Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 24th June 2008, 01:41   #1
BHPian

Default Looking for porting polishing & valve grinding in Delhi

Just got my Palio GTX, and an Automech exhaust system is on order.

I now want to get the head ported & polished along with a multi angle valve grinding job. Maybe even shave the cylinder head a little.

Can anyone recommend a good machine job that can do this work in or around Delhi or NCR?

I specifically want recommendations on a shop that actually does this work. NOT some shop that gets it done for you. I want to remove the cylinder head take it to the shop and have them do the work in front of me. I want to see them do the porting work and polishing work, inspect at every step. I then want to see them do the multi angle valve grind.

This is the only way to ensure that quality work is done.

Would really appreciate replies for people that have had this type of work done personally. And yes, I have used the search function and come up with nothing in Delhi that meets my specific need.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Gaurav
RedMM340 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2008, 03:28   #2
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMM340 View Post

I specifically want recommendations on a shop that actually does this work. NOT some shop that gets it done for you. I want to remove the cylinder head take it to the shop and have them do the work in front of me. I want to see them do the porting work and polishing work, inspect at every step. I then want to see them do the multi angle valve grind.

This is the only way to ensure that quality work is done.

Would really appreciate replies for people that have had this type of work done personally. And yes, I have used the search function and come up with nothing in Delhi that meets my specific need.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Gaurav
Hey man - Autopschye can be your new best friend

Team-BHP - View Profile: autopsyche

Autopsyche - Racing Techniques

If he cant take care of you he will surely direct you to somebody who will do a very good job.
In fact speak to him for your free flow too , dont like automech too much , personally.

PS : I think he will take a cast of your engine to look for imperfections too , before the port & polish , or is that Ron Chinoy ? Trust me call this guy , let us know how it went .

Last edited by cyneverdie : 24th June 2008 at 03:33.
cyneverdie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2008, 08:09   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyneverdie View Post
Hey man - Autopschye can be your new best friend

Team-BHP - View Profile: autopsyche

Autopsyche - Racing Techniques

If he cant take care of you he will surely direct you to somebody who will do a very good job.
In fact speak to him for your free flow too , dont like automech too much , personally.

PS : I think he will take a cast of your engine to look for imperfections too , before the port & polish , or is that Ron Chinoy ? Trust me call this guy , let us know how it went .
I have visited Autopsyche, and he strongly recommends automech. The reason I ordered an automech system from Bharat Auto in Karol Bagh, is that it is a 100% bolt-on system that retains all the stock hangers. Or at least that is what I was told. In any case I will find out just how bolt-in the exhaust is in a week or so.

He has a nice facility and seems to be a competent guy, but it does not look like he has the facility to do the machine shop work. Or does he do the grinding and machining on-site?

Again, I want to find a facility that actually does the machining & grinding so that it can be done to my satisfaction in front of me.

Thanks,
Old 24th June 2008, 08:20   #4
Senior - BHPian

If you go to a tuner and ask him to do the porting and polishing in front of you as per your specifications in most cases he will ask you to do it yourself.

Also if you are aware of what is to be done and how it is to be done..get the tools and do it yourself. The cost is going to be much cheaper in buying the tools as well.

Else go to a machine shop rent their facilities and do it.
iceman91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2008, 10:55   #5
Team-BHP Support

autopsyche is mainly into cosmetic mods (and damn good at it too) and i think he outsources his performance mods.
Akshay1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2008, 16:01   #6
Senior - BHPian

RedMM340! If you had asked me i would have shown you my machine shop in the basement where we have a lathe, a mill, and all grinding & cutting equipment!
(We also make engine cut section models and automotive educational aids for a lot of Manufacturing R&D depts and Training institutions)

However as far as the process is concerned, im sorry but we cannot have you present while we do the job so i guess it might not suit you to get it done from us.

akshay1234, all our work is 101% inhouse, whether its interiors, exteriors, performance or audio.
autopsyche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2008, 16:29   #7
Senior - BHPian

Autupsyche, if I give you any indian performance cars head and request for a drag spec work on it, what all can I expect to be done on it?
The Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2008, 17:02   #8
Senior - BHPian

The Wolf, you can always give me a call regarding business queries.
autopsyche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2008, 17:14   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wolf View Post
Autupsyche, if I give you any indian performance cars head and request for a drag spec work on it, what all can I expect to be done on it?
Hello,
You just cannot give the head and get a drag spec job, there are a lot of other factors to be also considered before modifying the head.
eg, type of cam, turbo or na, fueling, ecm etc etc
Old 24th June 2008, 17:35   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman91 View Post
Hello,
You just cannot give the head and get a drag spec job, there are a lot of other factors to be also considered before modifying the head.
eg, type of cam, turbo or na, fueling, ecm etc etc
I know it better than most here. Just wanted to know if its only "posting/polishing" or port re-angling, glass beading, shrk scaling intake tunnels, 3-4angle valve seat cuts and resizing valve seats, stem work, back lashing, nitriding, heat treatment for spongy heads, abrasive fluid blasting, flowbench testing etc

Last edited by The Wolf : 24th June 2008 at 17:39.
Old 24th June 2008, 22:13   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autopsyche View Post
RedMM340! If you had asked me i would have shown you my machine shop in the basement where we have a lathe, a mill, and all grinding & cutting equipment!
(We also make engine cut section models and automotive educational aids for a lot of Manufacturing R&D depts and Training institutions)

However as far as the process is concerned, im sorry but we cannot have you present while we do the job so i guess it might not suit you to get it done from us.

akshay1234, all our work is 101% inhouse, whether its interiors, exteriors, performance or audio.
Good to know that you do the machining and polishing/grinding in house. I did not realize this when I stopped by to visit a few days back. I absolutely would like to see the equipment and set up.

So if you do the porting & polishing plus multi angle valve grind, how can I be assured that the work has been done properly and completely? Will you show me the head before the work and point out what will be done, and they show me the head prior to install and point out what all has been done?

Please understand, that I am absolutely not questioning your integrity, but I just want to be 100% sure that top quality work is done without any shortcuts. Also, as I mentioned when I met you, I have had some questionable performance tuning done for me before in Delhi, so as a result, I am a bit cautious of just getting work done turn key.

Also, can you shave the cylinder head? If so how much do you recommend for the Palio 1.6 motor? What will the compression ratio bump up to?

Thanks,
Old 24th June 2008, 23:19   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autopsyche View Post

Nice :- didn't know that , sorry OT but do you occasionally work with Ron Chinoy ? ; out of pure curiosity man.
cyneverdie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2008, 00:27   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wolf View Post
I know it better than most here. Just wanted to know if its only "posting/polishing" or port re-angling, glass beading, shrk scaling intake tunnels, 3-4angle valve seat cuts and resizing valve seats, stem work, back lashing, nitriding, heat treatment for spongy heads, abrasive fluid blasting, flowbench testing etc
So imo shouldn't the question be what services are offered to modify the head rather than if he can build a drag spec head
Old 25th June 2008, 12:36   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMM340 View Post
Will you show me the head before the work and point out what will be done, and they show me the head prior to install and point out what all has been done?
Thanks,
This is a reasonable request. Infact probably should be part of the tuning process. It works out if the owner has done his homework and can reasonably understand what the tuner is explaining.
crazydiablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2008, 12:50   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman91 View Post
So imo shouldn't the question be what services are offered to modify the head rather than if he can build a drag spec head

IMO not really, you are just rephrasing my intention. Nevermind, Im sure autopsyche knows what Im speaking about!