Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 13th July 2008, 21:07   #16
BHPian

Default trade-off

hey i am following your thread for quite some time now,,congrats on the module,i needed to know what are the trade-offs for the performance increase? like fuel average, engine parts fatigue etc??
nc1bad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2008, 22:55   #17
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyobeb View Post
Absolutely pal. I was a bit worried 'cos it was a blind buy and an expensive one at that. However, worth it, except for the damned duty.
Buddy,

Good to know about this product, but what is the total cost minus the duty?

And hope it lives upto what it is actually meant for.
PAVAN KADAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2008, 13:01   #18
BHPian

Hi,
Enjoy the extra power........
So,how do i check wether 2.2 has one of this kind?
bglsrini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2008, 13:09   #19
Senior - BHPian

Their website doesnt talk about 2.2l yet, perhaps in the pipeline.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bglsrini View Post
Hi,
Enjoy the extra power........
So,how do i check wether 2.2 has one of this kind?
dadu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2008, 23:19   #20
Senior - BHPian

I've run the module over about 5K Km now. The fuel efficiency has pretty much remained the same, i.e., around 8.5 kmpl. The power slides are great fun and scare the pants off people. You can actually do the slides that the DICOR did in the earlier ads!!!
I have also fitted a Green cotton filter with dynamiser kit, which has helped the engine breathe better. I had to remove the inlet from the original place and route it to the front of the grill as the intake growl was irritating.
On hard acceleration you can hear the tappets clattering away as well as the clatter of the common rail.
All in all, its brought the smile back on my face albeit at a fairly heft price.
jyobeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2008, 21:34   #21
Senior - BHPian

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyobeb View Post
I've run the module over about 5K Km now. The fuel efficiency has pretty much remained the same, i.e., around 8.5 kmpl. The power slides are great fun and scare the pants off people. You can actually do the slides that the DICOR did in the earlier ads!!!
I have also fitted a Green cotton filter with dynamiser kit, which has helped the engine breathe better. I had to remove the inlet from the original place and route it to the front of the grill as the intake growl was irritating.
On hard acceleration you can hear the tappets clattering away as well as the clatter of the common rail.
All in all, its brought the smile back on my face albeit at a fairly heft price.
@ jyobeb would you like to share any updates on the performance box on your safari ?
Rahulk76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2008, 22:22   #22
Senior - BHPian

TUNIT kits for the indica/indigo turbo dicor engines are available in mumbai with a dealer warranty.. i think they would be in the high 30s or even 40k but you have peace of mind.
tunit is a very good company. ive seen ppl use tunit boxes in london and they run like stink!! check their website for details.. theyve given bhp and torque figures a la pete..
Diesel Performance Vehicles supported by Tunit Performance

mumbai owners pm me if they need help on the boxes

PS: the 2.2 dicor has also got its box now!!!!!!!

Last edited by frankmehta : 24th September 2008 at 22:25.
frankmehta is offline   Reply With Quote