Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 25th September 2008, 12:22   #136
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: mumbai
Posts: 172
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

for door rattling get your doors greased completely, tighten all screws, if needed get new door pads, or maybe it can be that the glass rattles, so change the holder in which the door glass sits
zeeshan suleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2008, 21:18   #137
Senior - BHPian
 
manikjeet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: chandigarh
Posts: 1,605
Thanked: 106 Times
Default

@ Modifiedsachin i suggests you don't paint the car and get some rubbing and polishing done to make it look much better
remove the chrome accessories get some wheels

my list for you

1) alloys and nice rubber 15K
2) art leather seat covers and misc. 7k max
3) remaining VIT m for body alignment etc

if scroll back few pics you will see my zen photos and get a picture what i am trying to say

manik
manikjeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2008, 09:47   #138
BHPian
 
Modifiedsachin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 110
Thanked: 21 Times
Default Problem with leather covers (dont get cooled soon)

Hay thanks Manik,

I think I will try with a small touchups where ever required and then get the car rubbing & polishing, if after that I will se if a paint job is required or not.

Well when we say alloys & rubber do you mean new tyres?
But I already have new tyres just 2 months old (i.e. app 2K run till date, ya but they arent tubeless)

What I intended with all rubber parts is rubber gaskets, rubber biddings and other rubber parts which makes the body parts fit properly.
I want to klnow what might be the cost for this, as this is the part I am not able to estimate.

I too want to get leather seat covers but there is a hitch

I have leather seat covers in my friends Swift and have a big problem with it

When ever the car is standing out in sun or even in shade but on a hot day (which is the case almost 8 months in mumbai) the leather covers dont cool down and when the complete body is cooled from inside I still feel the warmth below and behind, which gives you a sweaty feeling even with full AC running continuous. It takes minimum 2 hours for them to cool down. And I hate that, keeps me irritated the hole ride.
Modifiedsachin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2008, 09:55   #139
BHPian
 
Modifiedsachin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 110
Thanked: 21 Times
Default Glass rattle

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeeshan suleman View Post
for door rattling get your doors greased completely, tighten all screws, if needed get new door pads, or maybe it can be that the glass rattles, so change the holder in which the door glass sits
Its very much possible that the glasses are causing the rattle.

This car has all rusted glass sliders, as the door holes - "the ones which are there at bottom of all doors to let inner water out" were blocked for two rainy seasons, I use to hear the water sound when ever I use to move the doors in rains, then when I saw carefully this time I cleaned all the muck stuck in and app. 1 liter water was out through each door. Then when I removed the skirts (the door cover from inside where inner handle fits, I hope this is what it is called) I saw all the glass slide parts completely rusted and the MSS has done a greesing job on it, so could see redish greese every where making it ok to move up and down. I will replace all of them, the next time I am going to my friends gaurage.
Modifiedsachin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2008, 10:05   #140
BHPian
 
Modifiedsachin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 110
Thanked: 21 Times
Thumbs up Combi front indicators

Hay Manik,

I scrolled and saw something I was looking for many days. You have installed combination front indicators. Which has the turn indicator and fog lights.

Where in mumbai I can find it and whats the approximate cost of it.
Modifiedsachin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2008, 23:50   #141
BHPian
 
yasw_anth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Chennai
Posts: 101
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modifiedsachin View Post
Hay Manik,

I scrolled and saw something I was looking for many days. You have installed combination front indicators. Which has the turn indicator and fog lights.

Where in mumbai I can find it and whats the approximate cost of it.
yeah they are neolite N 755. im searching for these lights in chennai but no stock. it seems the supply was stopped 2 years ago but i see few zen's with these light .. can someone help me get these lights
yasw_anth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2008, 00:44   #142
BHPian
 
sajid33's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: muzaffar nagar (u.p.)
Posts: 151
Thanked: 58 Times
Default Hi

Hi !

My Zen has got an esteem's 1.3 L engine , a 4X2X1 magnaflow free flow exhaust , a K&N CAI , MSD ignition, NGK IX Iridium plugs , MSD 8.5 mm spark plug wire , 14" alloys ,

acceleration is really fast , got the esteem's gearbox , so it can reach 100 kmph in 3rd gear , i really like it .
sajid33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2008, 07:44   #143
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: mumbai
Posts: 172
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modifiedsachin View Post
Its very much possible that the glasses are causing the rattle.

This car has all rusted glass sliders, as the door holes - "the ones which are there at bottom of all doors to let inner water out" were blocked for two rainy seasons, I use to hear the water sound when ever I use to move the doors in rains, then when I saw carefully this time I cleaned all the muck stuck in and app. 1 liter water was out through each door. Then when I removed the skirts (the door cover from inside where inner handle fits, I hope this is what it is called) I saw all the glass slide parts completely rusted and the MSS has done a greesing job on it, so could see redish greese every where making it ok to move up and down. I will replace all of them, the next time I am going to my friends gaurage.
I feel its better to open up ur door pads n get a painter to check for rust, m sure its already started coroding, 2 monsoons is a lot of water plus u've had water lying stagnant on the inside as well as rain water hitting ur door from the outside, making your patra's life even lesser. get it d whole car painted if u plan to use it for a long time.


@ sajid: hey i think your cars not tuned properly, My friends stock esteem used to go upto 120 in 2nd gear, besides u have a e-zen which should achive 100 easily in 2nd gear, where did you get the performance upgrade done from ?
zeeshan suleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2008, 07:46   #144
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: mumbai
Posts: 172
Thanked: 2 Times
Default LED tail lamps for the zen

Hey i want to buy LED Tail Lamps for the zen, please advise me who / where i can get it from in india. dont mind soucring it from another city
thanks in advance..


Zeeshan
zeeshan suleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2008, 12:21   #145
evo
BHPian
 
evo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Kolkata/Shillong
Posts: 755
Thanked: 23 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajid33 View Post
Hi !

My Zen has got an esteem's 1.3 L engine , a 4X2X1 magnaflow free flow exhaust , a K&N CAI , MSD ignition, NGK IX Iridium plugs , MSD 8.5 mm spark plug wire , 14" alloys ,

acceleration is really fast , got the esteem's gearbox , so it can reach 100 kmph in 3rd gear , i really like it .
"I really like it" I`m sure you do!!! What a mad car that must be! Uprated brakes too? cheers:
evo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2008, 07:44   #146
c10
BHPian
 
c10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 185
Thanked: 6 Times
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajid33 View Post
acceleration is really fast , got the esteem's gearbox , so it can reach 100 kmph in 3rd gear , i really like it .

Hey sajid33, My Stock Zen does 100 in 2nd gear.. I suppose the Esteem Gear box should do even better..

Cheers,
c10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2008, 09:53   #147
BHPian
 
Modifiedsachin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 110
Thanked: 21 Times
Default

When we say we can reach such a high speed in low gears, wont it be putting extra load on engine? And wont it affect engine life & performance?
Modifiedsachin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2008, 13:15   #148
BHPian
 
suzuki san's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Goa & Bombay
Posts: 453
Thanked: 280 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by c10 View Post
Hey sajid33, My Stock Zen does 100 in 2nd gear.. I suppose the Esteem Gear box should do even better..

Cheers,
100 in 2nd. gear in a stock Zen

Is there anything left of your engine?

I sometimes push it to a max of 50/55 in second and even then feel guilty about it.

What's your secret?

SS
suzuki san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2008, 14:20   #149
BHPian
 
Maverick1977's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 812
Thanked: 232 Times
Default

100 in 2nd gear is almost unbelievable. I have done 40 in 1st & 80 in 2nd, but my engine was really screaming its lungs out. I have never tried doing this again, but am quite sure that reaching 100 in a stock Zen will be really nerve racking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzuki san View Post
100 in 2nd. gear in a stock Zen

Is there anything left of your engine?

I sometimes push it to a max of 50/55 in second and even then feel guilty about it.

What's your secret?

SS
Maverick1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2008, 16:25   #150
BANNED
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Mumbai ( Borivali )
Posts: 328
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

I 2nd Maverick1977, even for me its difficult to belive 100 in 2nd Gear. I am sure engine will surely scream.
nicejits is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Modifications for Gypsy King - Does the sequence of modifications matter? khan_sultan Modifications & Accessories 18 6th September 2009 14:02
Thunderbird - Modifications thread - Pics please. agbenny Motorbikes 5 15th June 2009 14:34
Zen external Modifications nicejits Modifications & Accessories 19 25th November 2007 01:41
Zen Modifications Kaizer Sozay Modifications & Accessories 5 11th September 2005 20:24


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 00:58.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks