Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 5th January 2018, 01:11   #1051
BHPian

Default Re: The Zen Modifications Thread

The list of modifications that I have done on my ZEN is very little by team-bhp standard. These are the few modification I could do with my student budget.

Wiper Nozzle Upgrade

The ZEN has two wiper nozzles, each having a single spray. This was not sufficient to properly clean the windscreen. The wiper nozzle of the old Swift spray two jets of water per nozzle & is a direct fit in the ZEN (& M800). The new swift has 3 spray per nozzle & it is also a direct fit.

Swift wiper nozzle

The Zen Modifications Thread-wiper-nozzle.jpg

Part number - 38480M75J00
Price - Rs 51

Console Box

ZEN has no/negligible storage space on the inside, even the likes of M800, Omni are better w.r.t storage space & I am someone who likes to drive without carrying anything on my trouser's pocket (mostly mobiles & wallet). The console box from the old Alto has some storage areas in it & is also a direct fit in the ZEN.

P.S - The console box which came in the face lifted ZEN (03-06) also had some storage space but that part is discontinued.

Alto console box. Somehow I ended up with one from some limited edition alto (brown color console box against the normal grey color)

The Zen Modifications Thread-console-box.jpg

Part number - 75811M79G00-B02
Price - Rs 247

Gear Knob

I have always liked the golf ball inspired gear knob from the face lifted ZEN, Esteem, old WagonR. So I have fitted the gear knob from the old WagonR & this is also a direct fit.

Old WagonR gear knob

The Zen Modifications Thread-gearknob.jpg

Part number - 28113M72F50
Price - Rs 123

Grab Handle

I have always liked the spring loaded grab handles but ZEN were only fitted with fixed grab handles. So I have fitted the spring loaded grab handles from new WagonR, Astar. But the new spring loaded grab handles were not a direct fit, there were lots of cutting, filing that had to be done.

The new grab handles.

The Zen Modifications Thread-grab-handle-1.jpg

The Zen Modifications Thread-grab-handle-2.jpg

Part number - 76410M67L00-6GS
Price - Rs 73

Last edited by chiranjitp : 5th January 2018 at 01:23.
chiranjitp is offline   (8) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2018, 15:01   #1052
BHPian

Chrome Exhaust Tip from Zen Carbon

I always liked the look of an extended exhaust tip. The part I have fitted is from the Zen carbon, apparently it also came as OE in some limited edition Zen Estilo. I would like to thank Leoshashi, he not only provided me the part number but also made me aware that such a part even existed.

The Zen Modifications Thread-exhaust-tip-1.jpg

The Zen Modifications Thread-exhaust-tip-2.jpg

The Zen Modifications Thread-part-number-exhuast.jpg

Part number - 14450M72F10
Price - Rs. 649

The part is long discontinued, luckily for me there was some old stock available in Bongaigaon, Assam.
chiranjitp is offline   (6) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2018, 15:13   #1053

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiranjitp View Post
Chrome Exhaust Tip from Zen Carbon

Part number - 14450M72F10
Price - Rs. 649

The part is long discontinued, luckily for me there was some old stock available in Bongaigaon, Assam.
Excellent. I just enquired for the same using the part number mentioned by you. Alas, no luck.

Also, they refused to place an order for the same and did not give me any reason why.

Quote:
Console Box
Part number - 75811M79G00-B02
Price - Rs 247
The Console box is from the Alto x Fun edition. I have the same fitted in my car.

As greenhorn has mentioned below, get the rubber boot from the Alto, and it will be a flush fit with the console and gear knob.

Regards,
Anoop

Last edited by anoop.u : 17th January 2018 at 15:31. Reason: Added Quote
anoop.u is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2018, 15:24   #1054
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
[b]Console Box
Perhaps you should fit the Boot from the alto for the gear lever, as the current boot does not seem to be a direct fit onto the console?
greenhorn is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2018, 18:40   #1055
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anoop.u View Post
Excellent. I just enquired for the same using the part number mentioned by you. Alas, no luck.

Also, they refused to place an order for the same and did not give me any reason why.
As I have already said the part is discontinued. Even the part was not available in the MGP store I visited, then I asked the manager to do a live stock search using the part number. Luckily for me there was some old stock available in a different city, my relative there bought the part & shipped it to Guwahati.

So I would advice you to make one more visit to the MGP store (preferably in non peak hours) & ask him to do a live stock search.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anoop.u View Post
The Console box is from the Alto x Fun edition. I have the same fitted in my car.

As greenhorn has mentioned below, get the rubber boot from the Alto, and it will be a flush fit with the console and gear knob.
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
Perhaps you should fit the Boot from the alto for the gear lever, as the current boot does not seem to be a direct fit onto the console?
The current gear lever boot is not fixed properly onto the console. The ZEN's gear lever boot can be fixed on the Alto's console box, but then the shifting becomes a bit notchy (specially second & forth gear). This is most likely due to a slightly different location of the Alto gear knob w.r.t the clamp where the console is fitted.

Anyways, I have a non MGP Alto gear lever boot at home. I will try to fit it tomorrow, if it fits perfectly then I will surely place an order for the Alto gear lever boot.

Thanks annop.u for pointing out the Alto model for which the console box was originally meant for. After a good look on OLX I could spot a few Alto XFun & Alto Xcite having this brown colored console box.

Last edited by aah78 : 17th January 2018 at 20:30. Reason: Typo fixed on request.
chiranjitp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2018, 14:08   #1056

Quote:
... So I would advice you to make one more visit to the MGP store (preferably in non peak hours) & ask him to do a live stock search.
Quick update. I visited my MGP today and luckily I was the only customer there. As informed by them earlier, they did not have the part in stock, but they did manage to locate it for me at two different locations, in two different cities :
  • The first one is a MGP store, but 140kms away (Cochin -> Kollam).
  • The second one is a MASS 60 kms away (Cochin -> Kottayam), so they wont sell it over the counter, not unless I get some work done from them first (an oil change perhaps).
Let's see how it goes.
anoop.u is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote