Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 31st July 2008, 15:44   #16
Team-BHP Support

Hey, PatienceWins no issues at all. So you have the exact problem as that of Ram. But then are you happy with the rest of the seat? I mean if you just want some under-thigh support like Ram but are otherwise happy with the seat I would say a much better option is to do what Prabhu suggested. See if you can not extend the seat by welding in a 2" piece to the frame and then refoaming and reupholstering the seat. It will be the most practical solution IMO.
Zappo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2008, 15:57   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
The car is Getz.

I posted in this thread as I could not find a similar thread. Sorry for the confusion.
PatienceWins,

Steeroid was asking Ram to check out the LC/Lexus seat, by sitting on them, before buying them. This is the only way that Ram can make sure these seats meet his requirement,else that will also go as a dead investment!

Do not think there was a confusion.
HappyWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2008, 15:57   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
Hey, PatienceWins no issues at all. So you have the exact problem as that of Ram. But then are you happy with the rest of the seat? I mean if you just want some under-thigh support like Ram but are otherwise happy with the seat I would say a much better option is to do what Prabhu suggested. See if you can not extend the seat by welding in a 2" piece to the frame and then refoaming and reupholstering the seat. It will be the most practical solution IMO.
Thanks. I am happy with rest of the seat, so I was trying for what Prabhu suggested.

But I could not find a place in Bangalore to do what Prabhu suggested.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
PatienceWins,

Steeroid was asking Ram to check out the LC/Lexus seat, by sitting on them, before buying them. This is the only way that Ram can make sure these seats meet his requirement,else that will also go as a dead investment!

Do not think there was a confusion.
oops, i missed the quote.

Last edited by PatienceWins : 31st July 2008 at 16:01.
PatienceWins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2008, 15:57   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
Have you tried the LC or Lexus seats? Try them first.
saar dont you have any non phoren options? think desi my friend

Quote:
Thanks. I am happy with rest of the seat, so I was trying for what Prabhu suggested.

But I could not find a place in Bangalore to do what Prabhu suggested.
Dude , where do you live in bangy?

Last edited by Zappo : 31st July 2008 at 16:07. Reason: Use the multi-quote and edit buttons please. Posts merged.
prabhuav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2008, 16:04   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhuav View Post
Dude , where do you live in bangy?
Old Airport Road, close to Manipal Hospital.
Old 31st July 2008, 16:12   #21
BANNED

Quote:
saar dont you have any non phoren options? think desi my friend
Sir, the thread opener has asked where he can get Lexus or LC seats (in post 9). Hope Steeroid's answer makes sense now.
dicorex4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2008, 17:23   #22
BHPian

Hey you have stanley leathers right next to you. Try them if you plan to get their upholstery. If not check if your tata service guy's bodyshop can do that? If nothing else works, drive up to JC rd, take the left after sangeetha mobile shop. There is a gully with road mechs who can do this in one hour flat.

Else give me a call @ 9845268678 and we can figure out something.
Old 31st July 2008, 17:35   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hey you have stanley leathers right next to you. Try them if you plan to get their upholstery. If not check if your tata service guy's bodyshop can do that? If nothing else works, drive up to JC rd, take the left after sangeetha mobile shop. There is a gully with road mechs who can do this in one hour flat.

Else give me a call @ 9845268678 and we can figure out something.
Thanks a lot.
Stanley is out of option now as I do not plan to change the seat covers. The Hyundai A.S.S was not willing to do this.
I will see if I can get this done in J.C. Road. I believe the left you are referring to is the left after the J.C Road parking complex. The right would go to Urvashi theatre.
Old 31st July 2008, 17:50   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks a lot.
Stanley is out of option now as I do not plan to change the seat covers. The Hyundai A.S.S was not willing to do this.
I will see if I can get this done in J.C. Road. I believe the left you are referring to is the left after the J.C Road parking complex. The right would go to Urvashi theatre.
Eggjaactly. make the left again and you have it.
Old 16th August 2008, 13:20   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Eggjaactly. make the left again and you have it.
I went to J.C Road, added foam to front seats from a small upholstery shop on the lane. The underthigh support is much better now. He charged Rs.450 for the job. Thanks
Old 8th April 2009, 06:55   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I went to J.C Road, added foam to front seats from a small upholstery shop on the lane. The underthigh support is much better now. He charged Rs.450 for the job. Thanks
Shall I try to fit Front Swift Seats for my Getz CRDi(driver side) ?. I felt the front swift seats comfortable. Any suggestions on this ?
undead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th April 2009, 10:40   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
How's the added support holding up after a few months? Is it still providing adequate support?
And do you remember the kind of foam padding that was used (grade/thickness of the foam)? Am assuming no extra fabrication was done to the seat frame.
razor4077 is offline   Reply With Quote