Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 11th November 2009, 08:48   #601
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43 View Post
Why dont you guys Go in for a better set up? Say a 140-110watt headlight setup. Believe me, Its worth it.
They are too HOT and also consume lot of power.

Its not very reliable for long runs as the heat will have negative effects on Head-Light assembly, neighbouring areas, wires, holders, relay, etc.
devrajman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2009, 11:47   #602
Senior - BHPian

Why not HIDs , I plan to add 2 additional HIDs driving lights at front along with main lamps .This will take some time , but they are coming no doubt .
black12rr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2009, 23:12   #603
BHPian

Smile Recent upgrades

The Zen Modifications Thread-image000.jpg

The Zen Modifications Thread-image001.jpg

The Zen Modifications Thread-image002.jpg

The Zen Modifications Thread-image003.jpg

Cheers,
Vish
vis-racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2009, 08:28   #604
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by black12rr View Post
Why not HIDs , I plan to add 2 additional HIDs driving lights at front along with main lamps .This will take some time , but they are coming no doubt .
AFAIK HIDs work well only with Clear Lens Headlamps..Something to do with the way the light is dispersed differently...I've not come across any Non Clear Headlamp car with HIDs....I'm currently running on Narva 90/100 White Lights without any add ons which i feel are white and bright enough.
theodore_ftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2009, 08:31   #605
BHPian

Looks Cool!. Sorry for asking simple questions. What are the recent upgrades? And how do they help?

I see lot of alien stuffs compared to my carb Zen.
Old 15th December 2009, 12:49   #606
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vis-racing View Post
hey neat looking engine bay , what all mods do u have in there ? what carb are you using ?
zeeshan suleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2009, 12:59   #607
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen2001 View Post
Imagine what would happen if everyone started using 110W for routine night driving in cities. More accidents, "eye troubles" and migraines!! Not to mention the possibility of cop trouble (depending on the city)
Ridiculous. Whos asked you to drive on high beam in the city? And What cop trouble!! I have been using those lights for years now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by devrajman View Post
They are too HOT and also consume lot of power.

Its not very reliable for long runs as the heat will have negative effects on Head-Light assembly, neighbouring areas, wires, holders, relay, etc.
The above statement is RIDICULOUS!! I have NEVER had a problem EVER. And I have been running it since years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vis-racing View Post
VERY VERY cool!!

EDIT: Zeeshan- that is a Miukuni.
Cyrus43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2009, 13:31   #608
BHPian

Default Carb - mpfi conversion

well finally my car is in the garage for the carb to MPFI conversion, luckily i got a very good wiring harness, there was an mpfi esteem which was fully rusted and was to be broken down into pieces and sold as scrap, i reached just before it was to scrapped down, got my electrican, removed the complete wiring without even cutting a single wire and now its being fit in the car, got the intake manifold and injectors etc and now the wiring is being done, Also my high lift cam is on its was from Piper, had sent it to them personally.

please advise should i go in for throttle body enlargement ? how does it help ? i have been quoted 5 k for the enlargement which will increse it by 2mm .
zeeshan suleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2009, 20:04   #609
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43 View Post
Ridiculous. Whos asked you to drive on high beam in the city? And What cop trouble!! I have been using those lights for years now.

The above statement is RIDICULOUS!! I have NEVER had a problem EVER. And I have been running it since years.

VERY VERY cool!!

EDIT: Zeeshan- that is a Miukuni.

i agree with cyrus43. I have been running on 130/90 for some time now (more than year). gives better visibility during night (especially highway driving).

Point i keep in mind is to use high beam only when no oncoming traffic and only when it it really necessary. I belive, As long as one uses high wattage high beams judiciously, there is no problem.
recshenoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2009, 10:42   #610
SRK
Senior - BHPian

Guys need some help.

Is it advisable to buy a 2000 model Zen for about Rs 50,000 get it fully re-conditioned, that is complete body-work and interior work to make her look new (showroom condition).
At the same time all the mechanical problems will be tackled to make the car more reliable.
And may be a set of new tires and rims.
Which means I'll need to spend close to Rs. 80,000 (for complete work).
The total cost of the project would come around Rs 1.3 Lakhs including price of the car.

Now the main question. Will I be able to sell this car and get my invested money back?(Profit is not necessary)
I want to do this as a project to gain some hands-on-experience.
I am ready to spend my full time on it.
What do you think?
SRK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2009, 13:23   #611
BHPian

Whoes selling you a 2000 Zen for 50,000/- ?!?
Old 20th December 2009, 13:39   #612
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRK View Post
Guys need some help.

Is it advisable to buy a 2000 model Zen for about Rs 50,000 get it fully re-conditioned, that is complete body-work and interior work to make her look new (showroom condition).
At the same time all the mechanical problems will be tackled to make the car more reliable.
And may be a set of new tires and rims.
Which means I'll need to spend close to Rs. 80,000 (for complete work).
The total cost of the project would come around Rs 1.3 Lakhs including price of the car.

Now the main question. Will I be able to sell this car and get my invested money back?(Profit is not necessary)
I want to do this as a project to gain some hands-on-experience.
I am ready to spend my full time on it.
What do you think?
Not sure if you would be able to sell it for 1.3, 1 lakh should be more like it. BTW how are you calculating 80k for the complete work? can you put the break up?
heavy_foot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2009, 14:39   #613
BHPian

[quote=v12;1468320]Something I did (in PS) for my cousin who was planning to modify his Zen :
Wonderfull looking Zen. Alloys are a must for a car.
Attached Thumbnails
The Zen Modifications Thread-image0208.jpg  

The Zen Modifications Thread-image002.jpg  

The Zen Modifications Thread-image0207.jpg  

The Zen Modifications Thread-image0206.jpg  

Mehul1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2009, 16:19   #614
SRK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devrajman View Post
Whoes selling you a 2000 Zen for 50,000/- ?!?
A mechanic who repairs my cars said that one was sold yesterday for 50 thousand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavy_foot View Post
Not sure if you would be able to sell it for 1.3, 1 lakh should be more like it. BTW how are you calculating 80k for the complete work? can you put the break up?
80K was just a rough estimate.

May be the break up could be like this:
1. Body work and Paint= 22K
2. Alloy And Tires= 30-35K
3. Mechanical work = 6-8K (you never know this figure could increase).
4. Interior (accessories and upholstery) = 5K
Etc.

My main aim is to not go in for a loss. I just need the money that I am investing to build the car.
SRK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st December 2009, 02:56   #615
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeeshan suleman View Post
well finally my car is in the garage for the carb to MPFI conversion, luckily i got a very good wiring harness, there was an mpfi esteem which was fully rusted and was to be broken down into pieces and sold as scrap, i reached just before it was to scrapped down, got my electrican, removed the complete wiring without even cutting a single wire and now its being fit in the car, got the intake manifold and injectors etc and now the wiring is being done, Also my high lift cam is on its was from Piper, had sent it to them personally.

please advise should i go in for throttle body enlargement ? how does it help ? i have been quoted 5 k for the enlargement which will increse it by 2mm .
Nice upgrade! So you retained the zen
furioussphinx is offline   Reply With Quote