Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 25th May 2008, 23:37   #16
Senior - BHPian
 
iraghava's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Bhaiyyaland
Posts: 8,028
Thanked: 154 Times
Default

Good work there Monty! Nice tyres too!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by danlalan View Post
I was quoted 1000/- for all for tires earlier. THEN..got to know a fellow BHPian who got his car coated MATTE BLACK for only 2000/-. Now we all are thinking of going matte black.
Dan, are you talking about that Matt Black OHC??
iraghava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2008, 23:48   #17
BANNED
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Ludhiana
Posts: 706
Thanked: 41 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by A S H V I N View Post
hey .. the rims are looking real nice .. i am SO into black rims .. neat job! nice logo too ..
thanks.. i too now like black.. but that too MATT

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenopio View Post
monty anna can you tell me which paint have you used ...is it the normal paint thats used on body or any kind of special paint used only for alloyes
can you share us with some pics how the work is done if you have.............
yes it is normal body paint, as said earlier this is the paint selected from Renault's bumper paint color chart as its MATT.
sorry i dont have the pics while the work being done.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43 View Post
It stays for a while. And if it starts fading, you just spray another coat!! And its staying veru well on my car at the moment.
why were you quite before??? now i have spent 2500 on it.. .. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
the body coloured pillar between the front and rear windows is the b pillar.
i guessed that.. but was in doubt.. thansk anywayz.. nice suggestion will get it done some day ..
monty9991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2008, 03:29   #18
Senior - BHPian
 
ashutoshb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: NOIDA
Posts: 1,103
Thanked: 631 Times
Default

good work man! but in my opinion, the fluorescent blue is an overkill. a tame red would have been better.
ashutoshb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2008, 08:24   #19
BANNED
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Ludhiana
Posts: 706
Thanked: 41 Times
Default

this aint flourosent blue... this is a radium blue tape which got reflected with the flash of the camera.
monty9991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2008, 10:09   #20
BHPian
 
im_srini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Portland
Posts: 956
Thanked: 369 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Default

Hi Monty, very nice rim-work on your Alto

Regarding the PiperCross cold-air-intake you're planning to install, please check for feasibility before getting it as the engine-bay is really cramped in the Alto.

I would be looking forward to this install of yours as I'm contemplating a similar one myself If the battery could be relocated to the rear however, some much needed space would become available under the hood for such installs.
im_srini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2008, 10:33   #21
GTO
Team-BHP Support
 
GTO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bombay
Posts: 47,763
Thanked: 89,534 Times
Default

Looks really neat! Question : Does such an after-market paint job on the wheels require frequent touchup? Won't the paint chip off easily?
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2008, 12:20   #22
BANNED
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Ludhiana
Posts: 706
Thanked: 41 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by im_srini View Post
Hi Monty, very nice rim-work on your Alto

Regarding the PiperCross cold-air-intake you're planning to install, please check for feasibility before getting it as the engine-bay is really cramped in the Alto.

I would be looking forward to this install of yours as I'm contemplating a similar one myself If the battery could be relocated to the rear however, some much needed space would become available under the hood for such installs.
Thanks for the rims comment. and the pipercross will be fitted under the hood, and that too i guess without relocating the battery. will post the pics when i get that done.. may be next week.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Looks really neat! Question : Does such an after-market paint job on the wheels require frequent touchup? Won't the paint chip off easily?
we might need touchups if we get it scratched, and which i already did.. lol. the paint will chip off easily as well on stock colors ( may be not on machined finished once) .. mine were hyper silver and it had black underneath it.

Last edited by monty9991 : 26th May 2008 at 12:21.
monty9991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2008, 15:27   #23
Senior - BHPian
 
iraghava's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Bhaiyyaland
Posts: 8,028
Thanked: 154 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Looks really neat! Question : Does such an after-market paint job on the wheels require frequent touchup? Won't the paint chip off easily?
If you do a good coat of clear after the paint, it won't chip off easily. See how well Monkey's wheels have held up.
iraghava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2008, 22:50   #24
BHPian
 
jobinjv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Chennai, Thiruvalla
Posts: 109
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

late post on a old thread, but using a paint hardner guards it from chipping off..
jobinjv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2008, 23:21   #25
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Dubai
Posts: 3,860
Thanked: 128 Times
Default

Did not know that Alto came with front disk breaks! Monty, what variant do you have, the 1.1 ZXi?
HappyWheels is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2008, 01:27   #26
BANNED
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: London
Posts: 5,012
Thanked: 147 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
Did not know that Alto came with front disk breaks! Monty, what variant do you have, the 1.1 ZXi?
what world are you living in?? Even the 800 came with front disc brakes. And it always has!!
Cyrus43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2008, 01:41   #27
Senior - BHPian
 
rider60's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Bhagyanagaram. (A.K.A. Hyderabad)
Posts: 1,619
Thanked: 47 Times
Default

now this paint job on the rims is giving me inspiration to go a head and paint my viva's fins and get a good contra paint on the calipers and the rear drums, wow man i never imagined that blue to go with the car's color but it looks too cool now.

any ideas for my car please?

here is the linky to my garage

2006 Hyundai Accent Viva CRDi - rider60's Photo Gallery - Team-BHP


any help is appreciated and thanks in advance!

EDIT: forgot to mention the lip is nickel so i dont want to paint that part just the fins, may be when they get scratched i will think of painting the lip part.

Last edited by rider60 : 6th July 2008 at 01:43.
rider60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2008, 01:42   #28
Senior - BHPian
 
AbhiJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 1,298
Thanked: 462 Times
Default

That actually looks wickedddd!!

Great Rims dude..
AbhiJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2008, 08:54   #29
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Dubai
Posts: 3,860
Thanked: 128 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43 View Post
what world are you living in?? Even the 800 came with front disc brakes. And it always has!!
Very good question. Of all the things I talk about, seems like I have to understand my Alto properly, after all of 3 full years!
HappyWheels is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2008, 16:56   #30
BANNED
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: hyderabad,london
Posts: 441
Thanked: 4 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rider60 View Post
now this paint job on the rims is giving me inspiration to go a head and paint my viva's fins and get a good contra paint on the calipers and the rear drums, wow man i never imagined that blue to go with the car's color but it looks too cool now.

any ideas for my car please?

here is the linky to my garage

2006 Hyundai Accent Viva CRDi - rider60's Photo Gallery - Team-BHP


any help is appreciated and thanks in advance!

EDIT: forgot to mention the lip is nickel so i dont want to paint that part just the fins, may be when they get scratched i will think of painting the lip part.

heheh so you are eagerly waiting for the rims to get scratched a []
zenopio is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Modifying my Alto VXI 1.1 Alloy Rims and Tires VJ_MAVRICK Tyre & Alloy wheel Section 123 31st October 2010 12:18
Black Alloy Wheels for my Black Palio basilmabraham Tyre & Alloy wheel Section 15 12th August 2010 21:56
Black Porsche + Black Wheels = Lust GTO Tyre & Alloy wheel Section 20 19th December 2007 14:40
Hamann Ferrari F430 Black Miracle-rather black disaster pawan The International Automotive Scene 13 20th May 2007 17:27
Black on black Murcielago aniguchisan The International Automotive Scene 9 18th November 2005 19:53


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 20:17.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks