Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 5th July 2008, 00:57   #1

Talking Small cosmetic changes to my Esteem?

Hi guys, after reading forums for many days I have decided to put my question in this great forum. I have Esteem Vxi. At present I would like to do few cosmetic modifictions to my baby. I am posting 3 pics. 1) I would like to match the color of 'Side Door Guard' to cars Pearl Silver color 2) And the color of the ' Mid Section ' of two glasses to Black to give them bigger feel and better look. 3) I also want to change the spoiler to latest Esteems Model but not from the Dealer. 4) Where can I do all these things at reasonable rate in Pune, any idea how much paint work would cost ? Excuse me, if I havent used the correct word to describe those points and for not being able to do proper formatting because I am using my Cellphone. Please guide me. Regards - Arnold
arnold991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2008, 12:03   #2
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnold991 View Post
Hi guys, after reading forums for many days I have decided to put my question in this great forum. I have Esteem Vxi. At present I would like to do few cosmetic modifictions to my baby. I am posting 3 pics. 1) I would like to match the color of 'Side Door Guard' to cars Pearl Silver color 2) And the color of the ' Mid Section ' of two glasses to Black to give them bigger feel and better look. 3) I also want to change the spoiler to latest Esteems Model but not from the Dealer. 4) Where can I do all these things at reasonable rate in Pune, any idea how much paint work would cost ? Excuse me, if I havent used the correct word to describe those points and for not being able to do proper formatting because I am using my Cellphone. Please guide me. Regards - Arnold
Firstly, welcome aboard to Team-Bhp my friend.

You said that you have posted 3 pics of your car. I cant see any though!

Anyways coming to point No.1, I assume you mean protecive door rubber mouldings you say "side door guard"! if it is soo, then my humble request is to leave it as it is and keep it black. This is because it looks better that way and even the top of the line new-esteem vxi (Until it was discontinued recently) had the strips in black and it looked good that way. But if the black rubber is faded with age then change it with a new MGP moulding set. I guess both sides i.e. 6 pieces for the esteem cost approx 800 bucks.

Point No.2, I guess you mean the B-pillars when you say "Middle section". Yes, you can black them out, no problems at all. All you need to do is to get hold of a good vinyl stickering shop and they shall do the needful for you. Should not cost you more than 200 bucks.

Point No.3, Ok soo you want a spoiler. I suggest you go in for the OE spoiler which came stock in the esteem vxi's. They are good quality with perfect fitment without any sort of virbations at all. You can get after-market spoilers for max 2-3k (with paint) but they are not worth it. The paint quality is usually bad, finish is horrible and the brake light integrated into the spoiler goes kaput in no time. I know the MGA spoiler is expensive at 6-7k + 1K for booth painting at the dealership. But then its totally worth with the LED lights used in it. At the end of the day, its you who has to deciede depending on your budget.

Cheers

Last edited by prince85 : 5th July 2008 at 12:07.
prince85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2008, 14:08   #3

Smile

I hope now my attachment will work. Thanks a lot prince for such a comprehensive reply and warm welcome. Thanks to mod for editing my thread title and making it more appropriate. Now coming back to queries.
1) prince any idea how much paint work would cost if I just color the ' side door guard ' ?
2) any under 10k worth performance mod for esteem ?
3) guys, am still waiting to know the shop in Pune which can match the color of the side guard to the cars ? - Arnold
Attached Images

arnold991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2008, 11:37   #4
BHPian

@ Arnold : welcome to the team buddy. have you tried cold air intake or stock replace ment filter for your vehicle (performance) . irridium plugs, free flow exhaust (good one). check these out with the gurus here. they will have more information on this.

Last edited by mnhegde : 12th July 2008 at 11:47.
mnhegde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2008, 23:11   #5
BANNED

Put in a Free Flow Exhaust from Mumbai. AutoMech Should be able to do it in under 10K.

BTW, Are those two different cars in the picture or have you changed the Side Mirrors?

Last edited by Cyrus43 : 12th July 2008 at 23:13.
Cyrus43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2008, 00:36   #6
Senior - BHPian

They are definitely two different cars. The first one is an LXi while the second is a VXi. Notice the black handles and the black mirrors in the first picture and the absence of a spoiler too. Also, the number plate is distinctly different in both cars.

@arnold: It would be great if you can post the actual picture of your car or confirm which one of the above is your car.

Last edited by rr_zen : 13th July 2008 at 00:38.
rr_zen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2008, 10:48   #7
BHPian

Hi arnold,i am also a proud owner of an Esteem Lxi.
Do the following mods and turn your car into a beast.
1. Free flow exhaust.
2. Conical filter.
3. Get a smart set of wheels.
4. Paint the B pillars with black. It looks smart.
5. Go for an Aluminum spoiler,
6. Finally get the tri-phase unit .

All this has been done to my esteem and the car is performing too good.

Also you can go for some body graphics and decals....

regards,
vikram
viky_s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2008, 13:09   #8
Senior - BHPian

He's asking about painting the door protector strips so maybe the 2nd pic is to illustrate what he wants?
s0uljah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2008, 13:49   #9
Senior - BHPian

Arnold 1st of all give it some wider rubber and a superhot set of alloys if you have the budget.

Quote:
1) prince any idea how much paint work would cost if I just color the ' side door guard ' ?
IMO shouldnt cost you more than 2k.

Quote:
2) any under 10k worth performance mod for esteem ?
FFE and an aftermarket air filter. Leave K&N coz there are a lot more cheaper ones with the same kinda performance.
rjstyles69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2008, 14:04   #10
Senior - BHPian

The OE spoiler is very expensive. Try the market before you decide to go to the M.A.S.S. They charge around 8k for the painting & fitment. BTW, which one of those cars is your ? because the VXi came with body coloured ORVMs & handles.
esteem_lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2008, 20:00   #11
BHPian

You can put black tape on B pillars. Its quite cheaper(Rs 100/-)then Paint and lasts atleast a Year.
somebodystopme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2009, 12:47   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodystopme View Post
You can put black tape on B pillars. Its quite cheaper(Rs 100/-)then Paint and lasts atleast a Year.

Sorry for digging up this old thread, I am thinking of sticking vinyl for my esteem vxi, so before actually i start sticking i thought i should do some photoshopping and see the preview of the same.

Whats your opinion on the image guys?

Mods: Since I am gonna do this job myself so can i post the pre and post results in DIY section?
Attached Images

joeblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2009, 17:17   #13
BHPian

My friend, here's how the matte black sticker looks on esteem vxi.
They look good IMO.
Attached Thumbnails
Small cosmetic changes to my Esteem?-22042009004.jpg  

live2drive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2009, 11:05   #14
BHPian

Arnold, I had done some cosmetic changes on my Saaki (Esteem). This can easily be DIY.

Check my gallery. PM me if you need some more pics. I also have the FFE lying around in good condition
shreyasma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2009, 11:11   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreyasma View Post
Arnold, I had done some cosmetic changes on my Saaki (Esteem). This can easily be DIY.

Check my gallery. PM me if you need some more pics. I also have the FFE lying around in good condition
Hi Shreyas,

What meterial you used to cover the headlight. Attaching the photo from your garage for reference.
Attached Images

joeblack is offline   Reply With Quote