Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 30th October 2009, 00:24   #586
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Does any one knows if Zen headlamps focus good enough .I have tried adjusting the headlights but i am not getting confidence inspiring night driving . In my 800 with just 60/55 watts bulbs i am sure where i am driving irrespective of highbeams from front.
The throw if lights in highbeams in Zen is not focused it is too wide .
Or are my headlights damaged ? There is no dust , no water , full shine in headlights .
Trust_In_Thrust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2009, 07:53   #587
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trust_In_Thrust View Post
Does any one knows if Zen headlamps focus good enough .I have tried adjusting the headlights but i am not getting confidence inspiring night driving . In my 800 with just 60/55 watts bulbs i am sure where i am driving irrespective of highbeams from front.
The throw if lights in highbeams in Zen is not focused it is too wide .
Or are my headlights damaged ? There is no dust , no water , full shine in headlights .
Zen stock lights are insufficient for night driving. Maybe because others run on stronger lights. I too faced with this problem and changed to Phillips extreme power. They improved the visibility quite a bit but still not sufficient. Asked MASS to focus the beam correctly. They said they would do it but there would be no massive improvement in visibility. They asked me to upgrade to 90/100 somethings with new relays. I did that. I have no complaints what so ever now. They are perfect and have had complaints from truckers asking for a dip when I am on a dip already. That is not the intension though.
prince_pervez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2009, 12:10   #588
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavy_foot View Post
Any one know what these Zens at the Chennai track are running?
1) Engine.
2) Suspension.
3) Wheels and tyres.
They seem to have a nice wide stance and maybe they handle quite well. Anyone here who has driven one of these?

They are LG sports tuned E-zen. You can find them at MMSC and Kari Sports, Coimbatore.

Engine: Esteem Carbs, fully ported, high lift cams... etc..
Suspension: Heard they are having independent suspension at the rear(Dont Know how far its true)

Wheels and Tyre: 13" competition negative rims with soft compound track tyres.(In my pics they are normal 13" rims)

Am too having 2 pics of the same snapped at the MRF Track Challange in Dec 2007 at Kari Track, Coimbatore
Attached Thumbnails
The Zen Modifications Thread-15122007026.jpg  

The Zen Modifications Thread-15122007028.jpg  

Last edited by k_shanz : 30th October 2009 at 12:11.
k_shanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2009, 18:29   #589
Senior - BHPian

What should be a healthy stock MPFI zen's compression in each of the cylinders ?
black12rr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2009, 13:39   #590
BHPian

Hey Gurus

Request a help ,
Mine is a stock zen ( 01 Model ) .I recently changed the stock tyres to 13 inch appolo accelere . Have a spacer at the rear and hence there are no issues of rubbing with the wheelarches .

But in the front it looks very low , though there are no issues of hitting the wheel arches , I am not so happy with the looks .
I have heard of replacing the shocks with Zen Diesel shocks / stiffening the existing . Replacing of shocks will become quite expensive and hence i am looking for stiffening up the suspension .
My questions are how this can be done ? how do a mechanic stiffen up the suspension ? How much will it affect the dynamics of the vehicles ..
rejoycjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2009, 13:51   #591
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by black12rr View Post
What should be a healthy stock MPFI zen's compression in each of the cylinders ?
9.4:1 is what I'm aware of. I might be wrong.
skyliner34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2009, 20:18   #592
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyliner34 View Post
+1 to that. Anything beyond 1.3 in a zen is not for daily use.

found this pic in my comp. taken in some drag meet.
Thats AR Shabbir's zen .the quickest zen i the country .It kept up with his 800bhp Supra. Its a zen with a vtec engine and he has turbocharged it.it has also got NOS.
arjunrudra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2009, 21:06   #593
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyliner34 View Post
9.4:1 is what I'm aware of. I might be wrong.
Thats compression ratio , ... compression as in 180 ,160 ,150 PSI ?
black12rr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2009, 21:55   #594
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjunrudra View Post
Thats AR Shabbir's zen .the quickest zen i the country .It kept up with his 800bhp Supra. Its a zen with a vtec engine and he has turbocharged it.it has also got NOS.

As mentioned earlier its just a 1.5 Honda city engine not a Vtec

you can catch the zen some times at sags.
alias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2009, 22:42   #595
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alias View Post
As mentioned earlier its just a 1.5 Honda city engine not a Vtec

you can catch the zen some times at sags.
It has 1.5 engine with a VTEC head !
eagle_f1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2009, 23:28   #596
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
Zen stock lights are insufficient for night driving. Maybe because others run on stronger lights. I too faced with this problem and changed to Phillips extreme power. They improved the visibility quite a bit but still not sufficient. Asked MASS to focus the beam correctly. They said they would do it but there would be no massive improvement in visibility. They asked me to upgrade to 90/100 somethings with new relays. I did that. I have no complaints what so ever now. They are perfect and have had complaints from truckers asking for a dip when I am on a dip already. That is not the intension though.
the MASS people could not help me so after i changed to 90/100 i tried to focus myself. its still not sufficient at high speeds though its much better than stock lamps. any more ideas how to get the focus correct. There is not depth at all inspite of upgrading the power of the lights. is it an issue with the relay that i fixed?

I have also got a fog lamp fixed and planning to fix 55w h3 inside that as the stock lamp comes with 35w frm company.
motomaverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2009, 09:33   #597
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomaverick View Post
its still not sufficient at high speeds

Go for Hellas with professional help. I'm not sure about the specs for zen but they would do a better job than the fog lamps.
prince_pervez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2009, 23:06   #598
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post

Go for Hellas with professional help. I'm not sure about the specs for zen but they would do a better job than the fog lamps.
I would have gone for Hella but finance is a concern right now. Any ideas about the diff between philips rallye & philips essential power 90/100's
motomaverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2009, 23:10   #599
BANNED

Why dont you guys Go in for a better set up? Say a 140-110watt headlight setup. Believe me, Its worth it.
Cyrus43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2009, 07:01   #600
BHPian

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43 View Post
Why dont you guys Go in for a better set up? Say a 140-110watt headlight setup. Believe me, Its worth it.
Imagine what would happen if everyone started using 110W for routine night driving in cities. More accidents, "eye troubles" and migraines!! Not to mention the possibility of cop trouble (depending on the city)
Zen2001 is offline   Reply With Quote