Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Closed Thread
Old 1st July 2008, 19:22   #1
Default Tata Sumo Victa Di Modification Help

Hi all,

I just took a new Tata Sumo Victa Di (3.0L) last month. I need some help/suggestions on some things.

Tata has sacrificed poor Sumo Victa for promoting Grande.

1) The dashboard and interiors are of poor quality. how could i improve them? An idea is to stick leather all over the dash. but will it be gud enuf?? Anyone knows a good workshop in cochin for the same???

2) the shock absorbers are AWEFUL. rear is raised giving an awkward look(old sumo victa was far more appealing). front shock is worse . an idea i have is to replace the present stock ones with that of old sumo victa which are far more softer. The new victa Di it seems is just build for heavy commerical loads only. IS THERE ANY WAY TO MAKE THE SUSPENSION SOFT ? another idea is to fit suspension of qualis,safari or innova. has anyone ever tried that ??? will it work out without side effects??

3) exterior wat all can i do to modify the looks. i havent started anything as yet.

4) finally as any diesel engines owner would ask . petes tuning box for sumo by any chance??? or any other option to boost my 3L engine????

Only thing best about Sumo Victa Di is that the 3L engine rocks. great performace. and 14kmpl mileage !!!

Thanking you,
Cochin, Kerala

Esteem VXi
Sumo Victa Di
Bajaj Pular
Honda Activa

Note from the Team-BHP Support : Please take the time to use proper punctuation as per Team-BHP rules. Avoid...typing...like...this. Thanks.

Last edited by Technocrat : 1st July 2008 at 19:52. Reason: Dotty posts are not encouraged
Old 1st July 2008, 22:44   #2

Ohh damn, Why did you buy the victa in the first place? I dont think there has ever been a Victa Modification thread ever.

Anyways, Go in for a set of Good Alloys. And about the Suspension transfer, it is not as easy as it seems, dont try it.
Old 1st July 2008, 23:07   #3
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the buy.

But, IMHO, it would have been better if you had gone for a well maintained second hand Victa.

Anyway, all the best on the mods.
Old 7th January 2009, 13:02   #4
Default Tata Victa Modification

It is unfortunate that TATA never gave 4x4 with the 407 engine. This is where Mahindra and Force motors got the edge in marketing when it comes to sales in hilly region. We all obiously know that jeeps are basically meant for hilly region.

Even now, if the TATAs can give a 4x4 option with Victa DI, there should be a 10% boost in sales as every body knows that the 407 engine is a no frills engine except for NVH, which the engineers have refined to a large extent.

With respect to modifications to dashboard, there is a service center in Alwae which does modifications for the Force Motors traveller (both interior and exterior). They can definitely help you.

Ganesh Laxmanmurthy
Tata Victa
Tata Spacio Gold
Old 7th January 2009, 13:57   #5

@sam: First of all , Congrats on the new buy!!! My advice would be don't do anything with engine as it is a brand new vehicle. And my 2 cents would be put in a nice pair of alloys and tyres, have a nice ICE setup and do the interiors as you wish. And stick with it for sometime, till she is nice and tired with the stock setup and then go in for further mods.
( Senior do correct me if i'm wrong ).

Old 7th January 2009, 21:56   #6

Wow, somebody just reopened a six month old, thread! LOL!
Old 7th January 2009, 23:20   #7
Team-BHP Support

Moderator's note: Thread closed due to obsolescence.
Closed Thread