Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 13th January 2011, 19:15   #31
Senior - BHPian
Default Re: CNG for Chevy Optra?

@SAS & Deep: I would surely try that out. thanks for the info.

@ DEEP As you are from Delhi/ Noida can you recommend any installer where I could get this done up. Any where in Delhi is fine as long as the workshop does a good job.
In the mean time I would inquire from the workshop where I got my installation done.
harjeev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2011, 19:38   #32
Senior - BHPian

Dont fall into the trap of installers claiming Italian/Argentinian Lambda etc. There's no difference between those and the Indian/Chinese ones. So no point in paying extra for it. Will refer you to my installer. Infact, I am planning to go sometime next week for tuning of my lambda. See if you want to come along.
Deeps is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2011, 23:36   #33

anywhere in delhi/NCR where sequential injection cng kit can be installed on an optra 1.6 as well as the appx. cost ?
ask77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2011, 21:31   #34

I have recently purchased a Pre-owned Optra 1.8 LT (2006).
I intend to install CNG kit in the car.

From what I have understood, there are 3 types of kits: close,open sequential. All have their own advantages/disadvantages.

From the site of Mahanagar Gas, I have obtained the contacts of the following cng fitters in my vicinity and had contacted/met them.

Reliable Auto, Kurla: Open loop system @ 27K.
2K extra for close loop system. Kit Lovoto

Chunilal, Bhandup: Open/close loop system @ 30K. They said close loop system does not work and fails in 2 months. All the lamda controls are china made and always fail in 2 months. They can install genuine lamda controls for 8K. Kit: Bedini

Ace Auto Gas, Mulund: Open loop system. Kit Tomascetto Achiles @ 35K

Eco India Chembur: Close loop system. Kit Bigas @ 35K

Green globe, Mulund: Sequential Injection @ 50K. They said Close loop will backfire in my car and only Sequential Kit will work. Kit Emer

Dashmesh Wadala: Either Close or Sequential (@48K). But Sequential is recommended. Kit Buggati (for close). Sequential kits are mixed.

I had decided on installing Close type with Lambda and TAP but after visiting Green globe and Dashmesh, I am having second thoughts and thinking of installing sequential kit.

The difference in cost is 15K. And for all the reasons, I have read, I feel Sequential Kit should be good.
Green globe looks professional but the kit suggested by them Emer is unknown to me.

Has anyone installed sequential kits from Green globe?
Or any good cng fitter for sequential kits near Powai, Mumbai?
Should I fit Sequential kit or opt for close loop kit? If so, then some good fitter for close loop kit
Jay2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2011, 13:37   #35
Senior - BHPian

Go for sequential kit only, you will recover the money faster than by using other kits. all open/ closed kits were meant for carb cars only.
gigy is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2011, 16:34   #36

Originally Posted by Jay2009 View Post
Or any good cng fitter for sequential kits near Powai, Mumbai?
i would also suggest you to go with sequential kit.

there is one dealer in Thane area (near 3 haath naka) who i felt had enough patience and was knowledgeable enough to answer my questions when i was exploring about CNG/LPG options a few months ago; however i later dropped the plans to intall CNG/LPG on my drive. he has a branch in Ghatkopar too if i remember correctly. contact details# Rachit Dhawan: 9987289955.

P.S. i am, in no way, commercially involved with him.
infotech58 is offline   Reply With Quote