Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 26th September 2014, 21:22   #46
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Parking under the direct sun?

Quote:
Originally Posted by saion666 View Post
Did anyone actually try this?

http://www.bhaap.com/buy-as-seen-on-...n-for-car.html

Please let me know if it works.
Well, I did not try it out myself, but here is a review

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyesice View Post
Does parking in sunlight from 10 - 5 cause the fuel to evaporate? I am seeing a hit in FE and I am not sure if this is the case.
Yes. In summers the effect is greater. Try using a reflective car-cover if forced to park in the sun. Or park in the shade.

Last edited by joybhowmik : 26th September 2014 at 21:26.
joybhowmik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2014, 08:49   #47
Senior - BHPian

This may sound lame, but would keeping the AC vents open and in fresh air mode, while parked, would help the hot air escape out of the car through the AC vents while parked ? I mean the accumulation of hot air inside would be less ?

Haven't observed for very long, but on the days when the AC vents are open while parked, the heat inside the car is comparatively less.

It may be my tired brain sending wrong signals and feelings at the end of the day.
Soumyajit9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2014, 09:19   #48
Senior - BHPian

The AC vents are not air sealed in any way. So I really doubt that without having the car running (or at least the key turned), whether keeping a small hole open for air would affect the car temperature too much. It is more efficient to run the car at high air blast with all windows open for a few minutes to get the same cooling effect.
ani_meher is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2015, 18:39   #49
BHPian

On the topic of hot cars, have any of you used the small solar car fans ?
Here is an eBay Link - https://m.ebay.in/itm?itemId=271856265510
I don't expect them to be super effective or long lasting but even if their effect is marginal, they may be worth it on hot days when I park in the hot sun.
I do use the other methods marked in this thread.
BenjiRoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2015, 15:32   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
This may sound lame, but would keeping the AC vents open and in fresh air mode, while parked, would help the hot air escape out of the car through the AC vents while parked ? I mean the accumulation of hot air inside would be less ?

Haven't observed for very long, but on the days when the AC vents are open while parked, the heat inside the car is comparatively less.

It may be my tired brain sending wrong signals and feelings at the end of the day.
I started doing this in the past week because it rains in the evening and is sunny in the first half of the day and I've observed the same. Usually, I'd leave some gap at one of the front windows by not closing it fully. I can't do that anymore because of the somewhat unpredictable rain.
nareshov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2015, 15:45   #51
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post

Not sure Soumyajit if that would help. However, it may make your life miserable since keeping the car in fresh air mode means keeping slats open which further means one more path for the rats to invade your car.

Regards.
saket77 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2016, 22:15   #52
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: "My Car Won't Start" | What To Do

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearedup View Post
In my case I will face the issue of parked car in hot sun very very rarely. So, I will try to park in shade as much as possible instead
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeroen View Post
That is better al round, for your car, the paint, the engine, the interior and for when you get back in!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroy View Post
. Use a windshield protector - a reflective fabric stretched across the windshield inside
Somewhat in these lines can be used too.

I am not sure about the quality or anything I am in dilemma myself whether to get it or no. My car stands more than 8 hours in sun. All I do is leave all 4 windows a bit open just to let the air escape.

Parking under the direct sun?-untitled.jpg

Parking under the direct sun?-untitled-1.jpg

Here's the link to the product:

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/ACCES...6-e86de1892479
a4anurag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2016, 16:23   #53
BHPian

Thanks! I will be parking in the Sun, only during full-day shopping programs
Currently, I am more worried about engine bay temperatures, inside the car I don't face much heat issues. (Not elaborating since OT)
Rest of the time, have fully covered parking both at office and at home.
In case I change jobs, then will definitely explore the above options if I don't get covered parking there.

I will however need to learn to leave a 1mm open gap with the front power windows. In the past, the minimum gap I get is 1 cm.
gearedup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2016, 20:54   #54
BHPian

I face a hot car interior every day because my apartment parking is outdoors. I have two solutions to this problem. Firstly, I ensure one or two windows are down a little bit. This prevents hot air staying within the car. Secondly, I have a reflective windshield protector that you put inside the car. It is not perfect in that there will still be some gap for the sun to shine within the car, and this is only for the windscreen, but these two definitely reduce the heat I face.
pganapathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2017, 12:35   #55
Senior - BHPian

Not yet in India - All-in-One Wireless Automatic Car Tent is now available.

A large suction cup attaches it to your vehicle's roof. Hooks and loops hang down for extra support from the door handles and side mirrors. A wireless remote commands the device to unfurl at the press of a button.

Link
volkman10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2017, 21:55   #56
BHPian

How to store our valuable electronics gadgets in car parked under sun for long duration? It's dangerous to store mobiles /DSLR's containing lithium batteries which can heat up and cause fire theoretically. Sometimes we have no other option but to park it under sun with glasses all rolled up.

So Is there some kind of bag or box which is thermally insulated so we can store gadgets safely? Or any other ideas?
splitsecond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2017, 23:52   #57
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by splitsecond View Post
How to store our valuable electronics gadgets in car parked under sun for long duration? It's dangerous to store mobiles /DSLR's containing lithium batteries which can heat up and cause fire theoretically. Sometimes we have no other option but to park it under sun with glasses all rolled up.

So Is there some kind of bag or box which is thermally insulated so we can store gadgets safely? Or any other ideas?
It's not only technically dangerous to store such items in the passenger cabin but is also an open invitation for theft. Plus, lithium ion batteries can explode with temperatures that passenger cabins reach when parked under sun with windows rolled up. This can destroy the entire gadget itself. Risk of fire as you stated is also there.

If it becomes unavoidable to store such valuables in the car, I prefer to keep it in the boot. Boot, as it doesn't have glasses to allow glasshouse effect, remain much cooler than the pax cabin. And it hides the valuables too.
saket77 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2017, 22:54   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
It's not only technically dangerous to store such items in the passenger cabin but is also an open invitation for theft. Plus, lithium ion batteries can explode with temperatures that passenger cabins reach when parked under sun with windows rolled up. This can destroy the entire gadget itself. Risk of fire as you stated is also there.

If it becomes unavoidable to store such valuables in the car, I prefer to keep it in the boot. Boot, as it doesn't have glasses to allow glasshouse effect, remain much cooler than the pax cabin. And it hides the valuables too.
I have a hatch back so no actual boot.

will be buying this, lets hope it works.
https://www.amazon.in/BagsRUs-Insula...A2P5TDRSNVWYQ9
splitsecond is offline   Reply With Quote