
But everybody used to have helluva fun out of it!!!

BTW, most of the horns sold in India are illegal.
speedzak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2008, 11:10   #23
BHPian

WOW that's the best to scar people who drive on the opposite side of the highway and the auto guys they should s**t in the same place.
BAKIYA_2K12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2008, 12:13   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post

BTW, most of the horns sold in India are illegal.
Very true!!!
Very few horns in the market stick to legal specifications.
But the cops never bother to check these things. They are busy running other scams. Probably when they run out of all the existing mechanisms (of making $$$) they might think of these things.
Old 12th May 2008, 13:34   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg View Post
if you get your hands on these, police and the street people will get their hands on you for sure. they will trash you like anything and along with the horn they will blow off your car too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by praveen_v View Post
Leave the others. The people inside the car will turn deaf first
Very true.

This is insane. Reminds me of the movie "Mask". This is going to make people stone deaf and in a while they will stop moving out of the way even when this horn is honked.
n_aditya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2008, 20:58   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

always wanted to have something like this train horn to get the right of way with $%^&&**
cheers:
Quote:
Originally Posted by vkochar View Post
Harjeev - These will suit your Safari best mate !!

BTW on a serious note, That things LOUD.

I second that mate. Would sound great on any beast. And thats loud LOOOOD that makes it great and wicked I think. Loved thd video though.

if anybody finds something like this please do remember your humble duty to educate the rest of us.
harjeev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2008, 21:31   #27
BHPian

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by harjeev View Post
if anybody finds something like this please do remember your humble duty to educate the rest of us.
I've actually tried to get it in BLR without any luck.

I asked my Big Brother to get it from US, he called me crazy

Am planning to ask a friend of mine from UK, will be getting it in another 3 months time, when he returns.
Old 13th May 2008, 23:02   #28
Jay
BHPian

Quote:
I would love to use it on the morons on the highway, who travel at low speeds on the right most lane (& middle of the two lane road), without heeding to the normal horn or blinking of lights
I'm sure many here would want to do this out of frustration...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
All said and done, lets say you get the horns installed in your car. I can already visualize how your reaction would be when you hit the button .
Am sure the noise will be deafening within the cars cabin.
Ear plugs !!!

On a serious note : Too Darn loud, people with a weak heart may even get a heart attack...

@ drpullockaran : Is this legal in India ? it certainly is not...
Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2008, 23:36   #29
BHPian

If you ever get one, please do not use it near a railway crossing, will definetly scare the hell out of people :-)

How about a ferry horn instead

Last edited by Rehaan : 14th May 2008 at 02:44. Reason: Posts merged. Also, please use proper punctuation..and..not...type..like..this.
bharatbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2008, 07:31   #30
BANNED

Aah, Ferry horns!
Stebel makes some good ferry horns which runs on 12V. That would be a good option instead of the real train horn.

See, the trick is to make the horn sound like a train and not loud as it is. The one we had was bought from Dubai and it was only half (or so) as loud as a real train's horn. But the tone was so similar that people used to just leak their pants if caught unawares in middle of the road.
The whole assembly contained of a humongous motor (which used to eat the battery in a scavenger's urge), a looooooong stainless steel horn and connecting pipe. It wasn't multi tone/pipe kind. We didn't connect it to the normal horn wiring. It separately wired with a separate kick switch near the gear lever.
speedzak is offline   Reply With Quote