Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 4th December 2008, 23:59   #16
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

I have heard that Remus makes bolt on end cans for the swift ddis and they are louder.
Havent personally heard it so cant comment on how loud they are.You can probably contact methods automotive for more info.
hellspawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2008, 22:37   #17
BHPian

Guys expecting a good roar from a turbo-diesel is expecting too much. The turbo uses most of the exhaust gases so a cat-back exhaust will make no difference, and dont even think of touching the headers on a turbo diesel as their design is complex and very calculated.

The best one can do is get a good end can, but a diesel/turbo-diesel will always produce a gurgulling sound(at low revs), so dont expect that smooth whoosh/bass roar of a petrol with FFE.

With a high-flow air filter, the sound that most of you mention is the INTAKE roar....just clarifying because the thread tittle reads "louder exhaust sound....."!!
abhik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2008, 01:09   #18
BANNED

Automech Does diesel cars. Just ask Varun, MichealSchume on the forum, he has a FFE in a Diesel UNO!!
Cyrus43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2008, 02:16   #19
BHPian

Getting a straight pipe from the manifold might make the car louder,it wont sound sweet for sure.
noidaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2008, 09:49   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellspawn View Post
I have heard that Remus makes bolt on end cans for the swift ddis and they are louder.
Havent personally heard it so cant comment on how loud they are.You can probably contact methods automotive for more info.
Yes, thats true. Remus has a bolt-on and is common for both versions Petrol/Diesel. I have it on my Swift petrol and it has a good bassy sound which is not that loud and sounds perfect to me. Havent seen a diesel with Remus.
Mushroomz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2008, 12:14   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhilv12 View Post
yes it can be changed, but is not at all loud! we removed the cat and the end can of a friend's swift diesel and replaced them with a straight pipe. the sound is different and is louder than the stock one, but compared to petrol engines, it is damn silent!
removing the catcon is not a good move buddy, very harsh to the environment.
raj_5004 is offline   Reply With Quote