Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 21st June 2008, 19:42   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
...You dont want to go too short otherwise it will affect the ergonomics of your driving position (left arm will be reaching too far towards the transmission tunnel) and might make shifting more difficult and a pain. ...
Can you please elaborate on this problem?
I believe, if you buy a proper short-shift kit then the length of gear leaver stays same but the 'throw' distance shortens.
vabs78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2008, 20:45   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Will be interesting to see how Wolf would shift your Vtec!!!!

I have experienced Wolf's shifting in my Vtec!! I can say one thing! I haven't come across anyone who drives a "H" pattern and shifts faster than wolf!

It seems that that guy just doesnt lift off the gas!!

Hey Vinay! why dont you come meet us on some weekend at our Vtec meets!

Cheers
Shrey
ssjr0498 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2008, 22:52   #18
Senior - BHPian

I have an RPM short shifter fitted on my Lancer. Got it from Speedworks, Chennai. It's a neat little upgrade which has made driving that much more enjoyable. The shifts are short and precise, and with practice, one can make lightning shifts with it. I'm still learning.
It will be a little stiff to move around initially, but gets smooth after a couple of days. The only catch is, once you get used to the short shifter, you don't feel like going back to the stock version again
I am not aware of the VTEC shifter, but the one I have fitted in the Lancer reduced the height of the gear lever + knob slightly, but not enough to cause any inconvenience. It's one of the better upgrades I have made in my car.
razor4077 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2008, 12:24   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by razor4077 View Post
I have an RPM short shifter fitted on my Lancer. Got it from Speedworks, Chennai.
Do they have a website? I am looking for a kit for my GetzD.
How much did it cost you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by razor4077 View Post
the one I have fitted in the Lancer reduced the height of the gear lever + knob slightly, but not enough to cause any inconvenience. ...
hummm... may be they chose that length as it was better for Lancer than the stock gear leaver.
vabs78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2008, 17:45   #20
BHPian

Cool

Note from Support : Please refrain from typing.......like.........this.......with excessive dots. Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjr0498 View Post

Cheers
Shrey
WOW...Vtec meet... when is that going to happen??? I will be really interested in coming.. please do let me know so that I can get rid off other things... I make my self free to meet you guys...

Also not to worry about gas most of the time my car will have 3/4 tank..

Last edited by GTO : 23rd June 2008 at 12:07.
vinayvtec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2008, 19:37   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vabs78 View Post
Do they have a website? I am looking for a kit for my GetzD.
How much did it cost you?
Improve car performance, Car performance enhancements, Engine performance improvements, car performance products, car care products, engine performance products, engine performance enhancements, OWS, OWS India, OWS products, OWS products India, Tecta

Cost me Rs.1965
razor4077 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2008, 12:44   #22
BHPian

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjr0498 View Post

Cheers
Shrey
Hey Shrey,

Do let me know when you guys have the vtec meets, I will try to join you guys. Also I was able to find a vtec with a quick shift its non other than Nrupathy's the guy who had driven his White vtec in 2008 Mumbai drag, he has got B&M in his car and one of our team bhp member has e-mailed me to call them for more info, I am out of bangalore and should be back by week end, so can call and check.
vinayvtec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2009, 21:25   #23
BHPian

Default Short Shift for fortuner

Hi,
Kindly let me know anybody has the knowledge about short shifter for Toyota Fortuner

Thank You
g_prajeesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2009, 10:47   #24
BHPian

The Octy shifter is like the mains switch on the old type switchboards, it is also too tall. I removed the existing gear knob and have fitted a small ball on top (jugad) of the lever. I want to cut about 2 inches off the top of the gear lever and then fit a ball type gear knob on top.....is it advisable ?
rxpaul is offline   Reply With Quote