Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 2nd June 2008, 18:31   #1
BHPian

Default Pete'ing Verna SX

I'am planning on giving my verna SX(without ABS) a pete's treatment. Has any one around here done it. This is the complate lis of what i want to do.

1. PSI tuning box.
2. Green cotton filter(seems to be out of stock now)
3. H&R springs

Has anyone out here done it. If so could you please share your experience.

Also the H&R springs are aimed at improving the following

a. Body rolls when cornering at moderately high speeds.. This kills the fun
b. Lack of steering feel north of 120 KMPH.

I have been told that the H&R would stiffen the ride. The stock rides well, but has a tendency to be bouncy. especially the rear seat.

Also planning to get the a new pair of xenon lights

Any suggestions/feedbacks?
lediablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2008, 20:53   #2
Senior - BHPian

I dont have a verna myself but i have done a few customers cars that have similar mods and i can vouch for the fact that you should go for the tuning box, green filter and springs Eyes Closed! You will definitely have the time of your life with the new kick in your car. Although with the stiffened springs the ride will become slightly more bouncy, but the gain in handling is well worth it IMHO.
autopsyche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2008, 21:10   #3
BHPian

thanks mate. Will update once i get it done.
Old 7th July 2008, 18:02   #4
Senior - BHPian

completey agree with autophysce on the mods that he has suggested but be aware that the suspension mods will bring down the GC of your car which i think is a cause of concern if you intend to do a lot of hiighway drivinig.

Ledaiblo - getting HIDs on yoru car without projector lamps is asking for trouble with the cops in blore given the recent spate of drives the bangy cops are doing to catch after market HID lamps. They just leave guys with Projector lamps.
hellstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2008, 22:26   #5
BHPian

There is no stock green filter available for the verna as yet according to Peter.Further it is difficult to plumb in a universal green with a dynamisation kit given the cramped bay of the verna. I have a stock K&N on my Peted verna which makes a great difference over the OEM filter.
wildcard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2008, 09:51   #6
BHPian

thanks for the reply guys. The last i spoke to peter he did tell me that the green stock replacement filters were not available. I had my mind set on the dynamisation kit/CAI, but the cramped bay is something that i did not consider. I will consult and make a decission.
and yes peter did confirm a drop in GC on changing the suspensions. But my suspensions are slowly turning into a nightmare.
@Hellstar - i suppose you have peted your car without a filter mod. Is this advisable. I have heard accounts of excessive smoke in such cases.
Old 13th March 2009, 15:21   #7
Senior - BHPian

i know guys that this is an old thread but i have some info here to share , the stock replacement filter for Verna by Green Cotton is now available fropm Pete's dealers.

A price is approx : Rs 4500/-.

Smoke levels are elevated with the Petes box i belive that the smoke levels will go back to normal once the new green cotton stock replacement filters are in place.

Last edited by hellstar : 13th March 2009 at 15:38.
hellstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2010, 22:39   #8
BHPian

I guess the time has come for the Pete's kit. What other performance mods can one get for Verna at this point?

Regards,
S
Maverick_x1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2010, 09:49   #9
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick_x1 View Post
I guess the time has come for the Pete's kit. What other performance mods can one get for Verna at this point?

Regards,
S
Best to check for updates in hellstar's thread.
jkdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2010, 11:56   #10
Senior - BHPian

please check mobike008's thread. that's a crdi pete thread. might be of some use. even with green he had some smoke issues. probably that's sorted out.
kutlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2010, 12:11   #11
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by kutlee View Post
please check mobike008's thread. that's a crdi pete thread. might be of some use. even with green he had some smoke issues. probably that's sorted out.
No Sirji, the smoke issue isnt entirely sorted out. Here's how the equation works :-

I clean the Green Cotton religiously once in 5000kms and for the first 2000kms even upon hard accelaration ( with ac on and off) i dont see any smoke at all.

After that mileage, the smoke starts to appear irrespective of ac on or off "only" on hard accelaration. So to reduce embarrasment, when i am driving hard, i try to keep the ac off

Damn the smoke, Pete's Box is worth every penny. I cannot drive without one now
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote