Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 11th June 2008, 20:37   #1
BHPian

Default Muffler for WagonR

Hi BHPians

Need some advise on buying muffler for WagonR. I did search the forum for help but couldnt find the one for WagonR, got a lot of information regarding modifications, but dont really know what to do. My silencer has got rusted and cut at the bent at end. I checked with Maruti guys, they say need to change the whole set, at 2.5K. Can anybody suggest a reliable shop in JC road in bangalore. Is it possible to get the bent pipe only, or do I have to change the whole thing!, if so I dont want to go for stock option. Please advise how much it will cost and is there any brand I have to go for and whether that will cause any damage to the Engine(this was the most confusing part when I went through other thread ). Also is it possible to go for stock one and get some sound modifications! Please help me out of this issue.
english is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2008, 18:45   #2
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by english View Post
Hi BHPians

Need some advise on buying muffler for WagonR. I did search the forum for help but couldnt find the one for WagonR, got a lot of information regarding modifications, but dont really know what to do. My silencer has got rusted and cut at the bent at end. I checked with Maruti guys, they say need to change the whole set, at 2.5K. Can anybody suggest a reliable shop in JC road in bangalore. Is it possible to get the bent pipe only, or do I have to change the whole thing!, if so I dont want to go for stock option. Please advise how much it will cost and is there any brand I have to go for and whether that will cause any damage to the Engine(this was the most confusing part when I went through other thread ). Also is it possible to go for stock one and get some sound modifications! Please help me out of this issue.
Dude,

even I'm also looking to change muffler in my waggi. Since you started this thread in the month of June, you must have changed your wagonR's muffler by now, i guess. if yes, could you please let me know from where and how much that cost. I'm checking with sanju, one of the fellow member from bangalore. He said, he changed his ikon's at Raj's, cost 1k. I don't have any phone number and address of Raj currently. but, I'll let you know in-case you want still.

Cheers,
IS

Safe drive
ImranShahnawaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2008, 14:41   #3
BHPian

still searching for one! got it fixed temporarily
english is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2008, 15:39   #4
Senior - BHPian

Why dont you go for a FFE ?. I presume its only for looks and is it the end can or the muffler you are looking out for and I think instead of spending around 1K or 2k , you can get the entire FFE done for around 8K to 9K (Headers+intermediatepipes+Muffler+tailendcan)
VJ_MAVRICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2008, 22:52   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VJ_MAVRICK View Post
Why dont you go for a FFE ?. I presume its only for looks and is it the end can or the muffler you are looking out for and I think instead of spending around 1K or 2k , you can get the entire FFE done for around 8K to 9K (Headers+intermediatepipes+Muffler+tailendcan)
Hay Mavrick,

Thanks for your response, i really love to go for FEE. Currently my waggy is completely stock, except ICE. I'll go step by step. In first step, I'm planning to go for K&N conical filter. Followed by exhaust and FEE. Let me get some vitamin M. Is it possible to fit used header and exhaust system of zen or santro in my wagonR?
Old 26th September 2008, 23:16   #6
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImranShahnawaz View Post
Hay Mavrick,

Thanks for your response, i really love to go for FEE. Currently my waggy is completely stock, except ICE. I'll go step by step. In first step, I'm planning to go for K&N conical filter. Followed by exhaust and FEE. Let me get some vitamin M. Is it possible to fit used header and exhaust system of zen or santro in my wagonR?

OF COURSE NOT!! Come on man! How can you expect the mountings of three different cars to be the same?? Also, If you dont want to go in for a Header+muffler setup, you can always leave your stock headers on and change eveything from there on!
Cyrus43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2008, 08:29   #7
Senior - BHPian

As Cyrus pointed out you can go for a stage by stage of those components that go in the FFE. Why do you want to go for a used headers and that too of other cars. Abstain from it and if am not wrong its a 16Valve 1.1 engine that you have and you can plan for a 4x2x1 headers later on when you plan to get it done.
Old 27th September 2008, 10:20   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43 View Post
OF COURSE NOT!! Come on man! How can you expect the mountings of three different cars to be the same?? Also, If you dont want to go in for a Header+muffler setup, you can always leave your stock headers on and change eveything from there on!
Hay Cyrus, apologies for my ignorance, though I love to know more about these performance mods, I'm not very technically sound. Could you please elaborate what you mean by "change everything from there on"? Do you mean I can start with changing exhaust system?

Quote:
Originally Posted by VJ_MAVRICK View Post
As Cyrus pointed out you can go for a stage by stage of those components that go in the FFE. Why do you want to go for a used headers and that too of other cars. Abstain from it and if am not wrong its a 16Valve 1.1 engine that you have and you can plan for a 4x2x1 headers later on when you plan to get it done.
Yes bro, its 16valve 1.1 engine. No I don't want to go for a used one, just asked whether it's possible. Mavrick could you please recommend someone in Bangalore to carry-out this work (custom made exhaust system) and how much that will cost?
Besides, as I mentioned in my previous post, I'm planning to go for K&N conical filter. But my concern is how I'll make sure that my service center (MASS) people takes proper care of filter before and after washing? Is it worth to go for K&N stock replacement filter? share your experience.
Old 28th September 2008, 11:07   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImranShahnawaz View Post

Yes bro, its 16valve 1.1 engine. No I don't want to go for a used one, just asked whether it's possible. Mavrick could you please recommend someone in Bangalore to carry-out this work (custom made exhaust system) and how much that will cost?
Besides, as I mentioned in my previous post, I'm planning to go for K&N conical filter. But my concern is how I'll make sure that my service center (MASS) people takes proper care of filter before and after washing? Is it worth to go for K&N stock replacement filter? share your experience.
Hey Imran!
I got a custom made FFE too as mine is a 1.1 Alto with a 16 valve engine but not in Bangalore as I got it done from Viper(Jignesh) in Mumbai during one of my trips there. Here In Bangalore, I think Raj Hingorani @ Shabbir's workshop and our own Distinguished Bhpian Psycho(Keshav) @ Vasu's workshop are the guys from whom you can get your FFE done. There might also be others about whom am not sure of ,but if you want to get in touch with Psycho call up Binoy "binz" or Amit "iceman91" on the forum or Vasu's number which i will mail it you.

You can get your upgraded filter(Either K&N Stock or Conical) installed but yeah definitely you need to TAKE CARE of it unlike the stock filter.

V.IMP:Never take the ride for a wash under the bonnet without removing the filter and "ALWAYS REMOVE THE FILTER OR PERSONALLY SEE TO IT THAT THE SERVICING GUYS REMOVE IT BEFORE A WASH ELSE ITS RENDERED FUTILE AFTER A WASH".
One of my friend forgot to instruct the servicing guys once and they throughly and promptly washed the CAI filter just like the stock filter and PHEW! It was gone.

Last edited by VJ_MAVRICK : 28th September 2008 at 11:09.
Old 29th September 2008, 15:29   #10

Hey guys,

I have a wagonR too and have been using a Conical K&N and an FFE for the last 3 yrs.

Got the K&N from Ozzone in Indranagar. I have to redo MY FFE couple of times.
1st Time got it done at RAC in Koromangala:- 4X1 type...Cost 7K..but saw no improvement.
Got to know of Raj, met him and he sent me to Shabir.
So 2nd attempt was with Shabir: 4X2X1 type: It was a lot better, but Raj had warned me not to expect miracles, he said and I quote " Its a nice family car, it cant do much, no point spending on it"...cost 5.5K
As good as the FFE felt, the muffler caused a drastic increase in cabin noise but it sounded damn cool...
2 yrs later after the birth of my daughter, i was forced to change the muffler (family pressure abt noise and such)
This time I took it back to RAC...they fit an 800 muffler, as surprised as i was, the performance took no hit...the car was quite on the inside with a slightly mellower roar...and best of all it would go completely silent when i crossed 70KPH...so long drives were quite and peaceful...
BlackWagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2008, 08:45   #11
BHPian

Hay blackwagon,

Thanks for your info. Could you please post some pics. I want to see the placement of the filter. what's the cost including labor in Ozzone? And if you can give me the model number.

Imran