Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11th May 2008, 23:33   #1
Team-BHP Support
 
moralfibre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: MH-12
Posts: 6,622
Thanked: 6,144 Times
Default Custom Spec Fiat 1100 Gearboxes

Guys,

I need to get a few 1100 gear boxes made with custom gear ratios. Who can help me build these? The materials, tolerances, surface finishes, heat treats, etc. has to be of excellent quality.

I can provide the three sets of gear ratios that I am looking for. Any leads, guides road maps will be helpful.
moralfibre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2008, 00:00   #2
BANNED
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: London
Posts: 5,012
Thanked: 147 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
Guys,

I need to get a few 1100 gear boxes made with custom gear ratios. Who can help me build these? The materials, tolerances, surface finishes, heat treats, etc. has to be of excellent quality.

I can provide the three sets of gear ratios that I am looking for. Any leads, guides road maps will be helpful.
Dad Should be able to help you wit hthese. Do you want Floor Shift or Column Shift. changing the Final Drive will also help. Also, When did you get a 1100??
Cyrus43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2008, 00:39   #3
Team-BHP Support
 
moralfibre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: MH-12
Posts: 6,622
Thanked: 6,144 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gta View Post
Dad Should be able to help you wit hthese. Do you want Floor Shift or Column Shift. changing the Final Drive will also help. Also, When did you get a 1100??
Can you direct him to this thread please? His contribution should be very helpful. I am looking at column shift and I already have the ratios for the Fiat OSCA race car that employed the same gear box plus other three gear sets of gear ratios that I am looking for.

Well I have three 1100's now. No one knows because they are here.
moralfibre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2008, 01:56   #4
Senior - BHPian
 
V-16's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: mumbai
Posts: 4,575
Thanked: 844 Times
Default

Kiran, it is obvious you are having a lot of fun
Please get some nice pics and tips for the 1100. we could utilize them and who knows, they might help start a new restoration project??!!
V-16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2008, 06:35   #5
Team-BHP Support
 
moralfibre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: MH-12
Posts: 6,622
Thanked: 6,144 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
Kiran, it is obvious you are having a lot of fun
Please get some nice pics and tips for the 1100. we could utilize them and who knows, they might help start a new restoration project??!!
Gogs, I am looking for three gear box specs to build and they are for Fiat 1100 user friends here who need them custom made and in good spec.

You had a race version Fiat 1100, can you help me with getting someone build large quantities of gear boxes?
moralfibre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2008, 11:51   #6
Senior - BHPian
 
V-16's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: mumbai
Posts: 4,575
Thanked: 844 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
Gogs, I am looking for three gear box specs to build and they are for Fiat 1100 user friends here who need them custom made and in good spec.

You had a race version Fiat 1100, can you help me with getting someone build large quantities of gear boxes?
Hmmmmm. That should not be too difficult but the guy who built it for me (Suresh Naik-RIP) is unfortunately not living anymore. Let me find out from some other sources. Maybe BEhram Bhai could also throw some light on this.
V-16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2008, 11:39   #7
Team-BHP Support
 
moralfibre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: MH-12
Posts: 6,622
Thanked: 6,144 Times
Default

Behram bhai, where art thou?
moralfibre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2008, 11:42   #8
BANNED
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: London
Posts: 5,012
Thanked: 147 Times
Default

Busy in the Garage with the LHD. Final touches are being put up today.
Cyrus43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2008, 11:45   #9
Team-BHP Support
 
moralfibre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: MH-12
Posts: 6,622
Thanked: 6,144 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gta View Post
Busy in the Garage with the LHD. Final touches are being put up today.
oi gta (now in lower case ). Could you please direct him to this thread? I need some urgent gyaan from him on this. I will get you LHD steering box if you could. (just kidding).
moralfibre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2008, 12:15   #10
BANNED
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: London
Posts: 5,012
Thanked: 147 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
oi gta (now in lower case ). Could you please direct him to this thread? I need some urgent gyaan from him on this. I will get you LHD steering box if you could. (just kidding).
Forget the Steering box(just kidding) get the Clutch Cable if you can!! And yea i will direct him to this thread.
Cyrus43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2008, 14:44   #11
BHPian
 
adheesh's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Bombay
Posts: 526
Thanked: 34 Times
Default

Cyrus,
Please direct your father to this thread.
Regards,
Adheesh Parelkar
adheesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The lovely Premier Padmini S1 (Fiat 1100-D) Ram The Indian Car Scene 391 1st February 2016 07:42
Brownie Auxiliary Transmission as Overdrive (using two gearboxes) drsamuelk 4x4 Technical 14 4th February 2015 07:36
Cable Shift vs Direct Shift Gearboxes BlackPearl Technical Stuff 14 15th September 2013 13:35
1978 - Fiat 1100 || 2010 - Fiat Grande Punto Emotion MJD! Sujith1100 Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 146 25th October 2011 21:53


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 10:47.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks