Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11th October 2008, 01:01   #166
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: mumbai
Posts: 172
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

@ asif: brother your lxi has a mpfi engine already so all you will have to do is get a engine swap, port polish the head, FFE, K & N Air filter, msd, mallory ignition, Go in for throttle body enlargement and see your cvar fly.
zeeshan suleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2008, 17:24   #167
BHPian
 
alias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: ಬೆಂಗಳೂರು
Posts: 334
Thanked: 6 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeeshan suleman View Post
@ asif: brother your lxi has a mpfi engine already so all you will have to do is get a engine swap, port polish the head, FFE, K & N Air filter, msd, mallory ignition, Go in for throttle body enlargement and see your cvar fly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sajid33 View Post
Dear Friend ,

as you have written , your wife also drives your car , i would advise you to just change the engine first , you will feel a big change as soon as you change the engine , the car feels much more responsive afterwards , and your wife will also enjoy it , i feel going for more add ons will result your wife not liking it anymore , rest is up to you , and what more ? you can always add aftermarket parts to your engine.

happy driving
thank you guys for the suggestion
i understand that installing the engine will be nice however
i was a little worried about the suspension and will the stock ecu
work with the larger engine

thanks again!
alias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2008, 00:19   #168
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: mumbai
Posts: 172
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by alias View Post
thank you guys for the suggestion
i understand that installing the engine will be nice however
i was a little worried about the suspension and will the stock ecu
work with the larger engine

thanks again!

Stock Acm will work , atleast thats wat a Tuner had told me, we had gone for a friends cars conversion, and the tuner had told us that since our car was a carb engine we'll have to get a used acm, now i dunno if he meant ecu or acm, its better to check with a tuner for better details, suspension setup depends on ur current setup. as such your suspension does not need to be changed unless theyre gone, not required to change if you are putting an esteem engine, if you go in for a OHC engine then yes your suspension, engine foundation will have to be modified as well
zeeshan suleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2008, 00:34   #169
BHPian
 
pawan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: auckland, new zealand
Posts: 867
Thanked: Once
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by alias View Post
thank you guys for the suggestion
i understand that installing the engine will be nice however
i was a little worried about the suspension and will the stock ecu
work with the larger engine

thanks again!
the stock ecu does work but not as efficiently as the original ecu.

the honda engine is a very big process custom drive shafts, new mounts/mounting position,wiring etc...
its always better to keep it within the family.
pawan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2008, 00:56   #170
BHPian
 
alias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: ಬೆಂಗಳೂರು
Posts: 334
Thanked: 6 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawan View Post
the stock ecu does work but not as efficiently as the original ecu.

the honda engine is a very big process custom drive shafts, new mounts/mounting position,wiring etc...
its always better to keep it within the family.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeeshan suleman View Post
Stock Acm will work , atleast thats wat a Tuner had told me, we had gone for a friends cars conversion, and the tuner had told us that since our car was a carb engine we'll have to get a used acm, now i dunno if he meant ecu or acm, its better to check with a tuner for better details, suspension setup depends on ur current setup. as such your suspension does not need to be changed unless theyre gone, not required to change if you are putting an esteem engine, if you go in for a OHC engine then yes your suspension, engine foundation will have to be modified as well

thanks zeeshan and pawan
the suspension on the zen is not that great compared to the suspension on the esteem ,what i was wondering was can i add the esteem suspension on all four sides + add esteem discs all four sides with the engine. well i am quite sure that the ecm would need to be replaced either with a an after market or a stcok ecm of the esteem well can some one shed some light on this please.


and nope nope nope.. i am not interested in the honda engine at all.

Last edited by alias : 14th October 2008 at 01:12.
alias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2008, 11:15   #171
evo
BHPian
 
evo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Kolkata/Shillong
Posts: 755
Thanked: 23 Times
Default Zen Carbon Limited Edition

Here is a pic of my Zen Carbon 2 Door Limited Edition.
I have some stripes on the roof, rear hatch,bonnet and sides.
A fake hood scoop etc.

More pictures in my garage.

Cheers
Attached Thumbnails
The Zen Modifications Thread-zen3.jpg  

evo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2008, 01:04   #172
BHPian
 
rohan_fonseca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Panaji
Posts: 984
Thanked: 4 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by evo View Post
Here is a pic of my Zen Carbon 2 Door Limited Edition.
I have some stripes on the roof, rear hatch,bonnet and sides.
A fake hood scoop etc.

More pictures in my garage.

Cheers
Muah! Lovely. What type of seat covers are those?
rohan_fonseca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2008, 10:57   #173
evo
BHPian
 
evo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Kolkata/Shillong
Posts: 755
Thanked: 23 Times
Default

@rohan.

Thanks! Those are not covers, the seats have perforated leather on them. Came like that stock.

Cheers
evo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2008, 16:57   #174
BHPian
 
rohan_fonseca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Panaji
Posts: 984
Thanked: 4 Times
Default

oops forgot it was the carbon.

Last edited by rohan_fonseca : 22nd October 2008 at 16:59.
rohan_fonseca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2008, 10:15   #175
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: BANGALORE
Posts: 54
Thanked: 4 Times
Default

hi. i too own a 2006 model zen vxi bs3 done 26000kms. the car is at service station for some body work. lorry guy hit my car. after the repair i am planning to get ffe or headers fitted. which is the best option, cost for the same and what is the mileage drop?
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...-hand-zen.html (second hand zen)
arbind85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2008, 19:19   #176
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: mumbai
Posts: 172
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

hey my cars jusr got done up sometiome back, ill click a few pics and post em up soon
zeeshan suleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2008, 10:55   #177
BHPian
 
Zenster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Sydney
Posts: 334
Thanked: 92 Times
Default Looking to stripe it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by evo View Post
Here is a pic of my Zen Carbon 2 Door Limited Edition.
I have some stripes on the roof, rear hatch,bonnet and sides.
A fake hood scoop etc.

More pictures in my garage.

Cheers
Hello Frens,
Its been a longtime i've posted anything here....
Here is thought in my mind....

Like the Quotes Zen Carbon....I am also contemplating putting racing stripes on the ride. I was thinking of Twin Stripe Silver Decals/stickers, a radium one of the ride right from Front Bumper to the rear one in the center like the ones on the Mustangs or may be a thick and thin stipe combo from the front to back but a lil offset instead of the center...

Now for the favour i again . I tried my hand at PS CS3 but was not able to figure out its head or tail. Could BadBoyScad or anyone who has some spare time gimme a preview of this. The pics of my ride already aplenty in this thread

I'm sure all Zen owners looking to make their Lil Rockets look sportier will benefit from this.

Any help comments are welcome and appreciated.....

Drive Safe,
Zenster.
Zenster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2008, 12:53   #178
Senior - BHPian
 
badboyscad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: TN
Posts: 1,439
Thanked: 139 Times
Default

@ Zenster : The pics of your zen in this thread were not suitable for the PS chop, so i used the pic of fellow member @ri 's zen to show how stripes may look on your ride. i prefer the twin stripes.i feel the single offset stripe is a little outdated.

Name:  zen sr copy.jpg
Views: 9040
Size:  171.7 KB
badboyscad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2008, 13:18   #179
BHPian
 
Zenster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Sydney
Posts: 334
Thanked: 92 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboyscad View Post
@ Zenster : The pics of your zen in this thread were not suitable for the PS chop, so i used the pic of fellow member @ri 's zen to show how stripes may look on your ride. i prefer the twin stripes.i feel the single offset stripe is a little outdated.

Attachment 77638

Hey Badboy,
YOU HAVE MADE MY DAY Brother, and I really mean it. I have been thinking about this for quite sometime now but was not able to VISUALIZE the end result and you have done it JUST LIKE THAT....Amazing.

Just a one thing more thing buddy, could you modify the pic and extend the stripes on the bumper like the one in the pic of the mustang. I know my ride is nowhere close to the mustang and has no Bumper Skirts but ould like to see how it looks. I'd like to see it once with the stripes going down all the way, missing the mesh grill and the number plates.

And yeah sorry for being a pain
Zenster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2008, 13:55   #180
Senior - BHPian
 
badboyscad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: TN
Posts: 1,439
Thanked: 139 Times
Default

No pain at all, bro.

stripes extended to bumper:
Name:  sez1.jpg
Views: 8092
Size:  173.6 KB

stripes on front grille:
Name:  sez12.jpg
Views: 7292
Size:  173.5 KB
badboyscad is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Modifications for Gypsy King - Does the sequence of modifications matter? khan_sultan Modifications & Accessories 18 6th September 2009 14:02
Thunderbird - Modifications thread - Pics please. agbenny Motorbikes 5 15th June 2009 14:34
Zen external Modifications nicejits Modifications & Accessories 19 25th November 2007 01:41
Zen Modifications Kaizer Sozay Modifications & Accessories 5 11th September 2005 20:24


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 20:31.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks